GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-04-2023, 08:42 PM   #199
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Thanks!!! It's been a while since I paid Robert a visit. I go to Chris @ West End now that he is permanently based in HB (close to me)
Yep, Rob's great. He has an apprentice now who actually did my alignment after my motor swap StudioRSR since we had to install a new steering rack from the carnage that blew out of the motor. He did a good job. Same methodology.
      06-04-2023, 11:01 PM   #200
F80RN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f80 m3/2016 x3

Quote:
Can someone share with me their rear alignment settings (e.g., negative camber and toe)?

I am likely going to re-do my rear alignment for higher blend logs. E30 logging has been signed off by Ian today so we are moving on up to E50.

Right now, I am running -2.5 of negative camber square. This isn't ideal for high power but feels great in the corners lol

I am thinking maybe dropping down to -1.8 camber in the rear and maybe do -2.2 up front.

What do you guys run that works?
I’m not sure if it helps you or not, but on my Advan Neovas 305/30/19 with -2.2 camber the traction is good at 4th up. I’m sure low torque wouldn’t be a problem…or with stickier tires. Third gear pulls my tires break loose around 3500 lol

Ian warned me of this when we switched up to the E50 logs
Appreciate 1
hellokitty2895.50
      06-04-2023, 11:39 PM   #201
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80RN View Post
I’m not sure if it helps you or not, but on my Advan Neovas 305/30/19 with -2.2 camber the traction is good at 4th up. I’m sure low torque wouldn’t be a problem…or with stickier tires. Third gear pulls my tires break loose around 3500 lol

Ian warned me of this when we switched up to the E50 logs
Yes this is super helpful. He also gave me the same warning. What tire pressures do you run?

I am thinking of dropping down to 28 psi cold on my 305 Nankang CRS and wait for temps to rise a bit before I do E50 logs. When my tire temps hit 90-95, traction is pretty great. Its been hard to get it to these temps as of late due to the cool streak we have.

I've been doing pulls at 30 psi cold with success at E30 as I haven't broken loose. Now I am thinking I can go down even more as we move up the E85 scale to add some stability.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 12:20 AM   #202
F80RN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes this is super helpful. He also gave me the same warning. What tire pressures do you run?

I am thinking of dropping down to 28 psi cold on my 305 Nankang CRS and wait for temps to rise a bit before I do E50 logs. When my tire temps hit 90-95, traction is pretty great. Its been hard to get it to these temps as of late due to the cool streak we have.

I've been doing pulls at 30 psi cold with success at E30 as I haven't broken loose. Now I am thinking I can go down even more as we move up the E85 scale to add some stability.
Usually 30-32psi. I haven’t really thought of dropping pressures since it’s been both cool here and I’m not a typically aggressive driver anyway. The pulls are new territory to me in both speed and aggression lol
Appreciate 1
hellokitty2895.50
      06-05-2023, 12:41 AM   #203
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:

I really want some Nankangs but they’re just too wide on the 20” size for my car. What diameter wheel are you on? You might get close to the fenders if you drop the negativity on the camber too much since they have a wider tread width vs most 305W tires.
      06-05-2023, 12:43 AM   #204
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Usually 30-32psi. I haven’t really thought of dropping pressures since it’s been both cool here and I’m not a typically aggressive driver anyway. The pulls are new territory to me in both speed and aggression lol
I’ve ran 32, 30 and I’m going to give 28 a try tomorrow.

32 made things way too sketchy with my aggressive rear camber.

30 is a nice daily middle ground. Adds to the overall comfort of the car too.

28… well TBD. This is what R compound told me to run on the CRS. I was hesitant to go down this low as a daily pressure, but I’ll give it a shot tomorrow on the way to the office.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 12:46 AM   #205
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughter.mode View Post
I really want some Nankangs but they’re just too wide on the 20” size for my car. What diameter wheel are you on? You might get close to the fenders if you drop the negativity on the camber too much since they have a wider tread width vs most 305W tires.
Yeah they run very wide. I’m running 305/30/19.

