ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

05-22-2023, 03:20 AM   #1
WarMachineM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Can anyone show me how to do this? Not looking to replace the whole axle as recommended by BMW. It seems like from researching certain threads, that this mod and placing a plastic strap underneath the axle boot and clamp helps relieve pressure build up. Heard this being used on several M4 race cars and has been successful. My boot doesn't seem to be leaking, but certainly is shooting out grease on the heatshield and muffler piping (lining up with the end of the boot at the clamp (diff side).
I was thinking of placing pin holes at the folds, not sure which folds, inner or outer, using a grease gun needle and injecting grease as well. Wdyt?

Somone also mentioned that the clamps are tightened enough from the factory and was able to tighten it more! I bought the tool he used, but I'm inexperienced and don't want to try it myself. It seems tight and not sure how much more I can force this clamp to tighten more. Not sure if replacing a similar sized clamp would help fix the issue but would need to make sure I find a universal clamp that can withstand the test of time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0