Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-15-2021, 09:04 PM   #2355
alicerink
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuborF82 View Post
Hi guys having a little rant here but I’m Just seeing if anyone here has had issues like me with their Valvetronic design EL exhaust? Been over a year since I ordered it (AA didn’t have their EL yet) got it in November and fitment was disgraceful, tips sticking out 3 inches, pipes hitting the diff, rattles from the valve and pipes not even sitting level it made the car look cheap (been to 2 exhaust shops and they said it’s like it’s not made for the car) and had massive amount of rasp and drone aswell. Been in contact with them constantly since and they have admitted they never did a final fit on their car when making it and have been promising to send me a new “version 2” back section (aswell as others who bought it) in January I had a call with Austin from valvetronic personally saying that was the plan and wanted to help me out. But yesterday they told me after I emailed them they aren’t doing it anymore and want me to take it to a exhaust shop to make changes and they will compensate me for it, which isn’t right after the money iv spent on this system and time iv already wasted. but I’m hoping there is others like me chasing them up and putting pressure on them to come through with there promises. I unable to leave any reviews on there web page either so be aware if you are looking into their exhaust system. Thanks guys
hey bro i got the same exhaust and everything you said is true i even got both tips of the same side and valvetronic won't compensate
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 11:09 AM   #2356
bmwmdistrict
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicerink View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuborF82 View Post
Hi guys having a little rant here but I’m Just seeing if anyone here has had issues like me with their Valvetronic design EL exhaust? Been over a year since I ordered it (AA didn’t have their EL yet) got it in November and fitment was disgraceful, tips sticking out 3 inches, pipes hitting the diff, rattles from the valve and pipes not even sitting level it made the car look cheap (been to 2 exhaust shops and they said it’s like it’s not made for the car) and had massive amount of rasp and drone aswell. Been in contact with them constantly since and they have admitted they never did a final fit on their car when making it and have been promising to send me a new “version 2” back section (aswell as others who bought it) in January I had a call with Austin from valvetronic personally saying that was the plan and wanted to help me out. But yesterday they told me after I emailed them they aren’t doing it anymore and want me to take it to a exhaust shop to make changes and they will compensate me for it, which isn’t right after the money iv spent on this system and time iv already wasted. but I’m hoping there is others like me chasing them up and putting pressure on them to come through with there promises. I unable to leave any reviews on there web page either so be aware if you are looking into their exhaust system. Thanks guys
hey bro i got the same exhaust and everything you said is true i even got both tips of the same side and valvetronic won't compensate
Sorry to hear that. I'm not hearing anything positive about Valvetronic.
Previous: 2016 F82 ///M4 Black Sapphire Metallic | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 11:41 AM   #2357
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by repols View Post
hey mate, I have a disgusting droney resonance between 2500-3000 that makes me cringe every time with my current setup. Is there an easy way to fix this before I decide to weld my mpe back up and sell the eql please?
Is it at WOT or part throttle? I'd check under the car that you're not touching something. Can you get it on video?

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 05:15 PM   #2358
repols
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
Is it at WOT or part throttle? I'd check under the car that you're not touching something. Can you get it on video?
Happens whatever throttle mode / throttle position is in unfortunately, coincidentally its always right before it changes up in comfort so no matter how soft with the pedal you are, there's no way of missing it. Will get a video over the weekend for you
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 11:48 PM   #2359
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by repols View Post
Happens whatever throttle mode / throttle position is in unfortunately, coincidentally its always right before it changes up in comfort so no matter how soft with the pedal you are, there's no way of missing it. Will get a video over the weekend for you
Doesn't sound right. With my valves open at all times using a controller I only get a nasty sound around 1500RPM when cold and if I go more than 3/4 throttle which I rarely do. At first I thought I had some contact under the car but it goes away if I close the valves so I'm chalking it up to the thin titanium rear can.