Chris @ West End said he can make it work to clear the fender since I have a full SPL rear end and he can shift things around to clear the fender. The only thing I would just need to remove the rear camber lockout kit and go back to the stock eccentric bolt for this to all work out.

Appreciate 1
      06-05-2023, 01:43 AM   #206
m5_mbb7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5CS, M5C, M2C

Quote:

I will say in my experience the RE71RS has much better cold grip than the CRS (I have run both in similar configurations) so you can give that a try. Personally the best grip I have gotten on the street is with 295 PS4S at 35PSI (it’s hard to fit wider on m2 chassis even with full spl). On turbos + eu5 + lift kit I don’t spin outside of second gear on full e85 after even just a couple minutes of driving to heat up the tires. Making high 600s - low 700s whp. I think it’s Bend’s excellent torque delivery because the car is plenty torquey at the top end. When I was stock turbo e60 I didn’t spin much either IIRC. I think PS4S are the best street tire because they’re so easy to use; sure you get better grip with a slick or a DOT competition tire but only once they’re hotter than you’re gonna get them on the street typically.

One caveat is my car only gets full boost at 4500rpm (I suspect my pure stage 2 HFs are defective) so you guys are getting torque at a much lower rpm and speed than me.
Appreciate 1
F308627.50
      06-05-2023, 01:55 AM   #207
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5_mbb7 View Post
I will say in my experience the RE71RS has much better cold grip than the CRS (I have run both in similar configurations) so you can give that a try. Personally the best grip I have gotten on the street is with 295 PS4S at 35PSI (it’s hard to fit wider on m2 chassis even with full spl). On turbos + eu5 + lift kit I don’t spin outside of second gear on full e85 after even just a couple minutes of driving to heat up the tires. Making high 600s - low 700s whp. I think it’s Bend’s excellent torque delivery because the car is plenty torquey at the top end. When I was stock turbo e60 I didn’t spin much either IIRC. I think PS4S are the best street tire because they’re so easy to use; sure you get better grip with a slick or a DOT competition tire but only once they’re hotter than you’re gonna get them on the street typically.

One caveat is my car only gets full boost at 4500rpm (I suspect my pure stage 2 HFs are defective) so you guys are getting torque at a much lower rpm and speed than me.
Thanks for sharing!

Too bad the RE71RS doesn’t come in a 295 or 305 19”. I would love to try a set if they made those sizes.

I had pretty bad luck with PS4S. It’s a great tire but I constantly broke loose with PS4S and even Cup 2 (240).

I might just say screw it all and run a R888R next if the CRS doesn’t hook at 28 psi cold.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 04:11 AM   #208
m5_mbb7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for sharing!

Too bad the RE71RS doesn’t come in a 295 or 305 19”. I would love to try a set if they made those sizes.

I had pretty bad luck with PS4S. It’s a great tire but I constantly broke loose with PS4S and even Cup 2 (240).

I might just say screw it all and run a R888R next if the CRS doesn’t hook at 28 psi cold.

I’ve found that all DOT/competition tires have quite crummy performance on the street; imo price to performance isn’t there unless you have a way to consistently heat them up to 100+ degrees (I don’t save for doing a burnout or rolling burnout). What size and pressure were you running on the PS4S? Was it a recent date code if you remember? The Conti ECS2 also grip pretty comparably at street-normal temps but I haven’t tried it on the M, only on the corvette with less power.

On track for the CRS I targeted 29 hot PSI so going lower than 30 cold should give you more grip. It likes lower pressures. Unfortunately this results in extra camber wear though.
Appreciate 1
hellokitty2895.50
      06-05-2023, 08:57 AM   #209
aa2033
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

I got a used BM3 license and BM3 Flex fuel kit. I'm going to go with Ian to tune me through BM3 instead of switch to ECUTek, at least for now. I agree with you guys on for my needs and use, BM3 just makes more sense. I appreciate the advice.

