R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

09-21-2022, 06:35 PM   #683
rumzh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

vs. Permormante from 50ish, and their was an 650rwhp (from what he says) CTS-V on the other side

I have "fbo" running BM3 Stage 2 OTS flex tune and had ~e50 at the time

Will run him on full e85 soon, then upgrading turbos

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RgaRZrPDjB4
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 02:04 AM   #684
BGut12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by justm3f80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironviet View Post
I agree this car is a magnet for people trying to measure up. They either want to see how they compare or they think they will win. Right now here is what's been revving.
1) Mustangs GT350 and 5.0
2) Kia Stingers
3) Dodge Chargers/Challengers all models
I rarely engage with my kids in the car or if there is a lot of traffic.

My wife however, is always telling me how she raced and gets walked. I always ask why but then what she's trying to race. GT3 GT2 Porches and some Lambos. She's way too funny
Literally everything on 4 wheels. Here's a catalogue of this who "won" and ultimate losers.
On my first road trip with the M3 from Edmonton to Vancouver
1. Chrysler 300 2006 -2007 ish models driven by skinny vaping yo yo with a bunch of girls in the back. This idiot stopped 2 lanes of highway and puts his hazard lights and waves me to pull up next to him. I didn't indulge and had to stop 3 car lengths behind. Anyway turns out 250 meters down the road there's a massive RCMP traffic police project. Just my luck they were on the other side of the highway I could not signal them.
2. Another Chrysler 300 same vintage year, this time with massive rims and driven by an old dude. Tailgates me the for 3kms till I pulled into a gas station. He "waited" for me at the next exit and did a flyby then flashed hazards - yay another winner

3. Honda pilot driven by a soccer mom. Didn't like the sound of my open valves. Sat on my tail for 1Km and then overtook over a double line and proceeded to brake check me then took off and flipped me off. Reason unknown

4. This one was hilarious.. Guy in a Chevy Volt .. seriously.. Cuts me off in a construction zone just to get in front of me. Mind you the lane he has in was completely empty. I was having a bad day so this time I retaliated. I took the lane he left after the construction zone and sat there pacing the car that was to my right, effectively trapping the volt guy there for 2-4 kms. There was no one behind me so I sat on the fast lane. Eventually the driver I was pacing on the right started giving a larger gap and the volt driver thought he would get a chance. I dropped it to 3rd and he became tiny in seconds. He didn't bother me the rest of the way.

5. Lifted trucks ( there's are notorious for straight up reckless driving and egging) one dangerously came flying by and swerved into my lane at the last minute there was was no car behind me and I was doing the limit. it was Friday I have worked with police on traffic projects so I know we'll enough which days and locations to be behaved. This idiot could have easily and safely used the very long exit runway but.. as expected cut me of closely. Seriously this car attracts the scum of the road. I had my wife in the car with me.

6. RAM 1500 who came flying behind me in a school zone. He got up close to by rear bumper. Reason unknown. I was doing the limit valves closed and did nothing to provoke. He got nabbed by a biker cop who saw the whole thing. Gave the cop thumbs up and he gave a nod of acknowledgement!

7. Honda's.. I won't even name how many. Loud ones, beat up one's ( which I steer clear of )

8. BMW 330is... if I had a dollar for each that follows too close or tries to race.

9. Mercs C & E class numerous times, same MO follow to close, overtake aggressive and cut off then drive off. Works are the CLA

10. Last one is my neighbor, he drives an infiniti Came up fast and I mean fast and started tailgating me on a side residential road at night with his high beams on. When I pulled over at my driveway is when I realized he is my next door neighbor!!. Needless to say I do not say hi or hello to this guy anymore. He clearly has issues because he knows it's my car he was following that closely and that too in tight residential streets. I was driving normally no noise or spirited driving.so I dunno what triggered this guy.

Full disclosure, I do not drive like a douche. There are a few F80s where I live so it would be very easy to get tagged and called in, I have also worked with police on traffic enforcement and I am very aware of the consequences all financial, criminal and life/death. So I am a nanny driver on the road, I do the posted limits and my advice is to ignore the crazy drivers out there. In the very very rare case that I go John wick on the throttle on a public road it's followed by deep regret.

My friend has a 911 GT3 and it's his daily, and has fewer of these and he rarely gets egged on. I drove his car for a couple of weeks and while people will stare at the his car I never once got any of the crazy stuff that I get in the ///M .

