R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-23-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

JRZ rs 2 recommend setting

Was wondering how all you JRZ users have your suspension setup. Gonna attempt to DIY my new coilovers kit tomarrow. Need some recommendations on settings.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 07:24 PM   #2
Russell263
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 MG M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
Was wondering how all you JRZ users have your suspension setup. Gonna attempt to DIY my new coilovers kit tomarrow. Need some recommendations on settings.
Mine are set to the settings that IND recommends (http://ind-distribution.com/ind/jrz-...l-coilover-kit)
Haven't had much time on them to try anything different or mess with the settings, but so far they feel great, and this is a good starting point.

Front
Compression + 6
Rebound + 7

Rear
Compression + 4
Rebound + 9
Appreciate 5
      07-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #3
trackm4
Petrolhead
Rep
Drives: MW M4

I have mine set to +7 comp +11 rebound. From full soft. My primary use case is track. Might go a bit stiffer soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #4
tomtang
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White

Hey guys. As a JRZ global HQ supported driver I have run the RS Pro (2012-2013) and Motorsport Triples (2013-2015) in the past on my Honda S2000 race car. In 2015 JRZ switched me over to their newest series of triple adjustable race dampers, the 12 31's.

As such, JRZ is building me a set of RS Two's for my F80 M3 soon and we will be doing a blog series on the new JRZ website about how these compare and what we find as we test them at various track in California. My M3 will serve as a weekend car and occasional daily driver, so I'll also have plenty of seat time with it on normal roads.

We would love to also continue to get feedback from customers who have these now. Let me know what you've seen and experienced and also under what conditions and where.
Appreciate 2
mcvaughan703.00
      07-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #5
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

My settings for daily driving...

Front
Compression + 5
Rebound + 9

Rear
Compression + 3
Rebound + 5
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #6
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell263
Quote:
Mine are set to the settings that IND recommends (http://ind-distribution.com/ind/jrz-...l-coilover-kit)
Haven't had much time on them to try anything different or mess with the settings, but so far they feel great, and this is a good starting point.

Front
Compression + 6
Rebound + 7

Rear
Compression + 4
Rebound + 9
Went with these setting front is great need to play with rear a little. DIY installed last night. Have alignment set for Thursday. This suspension is amazing though.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 01:38 PM   #7
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
went with these setting front is great need to play with rear a little. DIY installed last night. Have alignment set for Thursday. This suspension is amazing though.
Any tips on drilling the hole for the Rear Rebound extension/knob? I still haven't drilled mine yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #8
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-shell
Quote:
went with these setting front is great need to play with rear a little. DIY installed last night. Have alignment set for Thursday. This suspension is amazing though.
Any tips on drilling the hole for the Rear Rebound extension/knob? I still haven't drilled mine yet.
No I bought my kit used, didn't include the adjustment knobs(which suck). Im waiting on a call back from JRZ to get a new set. I would imagine just drill from the inside so you don't have to remove the strut again.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 01:58 PM   #9
Russell263
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No I bought my kit used, didn't include the adjustment knobs(which suck). Im waiting on a call back from JRZ to get a new set. I would imagine just drill from the inside so you don't have to remove the strut again.
Same issue here, my rear adjustment knobs do not work, even though they are mounted correctly. I also need to get a new set eventually...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #10
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell263
Quote:
Same issue here, my rear adjustment knobs do not work, even though they are mounted correctly. I also need to get a new set eventually...
My rears are a little bouncy. I wonder if raising the compression would help this. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #11
tomtang
Private
Rep

Quote:
Who are you waiting to hear back from? Feel free to ping me if you don't get a timely response.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #12
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtang
Quote:
Who are you waiting to hear back from? Feel free to ping me if you don't get a timely response.
I have a set coming should be here Friday. Thank you though.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 01:21 PM   #13
tomtang
Private
Rep

No prob. =)
      07-27-2016, 02:16 AM   #14
erdisaral
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

how bad is it? I have KW and it's so bouncy. I was thinking about changing it with JRZ.

Quote:
My rears are a little bouncy. I wonder if raising the compression would help this. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 03:04 PM   #15
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-shell
Quote:
Did the knobs today here is where to drill.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #16
Russell263
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
saw your post the other day and came here to show how mine is mounted, but looks like you have it done already.

getting around that bracket once its bolted back up really puts a kink in the tube.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #17
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the photo. What bit did you use to drill it? And did you go from the bottom-up or from top-down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell263 View Post
saw your post the other day and came here to show how mine is mounted, but looks like you have it done already.

getting around that bracket once its bolted back up really puts a kink in the tube.
Kinda blows that the bracket will kink it like this. Maybe cutting the cable to place the knob right bellow the cable would be the best solution. I think this whole rear rebound knob thing is the one thing that JRZ really messed up on.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 02:18 AM   #18
EBM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-shell View Post
Quote:
Thank you for the photo. What bit did you use to drill it? And did you go from the bottom-up or from top-down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell263 View Post

Kinda blows that the bracket will kink it like this. Maybe cutting the cable to place the knob right bellow the cable would be the best solution. I think this whole rear rebound knob thing is the one thing that JRZ really messed up on.
Guys any more info on what it size you guys used and I am assuming you needed to have the suspension apart to drill this out from the bottom up?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #19
Jomnhta
Rep
Drives: M3

I just got my set this week and get it installed. JRZ seems changed the rear shock design which the adjustment is done outside the car instead of inside. It doesn't come with the adjustment connecting rod and the adjuster is just below the rear shock mount.

Part no. 25S 012 F82 00 00
Appreciate 1
mcvaughan703.00
      02-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #20
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomnhta View Post
I just got my set this week and get it installed. JRZ seems changed the rear shock design which the adjustment is done outside the car instead of inside. It doesn't come with the adjustment connecting rod and the adjuster is just below the rear shock mount.

Part no. 25S 012 F82 00 00
Good to hear. I may eventually switch over to this new design as I have yet to drill the hole.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 04:48 PM   #21
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Just had my RS Pro's installed, and was wondering where the rebound for rear was. I presume they moved it to the bottom instead of up top? I haven't had a chance to look under the car yet.

Aside from that, loving the JRZ's. They seem to soak up bumps much better than my old KW CS.

Edit: guess I should've read the prior post. Mine are new so I guess I have the newest design.
      04-20-2017, 11:45 PM   #22
F3IGHTY
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

My pros look like the pictures above, had to drill holes and it's a pain in the ass to adjust.
Appreciate 0