Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-12-2024, 11:47 AM   #1
cptclutch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Feedback on Turner Motorsport camber plates?

Looking into picking up some camber plates for my F80 that I daily and was wondering how the TMS plates are regarded. I can't really find much information on them, but they are on sale for $385 so it's a very good deal compared to something like the Vorshlag's. Seems like most TMS stuff is high quality so I'm thinking of pulling the trigger but wanted to try to get some feedback beforehand.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 12:56 PM   #2
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

I’m not aware of anyone running the TMS camber plates. Remember the current TMS has nothing to do with Turner Motorsports and the TMS items aren’t designed by the real race team. ECS Tuning bought the TMS online parts business 5-6 years ago.

Millway, Vorshlag and GC are the most commonly used camper plates. Why do you need camber plates on your daily driver? Is your camber off too much between left and right? I’d recommend you look into Millway’s street camber plates which should add 0% NVH. NVH is the last thing you what in a daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 12:59 PM   #3
cptclutch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
I’m not aware of anyone running the TMS camber plates. Remember the current TMS has nothing to do with Turner Motorsports and the TMS items aren’t designed by the real race team. ECS Tuning bought the TMS online parts business 5-6 years ago.

Millway, Vorshlag and GC are the most commonly used camper plates. Why do you need camber plates on your daily driver? Is your camber off too much between left and right? I’d recommend you look into Millway’s street camber plates which should add 0% NVH. NVH is the last thing you what in a daily driver.
Thanks for the information. Yeah the lack of feedback from people running those is disconcerting so I guess I'll hold off and pick one of the more proven options, was just a great price.

I'm looking to do the occasional track day and also am doing anything I can to give the front end some more feedback. I don't mind a little more NVM for a more direct steering response/feel. From what I've seen everyone recommends both the thrust arm monoball and camber plates for that goal.

Last edited by cptclutch; 04-12-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 02:00 PM   #4
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptclutch View Post
Thanks for the information. Yeah the lack of feedback from people running those is disconcerting so I guess I'll hold off and pick one of the more proven options, was just a great price.

I'm looking to do the occasional track day and also am doing anything I can to give the front end some more feedback. I don't mind a little more NVM for a more direct steering response/feel. From what I've seen everyone recommends both the thrust arm monoball and camber plates for that goal.
The thrust arm monoball is an awesome upgrade with zero additional NVH. I currently have the BimmerWorld monoballs installed on my two e92 M3s and f82, with the first set having been installed in 2010. It does improve the steering feel (doesn’t turn the eps into an e46/e92 hydraulic system) and the change in toe under hard braking.

Camber plates are primarily needed for a car being used on track to extend tire life and maximize cornering contact patch. Look in the forum suspension marketplace for used camber plates for stock struts. For a dual-purpose car, biased to street use, I’d recommend the Millway street camber plate and the following alignment:

Front
Camber -2.5 deg
Toe 0.0” (or a slight toe-in 3/16” total for street)
Caster max possible if camber plate has caster adjustment

Rear
Camber -1.8 to -2.0 deg
Toe +1/8” total toe-in

-2.5 deg of front camber will have a very small increase in tire wear. It’s incorrect toe that destroys tires quickly.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2024, 04:58 PM   #5
cptclutch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yep I think I'm going to go with the Millway Street setup, seems like the best overall compromise. Thanks for the advice!

I think the monoball/camber plate/CS steering flash will bring the steering feel to a great place.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 05:15 PM   #6
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yep I think I'm going to go with the Millway Street setup, seems like the best overall compromise. Thanks for the advice!

I think the monoball/camber plate/CS steering flash will bring the steering feel to a great place.
You’re welcome

Millway CP + (BW ) monoballs + CS eps coding = nice street steering setup!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 09:32 AM   #7
b_w.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Monoball does a great job. I was happy with the GC plates. I would buy the monoballs pre installed in the arms.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 09:58 PM   #8
cptclutch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_w. View Post
Monoball does a great job. I was happy with the GC plates. I would buy the monoballs pre installed in the arms.
Did you notice a steering feedback improvement with the camber plates?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 08:54 AM   #9
b_w.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Did you notice a steering feedback improvement with the camber plates?
More so the ability to get the correct alignment. Going to need new tires after a single track day without the right camber. Pay for themselves immediately.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 11:31 PM   #10
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Looking into picking up some camber plates for my F80 that I daily and was wondering how the TMS plates are regarded. I can't really find much information on them, but they are on sale for $385 so it's a very good deal compared to something like the Vorshlag's. Seems like most TMS stuff is high quality so I'm thinking of pulling the trigger but wanted to try to get some feedback beforehand.
Supposedly the turner plates are K-MAC (never heard of k-mac) but I was reading about them

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0