I'll keep an eye out for a Bend fuel filter kit used, or just get one new if i can't find one. E85 in my area is usually pretty high quality so I'm not overly concerned running without one for a little bit, especially since I only drive the car once a week. I'll be running e50 for a few tanks, and then a full tank of 93 to clean it out.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2023, 10:22 AM   #210
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’ve found that all DOT/competition tires have quite crummy performance on the street; imo price to performance isn’t there unless you have a way to consistently heat them up to 100+ degrees (I don’t save for doing a burnout or rolling burnout). What size and pressure were you running on the PS4S? Was it a recent date code if you remember? The Conti ECS2 also grip pretty comparably at street-normal temps but I haven’t tried it on the M, only on the corvette with less power.

On track for the CRS I targeted 29 hot PSI so going lower than 30 cold should give you more grip. It likes lower pressures. Unfortunately this results in extra camber wear though.
I ran 32 psi on PS4S.

The last time I ran PS4S was likely around 2019-2020. Definitely not recently.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 12:46 AM   #211
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I tried 28 psi cold today. Was only able to get the tire up to about 85 degrees due to the cooler weather resulting in 29 psi hot.

I didn’t do any WOT pulls but it feels much better overall. It added a ton of comfort for street driving and the slight pulls I did on E45 felt like the tires dig into the pavement on the initial torque hit.

The guys at R comp told me I should consider the Nitto NT555R2 after the CRS.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 05:03 AM   #212
m5_mbb7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I tried 28 psi cold today. Was only able to get the tire up to about 85 degrees due to the cooler weather resulting in 29 psi hot.

I didn’t do any WOT pulls but it feels much better overall. It added a ton of comfort for street driving and the slight pulls I did on E45 felt like the tires dig into the pavement on the initial torque hit.

The guys at R comp told me I should consider the Nitto NT555R2 after the CRS.
I like R Comp but their recommendations have never really made sense to me on track; I feel like they don’t have too much experience actually driving these different tires and just repeat what the manufacturers recommended. That being said they’re nice guys and it’s awesome having performance tires in stock in the LA area.

I highly recommend the RE71RS (I got mine from them) because it trips up literally amazingly even on an out lap with no warm up. If you read tests at grassrootsmotorsports they say that their best times were on the first lap out. For the street this would be ideal so you don’t need to do high speed passes or spin the rear tires to warm up. Never used the NT555R2 but if they’re recommending, I’m sure it’s good.

Also a note on Robert, I went to him once on the advice of a close friend and he made a mistake that could have costed me my life when I went on an ACH cruise; granted this was full SPL and there are a lot of extra stuff that can be messed up, but if this happened on track it would certainly have had a worse outcome for me. YMMV for him though he was very nice about it and I’m sure he hopefully double and triple checks to make sure something like this won’t happen again but I don’t go there anymore.
Appreciate 1
hellokitty2895.50
      06-06-2023, 10:18 AM   #213
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I like R Comp but their recommendations have never really made sense to me on track; I feel like they don’t have too much experience actually driving these different tires and just repeat what the manufacturers recommended. That being said they’re nice guys and it’s awesome having performance tires in stock in the LA area.

I highly recommend the RE71RS (I got mine from them) because it trips up literally amazingly even on an out lap with no warm up. If you read tests at grassrootsmotorsports they say that their best times were on the first lap out. For the street this would be ideal so you don’t need to do high speed passes or spin the rear tires to warm up. Never used the NT555R2 but if they’re recommending, I’m sure it’s good.

Also a note on Robert, I went to him once on the advice of a close friend and he made a mistake that could have costed me my life when I went on an ACH cruise; granted this was full SPL and there are a lot of extra stuff that can be messed up, but if this happened on track it would certainly have had a worse outcome for me. YMMV for him though he was very nice about it and I’m sure he hopefully double and triple checks to make sure something like this won’t happen again but I don’t go there anymore.
Thanks for the recommendation! I am just concerned with dropping down from a 305 to a 285 (since it is the largest size available for 19") even though its a RE71RS. I feel the benefit of the RE71 would be overshadowed by the smaller tire.

