proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

09-16-2020, 12:35 PM   #23
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
I think I bought the car this thread was initially referring to.

No claim on the Carfax with regard to the bumper issue - looks like it was just the cover damaged, so that part was swapped out. Can't tell at all - the exterior is in excellent shape cosmetically. Interior has a few scratches in the leather and some wear on the driver's bolster, but otherwise in quite good nick.

Carbon brake rotors were replaced by the PO and have lots of meat on them - weighed the front discs and they are basically new - 7422g with min weight of 7219g.

I think mine is the highest mileage example in the world (33.3k miles when I got the car, now at 34.2k), which is fine, because I bought it to drive! Came with lots of spares - new upper and lower front splitters among them.

Hopefully values begin to rise across the board - these are an incredible value at current prices. The initial reviews really hurt the car in my mind. This thing is every bit as quick and special as a 991.1 GT3, but much lower production numbers and currently trading at a significant discount. It was a no-brainer for me.
Quote:

No claim on the Carfax with regard to the bumper issue - looks like it was just the cover damaged, so that part was swapped out. Can't tell at all - the exterior is in excellent shape cosmetically. Interior has a few scratches in the leather and some wear on the driver's bolster, but otherwise in quite good nick.

Carbon brake rotors were replaced by the PO and have lots of meat on them - weighed the front discs and they are basically new - 7422g with min weight of 7219g.

I think mine is the highest mileage example in the world (33.3k miles when I got the car, now at 34.2k), which is fine, because I bought it to drive! Came with lots of spares - new upper and lower front splitters among them.

Hopefully values begin to rise across the board - these are an incredible value at current prices. The initial reviews really hurt the car in my mind. This thing is every bit as quick and special as a 991.1 GT3, but much lower production numbers and currently trading at a significant discount. It was a no-brainer for me.
Congrats! You planning on installing the wing back?
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 12:02 AM   #24
4play
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
Wing has been on the car from day 1 of owning it.

The only part I don't run on a regular basis is the acid orange lower splitter - I have 2 of them. 1 pristine and one is halfway
decent with some light scuffs. Unfortunately, I cannot get in and out of my driveway without scraping with the lower splitter
on unless I do it absolutely perfectly, which I can only manage about 50% of the time. Rather than destroy the halfway decent
lower splitter, I just left it off.

So far, most impressions from other people have been good, but lots of people just see the wing and orange wheels and think
it is a modded BMW. Even "car guys" take a few seconds to realize what it is. It's one thing to fly under the radar, but this car
doesn't (owing to the aforementioned orange wheels and big wing), and it is a bit of a bummer for the average person to clearly
notice it but just think it's a riced out BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 07:55 AM   #25
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
Wing has been on the car from day 1 of owning it.

The only part I don't run on a regular basis is the acid orange lower splitter - I have 2 of them. 1 pristine and one is halfway
decent with some light scuffs. Unfortunately, I cannot get in and out of my driveway without scraping with the lower splitter
on unless I do it absolutely perfectly, which I can only manage about 50% of the time. Rather than destroy the halfway decent
lower splitter, I just left it off.

So far, most impressions from other people have been good, but lots of people just see the wing and orange wheels and think
it is a modded BMW. Even "car guys" take a few seconds to realize what it is. It's one thing to fly under the radar, but this car
doesn't (owing to the aforementioned orange wheels and big wing), and it is a bit of a bummer for the average person to clearly
notice it but just think it's a riced out BMW.
I've had the opposite reaction from both "car enthusiasts" and non car enthusiasts- likely due to the frozen grey.

Willing to sell either of one of the orange splitter? PM me if you're interested. Shipping may be a bit of a hassle though if you're ok with that.

You thought about vinyl wrap livery? Check out:

I'm thinking something like
https://www.instagram.com/m3diocrem4gts/
but with Gulf Heritage livery to match the orange wheels
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/

Last edited by Day Laborer; 09-17-2020 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #26
M3hf80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the car? He seemed like he had very little room for negotiation.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 06:13 PM   #27
GTABurnout
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Manual

Quote:

Awesome glad some on got it finally. FYI the Autocheck has the rear bumper accident. I was very serious about that car but he stopped talking with me when I made my offer. Can you share what you got it for?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 10:59 PM   #28
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
the acid orange lower splitter - I have 2 of them. 1 pristine and one is halfway
decent with some light scuffs.
Mind if i ask you if it’s OEM and where you sourced it? I’m talking about only the acid orange extendable lower part, not upper CF part. It sounds like that’s what you’re talking about as well.

I’m going nuts trying to even figure out how to search for it. Don’t seem to be getting hits under OEM BMW M4 GTS “lip”, “front spoiler”, “splitter”, etc.

EDIT: i only read your second post in the thread before i asked you. Seems like it came as an extra with the sale from PO, then? Maybe it’s a long shot to ask you where i can find it, but maybe someone else chimes in and puts me out of my misery
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 06:47 AM   #29
the_scotsman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sport Evo/JP M3/M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Mind if i ask you if it’s OEM and where you sourced it? I’m talking about only the acid orange extendable lower part, not upper CF part. It sounds like that’s what you’re talking about as well.

I’m going nuts trying to even figure out how to search for it. Don’t seem to be getting hits under OEM BMW M4 GTS “lip”, “front spoiler”, “splitter”, etc.
Part number 1 here:
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_3758
Appreciate 1
Darth One6612.50
      09-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #30
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4

Quote:
Quote:
the acid orange lower splitter - I have 2 of them. 1 pristine and one is halfway
Mind if i ask you if it's OEM and where you sourced it? I'm talking about only the acid orange extendable lower part, not upper CF part. It sounds like that's what you're talking about as well.

