ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

05-08-2016, 03:11 PM   #1
Appalm
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DKG F82 -16

Gloss shadowline wrapping

Hi Forum,

I very recently bought a used M4 MY2016 with almost all options from the list. Sadly it didn't have the gloss shadowline package on the window and mirror trim. It has got matt black which is fine, but I like gloss more.
Anyway I would like to try and wrap it all with preimum gloss vinyl - it seems like something I would be able to do with a good result (compared to PlastiDip and painting etc.) a sunny weekend.

I face one big fat problem though and that is the mirror area - especially the mirror house incl. mount, because those are also in matt black plastics and a lot happens at this area as shapes, angles and cuts. The side LED turning signals are also on the outside of each mirror housing, maybe making it very hard to wrap perfectly. Those LEDs are my key problem I believe!

Are there any professional wrap experts here that could guide me through it and save time, material & effort? Any tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0