As a matter of fact approaching 3k RPMs is the sweet spot sound wise if you're just cruising, WOT is just another beast with the MPE.

I don't want to spam the stupid video I made when I got it but in the beginning of it when I'm just pulling away, what's different about yours?

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 07:16 AM   #2360
1000hp
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

I don't want to spam the stupid video I made when I got it but in the beginning of it when I'm just pulling away, what's different about yours?
That's a helpful video. I listened to it quite a bit when I was exhaust shopping.

The shitty trumpet sound comes form the non-res mid. I have both resonated and non-resonated rear pipes for my AA mid, and that barking trumpet fart sound does not exist with the resonated pipes installed. I wish I could get the volume of the non-res with the resonators on there. Probably go catted downpipes next, and put the resonated pipes back on.
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3948.00
      06-17-2021, 07:25 AM   #2361
YKIGI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quadrifoglio

Just wanna add, I don’t see much about the filters on here. Just DP Mid and Rear every time. If you aren’t running an intake yet or are not going to run an intake ever STILL change out the filters to BMC or an equivalent. It makes a difference

E46 wagon ~ E46 330ci ZHP ~E46 M3 Sold ~ E92 335i Sold ~ E90 M3 Sold ~ F82 M4 Sold <- All Manuals
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 08:30 AM   #2362
1000hp
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKIGI View Post
Just wanna add, I don’t see much about the filters on here. Just DP Mid and Rear every time. If you aren’t running an intake yet or are not going to run an intake ever STILL change out the filters to BMC or an equivalent. It makes a difference
A difference in sound?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 08:43 AM   #2363
YKIGI
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000hp View Post
A difference in sound?
Yes sir. Especially when paired with aftermarket pipes. On stock pipes you will notice a slight bump up in “induction noise and spool”. After market pipes youll hear a more open sound up front and less restricted. On M, AMG, and Porsche, the filters IMO make a difference.

Another example is. On those cars mentioned the stock filters sound like a mask or muffled. The BMC etc sound open

E46 wagon ~ E46 330ci ZHP ~E46 M3 Sold ~ E92 335i Sold ~ E90 M3 Sold ~ F82 M4 Sold <- All Manuals
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 08:44 AM   #2364
1000hp
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes sir. Especially when paired with aftermarket pipes. On stock pipes you will notice a slight bump up in “induction noise and spool”. After market pipes youll hear a more open sound up front and less restricted. On M, AMG, and Porsche, the filters IMO make a difference.

Another example is. On those cars mentioned the stock filters sound like a mask or muffled. The BMC etc sound open
Interesting. I may have to burn some more cash on them in that case.
Appreciate 1
YKIGI248.00
      06-17-2021, 11:01 AM   #2365
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep

Quote:

This thread is about exhaust sound, Equal Length exhaust.
Any open element filter will let you hear the induction sound quite a bit more compared to stock muffled airboxes, but none of that translates to a change in exhaust tone.

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 11:14 AM   #2366
YKIGI
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This thread is about exhaust sound, Equal Length exhaust.
Any open element filter will let you hear the induction sound quite a bit more compared to stock muffled airboxes, but none of that translates to a change in exhaust tone.
I disagree

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 11:48 AM   #2367
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep

Quote:
I disagree
This isn't Mexican food, just because the air is louder going in it doesn't mean that it'll be louder going out

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 4
YKIGI248.00
ntg442888.50
ra2289305.50
EvoFire99.00
      06-17-2021, 12:57 PM   #2368
1000hp
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This isn't Mexican food, just because the air is louder going in it doesn't mean that it'll be louder going out
Haha what's that got to do with mexican food?

I'm not a big fan of most intake noise, but if it changes the sound of the car, especially from the driver's seat, I'm interested.
These cars are so well insulated that it seems like half the time you either hear nothing or you hear some horrible tone that you don't want. I think that's why they pump in fake sound from the factory. Kinda makes me miss having a V8.
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3948.00
      06-17-2021, 01:01 PM   #2369
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Haha what's that got to do with mexican food?