I'm going nuts trying to even figure out how to search for it. Don't seem to be getting hits under OEM BMW M4 GTS "lip", "front spoiler", "splitter", etc.

EDIT: i only read your second post in the thread before i asked you. Seems like it came as an extra with the sale from PO, then? Maybe it's a long shot to ask you where i can find it, but maybe someone else chimes in and puts me out of my misery
Ind sells a fall line replica as well. That's what's on my car. Super strong and can take a beating. My car is my daily and I don't worry about rubbing at all and my car is loooooowwww.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
h_bakken148.50
Darth One6612.50
FormulaMMM3662.50
      09-18-2020, 10:02 AM   #31
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

It's strange because the CS comes with the same carbon part that sits on top of the flat orange thing. It makes me wonder if it's possible to buy the fall line part and attach it to my CS

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_3758
Basically part 1 is the GTS-exclusive part and part 2 is the CF part that also comes in the CS

Edit:
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_5553
Looks like I was wrong. The CS piece does look like the GTS piece but it's smaller

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 09-18-2020 at 10:15 AM..
Appreciate 3
Lienrocs701.00
h_bakken148.50
fanatic11018.50
      09-18-2020, 10:44 AM   #32
h_bakken
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 (E93) Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Mind if i ask you if it's OEM and where you sourced it? I'm talking about only the acid orange extendable lower part, not upper CF part. It sounds like that's what you're talking about as well.

I'm going nuts trying to even figure out how to search for it. Don't seem to be getting hits under OEM BMW M4 GTS "lip", "front spoiler", "splitter", etc.

EDIT: i only read your second post in the thread before i asked you. Seems like it came as an extra with the sale from PO, then? Maybe it's a long shot to ask you where i can find it, but maybe someone else chimes in and puts me out of my misery
Ind sells a fall line replica as well. That's what's on my car. Super strong and can take a beating. My car is my daily and I don't worry about rubbing at all and my car is loooooowwww.
Thanks for this.

I'm going to order a fall line one, and shelve my OEM.

OEM not pristine, few linear scuffs on the bottom and a small stone chip, but makes sense to set it aside before it gets trashed.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 10:46 AM   #33
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_bakken View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for this.

OEM not pristine, few linear scuffs on the bottom and a small stone chip, but makes sense to set it aside before it gets trashed.
Yeah. I had the same thought. My oem splitter still looks good but has some minor rubs. It makes some cool garage art and I have the peace of mind of a cheaper replacement. I consider the splitter a wear item at this point.
Appreciate 1
h_bakken148.50
      09-18-2020, 10:49 AM   #34
h_bakken
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for this.

Yeah. I had the same thought. My oem splitter still looks good but has some minor rubs. It makes some cool garage art and I have the peace of mind of a cheaper replacement. I consider the splitter a wear item at this point.
Wear item.

Completely agree.
Appreciate 1
Lienrocs701.00
      09-18-2020, 12:01 PM   #35
4play
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

I thought about making a bunch of sacrificial lower splitters out of HPDE or something similar. There's a local waterjet service who can cut them for fairly cheap given a large enough order quantity.

The Fall Line one is crazy expensive for being a sheet of plastic. The plastic itself costs ~$225 for a sheet that can make 4/5 splitters.
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3942.00
      09-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #36
UGADawgFan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GT3, B9 S4, E92 M3, G05

Quote:

Except it doesn't sound like god screaming like the GT3 at WOT It sounds more like god is gargling.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 12:42 PM   #37
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGADawgFan View Post
Except it doesn't sound like god screaming like the GT3 at WOT It sounds more like god is gargling.
In other breaking news, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

Yes, we know NA engines sound better than turbo ones.
Appreciate 3
      09-18-2020, 03:49 PM   #38
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the leads, all!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 04:46 PM   #39
UGADawgFan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GT3, B9 S4, E92 M3, G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
In other breaking news, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

Yes, we know NA engines sound better than turbo ones.

lol not always. an old RB or 2JZ sounds epic. but either way totally off topic..sorry about that, was just trying to be funny
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      09-18-2020, 04:50 PM   #40
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
I have the same but was too cheap to paint it...

Car looks amazing with the bbs.

Appreciate 2
h_bakken148.50
Lienrocs701.00
      09-18-2020, 04:56 PM   #41
h_bakken
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Quote:
I have the same but was too cheap to paint it...

Car looks amazing with the bbs.
Yeah was getting ready to order, and when I hit the drop down for Acid Orange paint, price jumps $350 making me second guess painting it, but that little orange stripe really brings the room together IMO
Appreciate 1
FormulaMMM3662.50
      09-18-2020, 05:17 PM   #42
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Yeah was getting ready to order, and when I hit the drop down for Acid Orange paint, price jumps $350 making me second guess painting it, but that little orange stripe really brings the room together IMO
Agree. Wish i wouldn't have cheaped out.

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 05:55 PM   #43
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

You need the acid orange! Going without it is like a stripper forgetting to put on lipstick

Ok maybe not the best analogy...
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      09-19-2020, 12:33 AM   #44
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGADawgFan View Post
I know I don't belong here and only with mere mortals but I don't think an equal length midpipe would hurt performance since it's a straight through design (mine is not resonated), so I think you can still make Pcar-ish sounds (at around 1:20, I was running out of road and didn't hit redline):

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 1
h_bakken148.50