EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

10-31-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
katzndogs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 6MT

Club Motorsports Laptimes

Hi Guys,

I was up at Club Motorsports last weekend for the first time with my M3. I just started tracking my car in the last year. Im interested to know if any of the local guys have run CM in their F8X cars and what their best lap times were as well as modifications.

Best I saw for the day was 147.4 recorded on Track Addict. The temp was about 60F and sunny Fall day.

6MT, stock tune, Ohlin R&T, Pagid RS29, and RBF600 fluid, MP4S (~60% tread)

I think there is a lot of room for improvement in my lap time with my current setup.

Would love to hear other's thoughts about the track.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #2
HA55L3R
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15' M4

Love the track, it's my favorite in New England.

I was there back in October and my best time was 1:44.63. There was a lot of traffic and it was tough to get clean laps. My virtual best was 1:41 so there's definitely room for improvement. 1:47.4 on MP4S tires is pretty good though.

It was 50-60 degrees and mostly sunny that day.

Car and mods are: 2015 M4 6MT
265/295 Nankang AR-1 tires pretty heat cycled out, corded em by the end of the day
Exhaust, catless DP, cold air intakes and custom tune
Stock EDC, Swift springs, RS29 pads, SRF fluid, front brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
katzndogs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HA55L3R View Post
Love the track, it's my favorite in New England.

I was there back in October and my best time was 1:44.63. There was a lot of traffic and it was tough to get clean laps. My virtual best was 1:41 so there's definitely room for improvement. 1:47.4 on MP4S tires is pretty good though.

It was 50-60 degrees and mostly sunny that day.

Car and mods are: 2015 M4 6MT
265/295 Nankang AR-1 tires pretty heat cycled out, corded em by the end of the day
Exhaust, catless DP, cold air intakes and custom tune
Stock EDC, Swift springs, RS29 pads, SRF fluid, front brake cooling ducts
Curious what you were seeing for top speeds on the front straight with the tune, DP, intake and cooling ducts. What were you recording lap times on?

I went back the following week and track temps were far colder. My first session the ambient temperature was 38F!! Somehow I still got my time down to a 147.1 that day. The track is first class and the scenary/location is very impressive - I absolutely love the place.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 09:18 AM   #4
HA55L3R
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzndogs View Post
Curious what you were seeing for top speeds on the front straight with the tune, DP, intake and cooling ducts. What were you recording lap times on?

I went back the following week and track temps were far colder. My first session the ambient temperature was 38F!! Somehow I still got my time down to a 147.1 that day. The track is first class and the scenary/location is very impressive - I absolutely love the place.
I use harry's laptimer and a GoPro to record the data, i can send it to you if you wanna take look at it. According the GPS on the app i was hitting low 130's on the front straight.

It gets wicked cold in the mornings there, frost was still on the grass on my first session. When i did the 1:44 it was only 48F but it definitely helped with grip.

Can't wait to go back, I just signed up for the Mass Tuning event there next year.
Appreciate 0