European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-22-2021, 05:05 AM   #23
nickl630
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3CS, 09 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile2424 View Post
Ya the car I am looking at is not a specific limited edition but similar in spec. Individual paint in a unique color I really like. Full leather (not extended full leather). All the packages. Full clear bra. M performance mirrors, exhaust, diffuser, rear spoiler. MSRP on the car was 98k I believe. Car is not being advertised anywhere but the seller is asking around 80k.
Easily 10k over-priced and I dont even know the year/miles.
      01-22-2021, 09:59 AM   #24
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
The problem with Jahre cars is they werent worth the original msrp mark up. Its a very expensive cosmetic package. Doesnt matter how many they made of those, they arent collectables. I would pay more for an ultimate package than Jahre.
Yes agreed, probably why my car was $108k CAD for MSRP with the carbon ceramics and I paid $62k CAD and the car was brand new. Another nice perk is I could make it a CPO so get 7 year BMW warranty on it as well. It had been in a collection for just under 3 years so only on showcase and never driven. It had 108 km's on it when I picked it up which is why it only has 4500 km's now. Essentially I made it into an 'ultimate' package by the items I listed above, M perf lip, spoiler, diffuser and MPE etc etc. So definitely a sweet F80 combo and it is so much fun to drive. The one thing I like about the Jahre is that I won't see the same car in my entire city - I have the only one BMW tells me. Only 30 came to Canada and the macao blue is a glorious in person paint color and this is speaking from someone who was skeptical and didn't like it when it was released and I saw the photos. It's my unicorn even though it wouldn't be someone else's

I also agree with the CS being the true unicorn especially in SMB. Thats's what I originally wanted but couldn't find it. Plus way more money too.
Appreciate 1
IB M2765.50
      01-22-2021, 10:10 AM   #25
4play
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ano0oj View Post
Or the new G80 Comp
Definitely not. GTS all the way. Limited production >>> that ugly, heavy monstrosity.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 10:13 AM   #26
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
The only "unicorn" I hear of is a 6MT ZCP M3 with a Sunroof.
Then I got a unicorn too. Woohoo.
      01-22-2021, 10:14 AM   #27
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I think $80k ask immediately makes it the highest priced M3 in the US, including CS's. (Fact check me on this, I just took a quick peek at CarGurus).

It's clearly overpriced. Maybe even shockingly overpriced. But as an individual owner yourself, I'm sure you understand the game - owner is looking for someone to fall so much in love with that specific, unique build, that they don't give a shit if they overpay.

So the question for you really is, are you that person? No judgment of course, I've certainly been there.

Or if you're not quite there at $80k, you can bank on the owner not finding that buyer, and inevitably drops his price as many others have. Which could end in tears if he sells it
Appreciate 1
White3401388.00