EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

02-24-2018, 05:57 AM   #23
Paul SR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
So I've put down a deposit on a Silverstone II, perfect spec just minus the full leather, i.e dash and door tops and more importantly has ferric grey wheels. Although they are not bad, i just think the 437m in Jet black just suit the Silverstone II more. I've got another thread open on trying to gauge how much i could sell the ferric grey for, or whether to try and pull out and wait for a car with the right wheels. If i do switch wheels, if in the future i have issues with my wheels, i'll have no warranty as they won't be the original wheels on the car. Any other warranty issues it could cause by changing the wheels vs. factory build spec. If i decide to go ahead and switch wheels, what my are my options?

- Sell and buy jet black second hand. How would i authenticate how genuine the wheels are, not been buckled or returned, warranty etc

- Find someone here who may want to trade a straight swap, whats the likelihood?

- sell ferric grey and buy brand new jet blacks, cost of new are in the regions of £3.5k

- some people have mentioned refurb, but not sure if the process makes them look less genuine/finish, reliability vs. stock wheels and if the process such as baking weakens the wheel etc?

Sorry guys - new to all of this wheel scenario, just want the car to be perfect and as OEM as factory
The factory finish isn’t always great (paintwork for example) and never ask the dealer to valet your car as they often add swirls to the paint. Search Lepsons and they can provide any finish you want e.g Gloss black with silver highlights , shadow finish on the inside etc. It will be far superior to the BMW OEM! Look at their website and this should give you a benchmark to compare others. Avoid ones that just spray and lacquer.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 07:59 AM   #24
K81M3
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SR View Post
The factory finish isn’t always great (paintwork for example) and never ask the dealer to valet your car as they often add swirls to the paint. Search Lepsons and they can provide any finish you want e.g Gloss black with silver highlights , shadow finish on the inside etc. It will be far superior to the BMW OEM! Look at their website and this should give you a benchmark to compare others. Avoid ones that just spray and lacquer.
Thanks for the info, have had many people recommend Lepsons, are they nationally based, the one I’ve seen is in Kent? Has anyone had any first hand experience of going from ferric to jet black?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #25
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SR View Post
The factory finish on the 437m is superb they are made by one of the best wheel manufacturers in the world.

Lepsons are great and can match it but don't think that Fuch don't know what they are doing when finishing a wheel, or confuse your dealer's car wash guys with a high end wheel maker.