I'm curious is this an M3 thing???
i don't get cut off a lot but other than that yea it's an M3 thing.. get a lot of base model BMW's, Mercs, lifted trucks trying to coal me or keep up with me on the highway.. most of the time i'm chilling and cruising in eco but when they start tailing me like that, i put it in my M2 and just start cutting up in traffic. doesn't take much for them to relax and understand what they're up against tbh. the funniest guys are the ones that drive their new altimas, nissan rogue suv-type cars that have the typical one hand on the steering wheel and shoulders and neck puffed up like they're the hottest thing on the road, get a laugh out of it every time.
      09-22-2022, 04:01 PM   #685
andres_f82
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
1984 BMW 318i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Ran my bud's 16 mustang gt Mt, I have a 18 dct. We ran twice when he was fbo last year and I was stock. Bearly pulled on him. I got downpipes and bm3 stage 2 and he went procharged. I beat him again and he's looking into getting an M3 now.
Appreciate 2
M2RAW120.00
      11-03-2022, 08:03 AM   #686
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumzh View Post
vs. Permormante from 50ish, and their was an 650rwhp (from what he says) CTS-V on the other side

I have "fbo" running BM3 Stage 2 OTS flex tune and had ~e50 at the time

Will run him on full e85 soon, then upgrading turbos

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RgaRZrPDjB4
You raced a huracan performante?
That must’ve been great!
What a treat!

Edit: watched vid… I think you did ok, considering.
It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I bet he was kinda pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJazz View Post
You have no sense of context or a sense of humor. All bent out of shape for what? There is nothing on the road that touches the Model 3 Performance at it's price point. A Tesla makes more sense for my current commute so I bought one instead of the G80 M3. Calling people an idiot because you don't like Tesla's is also weak and childish. For the record, I have always loved M3's from the E30's to the current G80. The guy who tried to race me was really cool and we both gave each other a thumbs up. I was hoping he was a member of this forum but I knew that was a long shot. I'll post anywhere I want at anytime. If that makes you all ruffled then fantastic.
I raced a p85 in my 340i back during the first month of having it. Had my whole family in the car and it was really dumb. I actually kept up with him very well until about 80 mph and all of a sudden it was like a rocket launch… I literally could barely see the guy 5 seconds later he was so far ahead. I don’t think it would have made much difference had I had no one in the car. I also wanted to stop because it was a bad idea with my family and they were getting scared.

But yea it hurt.
I didn’t realize just how fast they are. There’s no contest. Racing a Tesla is guaranteed bad times if you are holding out any hope of winning. Only way you’ll win is if they crash lol.

I can’t take it away from them, Tesla is the speed king.
I still don’t want one, cause I like sound.
But they are definitely cool.

If I had room for 4 cars, maybe.
Gotta admit I do want a cyber truck though.
I may get one, if I can get an allocation or an order placed in a year or two.

Last edited by DO444; 11-03-2022 at 08:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 08:21 AM   #687
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
News reporters are so lame. 100mph isn't even that fast. I love it when they say "…up to 90mph!" during other "high speed" pursuits. Um…half the cars are going 85 at night anyway. The difference between 85 and 90 or even 100 isn't that much. 130… that's a lot.
I did 150 in my uncle’s Saab with nitrous and I thought I would never see another sunrise. The road just doesn’t seem the same. Those parts you know so well, the twists and turns, they come and go so fast… my brain couldn’t process it.

I didn’t say anything, but I sure was glad when he was like, ok that’s it I’m runnin low on nitrous.

“Aw damn, well that was wicked. Thanks!”

Reality was like thank you Jesus for letting me live.
Appreciate 3
jmg18493.00
Vegetable794.00
BzsBimmer3238.00
      11-03-2022, 12:41 PM   #688
TractionControlDelete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82-E92 M3-E46 M3-E30-S1K-330i

Garage List
2004 X5  [9.00]
2006 325i  [10.00]
2021 S1000RR  [9.50]
2006 330i  [7.75]
1986 325e  [10.00]
2005 M3  [7.40]
2009 M3  [8.63]
2018 M4  [10.00]
Toyota Camry was racing me today. But I wasn't racing the Toyota. I just needed to get to the airport parking lot in time to catch the early shuttle

https://youtube.com/@tractioncontroldelete
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      11-04-2022, 03:03 AM   #689
fivaxis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 competition, 2010 M3

I’ve raced Teslas a few times now and the model three performance will definitely take me from a stop. From a roll, I can barely pull on one. The dual motor one is no problem. The model S drivers never race.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 10:34 AM   #690
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivaxis View Post
I've raced Teslas a few times now and the model three performance will definitely take me from a stop. From a roll, I can barely pull on one. The dual motor one is no problem. The model S drivers never race.
I get a ton of model 3s trying to race. Thing is they give me zero heads up. They just floor it on green and probably go brag on tesla forums about owning a M4. I just mind my own business on the street.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2022, 07:54 PM   #691
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
I get a ton of model 3s trying to race. Thing is they give me zero heads up. They just floor it on green and probably go brag on tesla forums about owning a M4. I just mind my own business on the street.
rwd launch has to be really on point to have a shot a taking a model 3P from a dig, especially if it’s cold out or damp.