I had a similar experience with SPL arms. Not everything was tightened down to spec on the initial installation. You have to go through every nut and bolt systematically and make sure everything is tight after installation and alignment.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 11:08 AM   #214
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Just as an update:

I added some more E85 to get up to E45 now. I wanted to see if my cold start idle problem persisted since this is where BM3 caused me issues before.

Happy to report that on ECUTEK, she fired up completely cold this morning with NO COLD START IDLE ISSUES

Appreciate 1
      06-06-2023, 11:54 AM   #215
F80RN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just as an update:

I added some more E85 to get up to E45 now. I wanted to see if my cold start idle problem persisted since this is where BM3 caused me issues before.

Happy to report that on ECUTEK, she fired up completely cold this morning with NO COLD START IDLE ISSUES
Pardon me as I’m on a case of vacationitis and thereby, not wanting to read back lol

Were you OTS or custom tune with the cold start idle issues?

When I had BM3 + OTS Stage 2 flex fuel, my car would randomly die on me when waiting to leave the parking garage after work. However it was very sporadic; some days it would happen then a week or two would pass and it wouldn’t happen.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 12:30 PM   #216
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Pardon me as I’m on a case of vacationitis and thereby, not wanting to read back lol

Were you OTS or custom tune with the cold start idle issues?

When I had BM3 + OTS Stage 2 flex fuel, my car would randomly die on me when waiting to leave the parking garage after work. However it was very sporadic; some days it would happen then a week or two would pass and it wouldn’t happen.
I tried every map (OTS Stage 1, OTS Stage 2 and Cary Jordan Stage 2 Custom). All had the same issue. I even tried to resolve it with Cary thinking he could make changes to the tune to help with the cold start problem. He did make changes but it didn't resolve the issue.

Once I made the switch (out of frustration) to MHD OTS Flex Fuel Maps, it resolved completely.

Since then, I've moved to ECUTEK + Bend Calibration and the issue never came back.

Since I've tried every possible combination, I think it is a fundamental issue with BM3 Flex Fuel rather than the BM3 maps.

slaughter.mode did say that if you set everything to "Original" in BM3 (must be done and flashed via WebApp, not iOS app), it seems to have fixed it for him. However his practice did not work for me (Original settings made no difference at all for me).

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 06:22 PM   #217
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Oh boy, lots of hard comments here

Link to this thread was sent to us asking for clarification on some comments and feedback by a few forum members so we'll try keep this as short as possible.

- BM3 has had EU5 support for years. There are no known inherent issues and if there are any our support is here to review logs and offer insight and help with anything required

- ALL tables required for tuning EU5 injectors correctly are present in our map editor along with an easy toggle in the map configuration screen. Our own 2019 M4CS shop dev car has run them for years, still is and we exclusively run on Ignite Red which is 90% ethanol. This car now has a built motor, transmission, single turbo conversion running a G42-1200 turbo.

- If anyone's had some issues on EU5 injectors our tech support would like to know about it and resolve it with you by reviewing a log showing the issue at hand. There are countless BM3 tuned S55 cars running on ethanol and EU5 injectors over the years and this is the first time we hear of anyone having an issue, let alone a lack of tables to 'properly' tune EU5 injectors on an S55

- As for the comments on tables and their availability to tuners when using BM3. BM3 has more OEM tables exposed in its map editor, on every software version/vehicle supported, than any other. CustomROM S55 support has close to 6000 tables exposed (attached pic for reference)

- Map editor is the most advanced, with features such as cross rom importing, version history and imports at file and table level, flashing and logging from editor, and unique support for something called related tables that help advanced tuners during new table discovery understand functional table relationships while tuning.Editor is free for anyone with tuning knowledge and each and every person willing to access the editor and use it goes through an approval process through tech support where examples of their tuning and other platforms used in the past are discussed before being provided access.

