GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-04-2018, 08:41 PM   #67
raymondlo84
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2017 6MT, M4 2016 6MT

This is such a stupid design ... and I want a refund almost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veezeey View Post
I did the exact same thing yesterday. However my slide is spring loaded, how did you keep yours from sliding back? I ended up using a small piece of plastic to keep it in place when I want to actually charge. I also noticed that after turning the engine off completely and restarting I need to move the slide off then on again in order for wireless charging to engage again.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 05:05 PM   #68
Jacobsweb
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Comp

Wiring Diagram..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
My solution to this problem... Just took delivery a couple hours ago and I thought I would post up "my first mod"

For reference, my Samsung Galaxy S7e fit with a Ringke Slim case.

Here are the steps you need to take to get a larger phone to fit... This is my initial run, so I may need to take extra steps. It works for now.

First, you'll need to pop the charger off... Which can be a pain depending on the tools you have. Be careful so as to not mar any of your trim, etc.

Notice the screw; there is one for each side of the slider. I didn't have anything that small, so I used a 1.8 flat head from an electronics repair kit.

Here it is removed.

In order for the charger to come on, you'll need to slide the bottom portion back. I was a little concerned because I thought this might keep the charging light on, but it looks to time out when no key is present. Not sure of the behavior when the door is locked.

Note the rubber bottom as it should help keep your phone in place. I also have an Alcantara case, so that helps out a bit. It's pretty difficult to slide. I think you could probably put something behind it to keep it from sliding back. It'll move back about 1/4" before it stops charging.

Taken with my wife's iP6 potato camera

the wireless charger has 2 cables from it. 1 cable is the antenna the other is im assuming power.

My car doesn't have the prewired cables so im trying to track down the wiring diagram of that part so i know what the red, white & green wires do.

any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 07:43 AM   #69
W2S
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D A M Sport

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 08:03 AM   #70
W2S
Private
Rep