They don’t have much of a top end though (at least mine didn’t) compared to a similarly powered gas car
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2022, 08:04 AM   #692
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Quote:
rwd launch has to be really on point to have a shot a taking a model 3P from a dig, especially if it’s cold out or damp.

They don’t have much of a top end though (at least mine didn’t) compared to a similarly powered gas car
Well any reasonable powered 4wd is a challenge on the traction end. A 440 xdrive will probably win too. At least if I got into launch mode id be spooled.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 08:46 AM   #693
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Quote:

Yeah. I don't care if your ready or not. From a dig, and F car is not staying with the Tesla. Especially on the street
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 10:11 PM   #694
MrFrosty's
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

2nd Gen (~2000-2007) GMC Yukon Chevy Suburban. Rolled his window down and told me I had a fast car but his whip was a "big body" and had a 4WD Turbo and could roll with anybody. Broken tail light added 50 horse.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 11:50 PM   #695
woosahh
Private
Rep
Drives: f82

Q60 Redsport AWD, most likely tuned.

Raced him off the line, he got me but I creeped back. I only have GTS tune. Also, I have the boost reduction for 1st , 2nd and 3rd gears on as well, that might be another factor.

Guy wanted to race me so bad, he had confident
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 12:09 AM   #696
elinstylez
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

I've had a bunch of Model 3 P try to race me. They hit the brakes as soon as I start reeling them in. One time the guy was behind me and I made sure to block him until my wheels had traction before gunning it lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 02:39 AM   #697
JasonJasoff
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Guy and his girl, in their white tesla model 3, drove past me (F80 M3) a bit on a 35mph road. They rolled back to match door to door for like 1 second, then proceded to George Jetson off to around 60? They never even looked at me and also didn't notice the cop behind us either apparently lol.
Appreciate 2
BzsBimmer3238.00
NickyC17352.00
      08-07-2023, 09:56 AM   #698
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJasoff View Post
Guy and his girl, in their white tesla model 3, drove past me (F80 M3) a bit on a 35mph road. They rolled back to match door to door for like 1 second, then proceded to George Jetson off to around 60? They never even looked at me and also didn't notice the cop behind us either apparently lol.
LoL!!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 06:27 PM   #699
M3ZCPNYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

I drive my car like a turtle, I like turtles
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 06:29 PM   #700
M3ZCPNYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
I am a hater of anything modern i admit so yes EV's are cancer for actual driving.

Sure they are fantastic appliances, but i could care less how fast they can go.

More importantly can they make noise? Can they slide? How fast can they go around a super technical circuit? Will little kids point and go omg that's so cool?

Let's face it if your kid is pointing and saying omg sick Tesla, Hes got bad taste and is objectively a nerd.

Dinosaur powerrrrrr > energizer bunny powerrrrr
Soon they will be the cause of a lot of cancer. Those things are human microwaves
Appreciate 1
The_Werm212.00
      08-07-2023, 06:48 PM   #701
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZCPNYC View Post
Soon they will be the cause of a lot of cancer. Those things are human microwaves
If that were true I doubt it would effect EV sales. It a cult membership, not a reasoned decision.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 09:28 AM   #702
djsircrks
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Dodge Charger ScatPack...he did a fly by on the freeway as I was on the way home (late night cruising). I just got my M4 so I wanted to see how it stacked up. Scat seemed stock so I dropped into 3rd and returned the favor. He proceeded to follow me off the exit ramp to get a 40 roll....and that ladies and gentlemen was the first time I took someone to Gapplebees :P
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 11:35 AM   #703
WordOnRoad
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70/F80

It's almost always some duuusty Tesla or Infiniti.
IG: 475_f80
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 03:19 AM   #704
headstart101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG M4

Ran into a GT350 today. Not sure of the mods but he tried twice and got walked pretty bad, even gave him the hit the second time. My car is stock other than Bootmod3.
Appreciate 0