R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-28-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
Mrfurious214
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral White M3

Subwoofer's not working!?!

Please help guys. My OEM woofers under my front seats aren't working atm but the other speakers are working fine. I have 2 sub sliced into the OEM woofer wires so I assume something went wrong. I have unplugged the sub's and their amp but still not getting any sound from my OEM woofers. I used a multimeter to test my OEM woofers and they are both fine...just not getting a signal from the OEM amp I guess. Any idea's?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 09:54 AM   #2
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Most probably your sub install burned the OEM amp woofer outputs up.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 10:02 AM   #3
Mrfurious214
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral White M3

Any opinion on whether I should replace with another OEM amp vs the Bavsound amp? Big difference in price and I will be keeping my OEM speakers (along with my aftermarket sub...which worked fine for 6 years). Will there be a difference in sound using the Bavsound amp or will it be the same quality’s since I’m not changing speakers?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 01:02 PM   #4
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfurious214 View Post
Any opinion on whether I should replace with another OEM amp vs the Bavsound amp? Big difference in price and I will be keeping my OEM speakers (along with my aftermarket sub...which worked fine for 6 years). Will there be a difference in sound using the Bavsound amp or will it be the same quality’s since I’m not changing speakers?
It will sound better if whatever aftermarket amp you select has MOST inputs - Bavsound, Helix, Audison, and mObridge has amplifiers/converters that can replace the MOST OEM amp in your car directly. Digital sound up to the amplifier output, like the OEM amp but much better clarity, and power.
Appreciate 0