I'm not a big fan of most intake noise, but if it changes the sound of the car, especially from the driver's seat, I'm interested.
These cars are so well insulated that it seems like half the time you either hear nothing or you hear some horrible tone that you don't want. I think that's why they pump in fake sound from the factory. Kinda makes me miss having a V8.
Lol, my attempt at a stupid joke.

From the driver's seat you are going to hear the difference, I just meant that it doesn't affect the exhaust sound, standing behind the car it will sound the same with either intake.

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #2370
1000hp
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Lol, my attempt at a stupid joke.

From the driver's seat you are going to hear the difference, I just meant that it doesn't affect the exhaust sound, standing behind the car it will sound the same with either intake.
I mean what sick bastard besides my wife doesn't like Mexican food?

I just put a Dinan muffler on my car. Sounds beautiful from outside, but most of the time I'm driving I can't hear shit
I guess I will take the next logical step and get high-flow-catted downpipes, but I will try the $100 air filters first and see if that makes noise that I can actually hear in the car.
Appreciate 1
YKIGI248.00
      06-17-2021, 01:14 PM   #2371
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
I mean what sick bastard besides my wife doesn't like Mexican food?

I just put a Dinan muffler on my car. Sounds beautiful from outside, but most of the time I'm driving I can't hear shit
I guess I will take the next logical step and get high-flow-catted downpipes, but I will try the $100 air filters first and see if that makes noise that I can actually hear in the car.
The joke is about the sh*ts you take after ingesting certain foods lol. Mexican food is awesome - but as a hapa I can fully appreciate that certain people's digestive tracts are not prepared for ethnic foods

If you want more interior sound, maybe a little bit of gutting is the answer. Check this out (fully gutted drive):
      06-17-2021, 01:18 PM   #2372
YKIGI
First Lieutenant
Rep

Dudes. More air in = more air out. 20% more air will make a difference up front and cause more volume coming out the muffler. German cars sound choked off. My buddy has a stock AMG and his exhaust got louder just from BMC as did my M. Emissions kills volume. Open it up with drop ins and you’ll see 1000hp

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 01:36 PM   #2373
Slo_F80_Mike
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 (MW SO, 6MT)

If you want to hear more exhaust sound from the interior, a quick easy way is to just fold the rear seats down lol.
Appreciate 1
phoenx332.50
      06-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #2374
mikey914
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

AWE Switchpath paired with AA equal length custom resonated midpipe and SSR catless Downpipes.

Here is updated clip with no burbles

Last edited by mikey914; 06-17-2021 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 02:58 PM   #2375
1000hp
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey914 View Post

AWE Switchpath paired with AA equal length custom resonated midpipe and SSR catless Downpipes. I believe I have one of the best sounding f80s out there
That does sound great. I'm sure the downpipes help with the volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro
as a hapa I can fully appreciate that certain people's digestive tracts are not prepared for ethnic foods
haha I can't do extra spicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKIGI
My buddy has a stock AMG and his exhaust got louder just from BMC as did my M. Emissions kills volume. Open it up with drop ins and you’ll see 1000hp
At first I thought you were saying I would get 1000hp with drop-in air filters. I was like hellll yeah best $100 I ever spent!
I'll try the filters and see how they sound. I don't think they will change the exhaust sound, but the added intake sound might make the car sound better overall.
Don't know what AMG your friend has, but on a turbocharged car, even if you had a lot of overlap, you're probably not ever going to hear the intake noise through the exhaust. Just my 0.02.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 03:45 PM   #2376
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey914 View Post

AWE Switchpath paired with AA equal length custom resonated midpipe and SSR catless Downpipes. I believe I have one of the best sounding f80s out there
Turn those gunshots off
ra2289305.50
JamesGames1326.00
Kilabyte3948.00