- Recent release added support for full offline mode tuning where advanced tuners can use external map editors as well for tuning and for their customers to flash entirely in offline mode without ever sending maps through the cloud. This long time coming request by some tuners out there has finally been made possible via the new bm3 V2 app.

- Tuning for power, especially on your basic boltons, with any octane, is something that's been done countless times over the years with multiple records during that time.

- BM3 does not require adding an additional OBD port in the car. You simply use your existing OBD port and run ENET/FlexRay connectivity that is faster and has higher throughput than mentioned additional OBD port being added when it comes to flashing as well as datalogging. With our new WiFi adapter, connectivity is now easier and faster than ever.

- BM3 has the largest number of data channels exposed (across internal DID and RAM variables). In addition, it also has a higher overall throughput ability with 70+ channels loggable concurrently at 20 samples/sec with automatic cloud uploads removing the need for dealing with CSV files, attachments and emails with tuners cutting down time tremendously while tuning. Keep in mind, we are/were tuners in our past lives and we know how much time this costs in the long run for everyone involved and why it was built from the getgo back in 2016.

- Our current bootmod3.net website is slated to be replaced on laptop/desktops for macos/windows by the new bm3 app v2 interface that already runs on iOS and Android in the next few releases as we work to port it over. This will make the user experience equal across all devices where bootmod3 is used.

There's a great deal of new features coming down the pipeline for BM3 CustomROM V2 release this year, some of which are already in testing across multiple platforms as this is written including the S55 and our M4CS mentioned above.

If any questions at all we'd be glad to respond and clarify. Picture attached of the BM3 editor showing CustomROM table count for just this one software version.
Attached Images

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 06-06-2023 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 3
      06-06-2023, 07:33 PM   #218
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Our own 2019 M4CS shop dev car has run them for years, still is and we exclusively run on Ignite Red which is 90% ethanol. This car now has a built motor, transmission, single turbo conversion running a G42-1200 turbo.
Forget the rest, more info on your M4CS beast. I need inspiration
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2023, 09:18 AM   #219
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:

Link to this thread was sent to us asking for clarification on some comments and feedback by a few forum members so we'll try keep this as short as possible.

- BM3 has had EU5 support for years. There are no known inherent issues and if there are any our support is here to review logs and offer insight and help with anything required

- ALL tables required for tuning EU5 injectors correctly are present in our map editor along with an easy toggle in the map configuration screen. Our own 2019 M4CS shop dev car has run them for years, still is and we exclusively run on Ignite Red which is 90% ethanol. This car now has a built motor, transmission, single turbo conversion running a G42-1200 turbo.

- If anyone's had some issues on EU5 injectors our tech support would like to know about it and resolve it with you by reviewing a log showing the issue at hand. There are countless BM3 tuned S55 cars running on ethanol and EU5 injectors over the years and this is the first time we hear of anyone having an issue, let alone a lack of tables to 'properly' tune EU5 injectors on an S55

- As for the comments on tables and their availability to tuners when using BM3. BM3 has more OEM tables exposed in its map editor, on every software version/vehicle supported, than any other. CustomROM S55 support has close to 6000 tables exposed (attached pic for reference)

- Map editor is the most advanced, with features such as cross rom importing, version history and imports at file and table level, flashing and logging from editor, and unique support for something called related tables that help advanced tuners during new table discovery understand functional table relationships while tuning.Editor is free for anyone with tuning knowledge and each and every person willing to access the editor and use it goes through an approval process through tech support where examples of their tuning and other platforms used in the past are discussed before being provided access.

- Recent release added support for full offline mode tuning where advanced tuners can use external map editors as well for tuning and for their customers to flash entirely in offline mode without ever sending maps through the cloud. This long time coming request by some tuners out there has finally been made possible via the new bm3 V2 app.

- Tuning for power, especially on your basic boltons, with any octane, is something that's been done countless times over the years with multiple records during that time.

- BM3 does not require adding an additional OBD port in the car. You simply use your existing OBD port and run ENET/FlexRay connectivity that is faster and has higher throughput than mentioned additional OBD port being added when it comes to flashing as well as datalogging. With our new WiFi adapter, connectivity is now easier and faster than ever.

- BM3 has the largest number of data channels exposed (across internal DID and RAM variables). In addition, it also has a higher overall throughput ability with 70+ channels loggable concurrently at 20 samples/sec with automatic cloud uploads removing the need for dealing with CSV files, attachments and emails with tuners cutting down time tremendously while tuning. Keep in mind, we are/were tuners in our past lives and we know how much time this costs in the long run for everyone involved and why it was built from the getgo back in 2016.

- Our current bootmod3.net website is slated to be replaced on laptop/desktops for macos/windows by the new bm3 app v2 interface that already runs on iOS and Android in the next few releases as we work to port it over. This will make the user experience equal across all devices where bootmod3 is used.

There's a great deal of new features coming down the pipeline for BM3 CustomROM V2 release this year, some of which are already in testing across multiple platforms as this is written including the S55 and our M4CS mentioned above.

If any questions at all we'd be glad to respond and clarify. Picture attached of the BM3 editor showing CustomROM table count for just this one software version.
Definitely no doubt in the platform capabilities or high end tuners such as Bend Calibration wouldn't even touch it.

One thing that would be really nice though is to prioritize the known bugs over new features.

#1 bug-There's a lack of consistency between the Windows/Browser configuration options and iOS (with custom tunes). My custom tune wasn't working until I flashed from my Windows machine because the iOS version of BM3 didn't have the 'original' setting available where Windows/Browser did. Now my car runs great. Only realized it after wasting a few days of back and forth with my tuner to finally realize the gap in consistency.

#2 Bug-The fact we can't read DTC codes from BM3 iOS right now is pretty annoying. I also have noticed a strange shadow code being reported in BM3 when I actually can get it to read codes that doesn't exist anywhere else. Assuming it's all part of the issue with reading codes to begin with.

#3 Bug-Not BM3 but the latest WiFi adapter of yours causes battery drain issues with all F series vehicles I hear. That's really unfortunate. When will there be a firmware update for that.

#4 Bug-Windows Agent seems to crash midway through flashing but flashing usually succeeds. This is just scary and perhaps a visual bug but the fact it freezes and I have to go to the Task Manager to force quit it after every single flash is just annoying and sketchy.

Last thing that would be great would be having the ability to run in offline mode with at least a 1 day or 1 week session lifetime. I have a dedicated phone with no cellular that I use for flashing/monitoring/logging and the fact I have to get it online just to launch BM3 and get it to sign in is less than ideal. Yes I can launch it while on WiFi and before I head out to drive but more times than not the auto-logging doesn't work properly without a freshly launched session. It also seems to take a long time to even get past the 'start' button if you're on a slower connection (i.e. tethered to my main phone).

Either way I love BM3 all the way, enough to throw away 2 $$$ tunes just to get back onto it. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by slaughter.mode; 06-08-2023 at 07:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
hellokitty2895.50
      06-07-2023, 10:07 AM   #220
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

My only comment here is to second what slaughter.mode said about prioritizing bug fixes.

I don't like posting negative feedback, but PTF's support team leaves much to be desired.

For example, when tuning my Mini GP3 on BM3, the OTS maps would not allow the car to move out of 1st gear and beyond 2,000 RPM even at full throttle. I requested a support ticket and Serge and Halim chimed in asking for logs, which I provided. The logs didn't reveal much because the car wouldn't accelerate (it just rolls forward with the auto). However, NOTHING was ever done to resolve the issue. The support team just gave up because data logs just shows the car rolling and the bug remains there. Once I received the map from Cary Jordan, all was fine aside from 1 bug that caused the transmission to jerk when going into reverse. Cary with your guys' help found the table needed to resolve it.

It seems like the support team can push tickets forward from tuners but can't resolve issues from end users in the same manner and consistency.

Appreciate 1