European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

01-26-2022, 06:40 PM   #1
Mikeymymo
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

New guy :)

What’s up everyone, my name is Mikey and I just picked up my first beamer, 2016 F80 M3, 86k miles.

Even though she’s got some miles, I’m pretty stoked considering it’s a dream car of mine. Hoping to get to know some of yall in here.

Some minor concerns: the typical crank hub stress. I’m in northern California near Sac and San Francisco. Does anyone know of any reputable shops in this area that does the crank hub? I called SV Bimmer and got a quote from them. I got one for SSR also. Is it even worth it? I’m wanting to do the usual bolt ons but I’m also using the car to commute, so most likely never gonna track it.

Since I’m new to the scene, are there any cars and coffees or meet ups that usually happen around here?

Thanks for any info and glad to meet you dudes 😁
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
bmwbrad22249.00
jmg18703.50
      01-26-2022, 10:42 PM   #2
trungnguyen28
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Not sure about NorCal but cheapest place to do it will be StudioRSR in Garden Grove, CA. it's about $2k for a VTT v2 crank hub with CBC. They have different crankhubs they can install- but that's the cheapest one.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 10:58 PM   #3
Ohm3god
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3

Welcome

I have some OEM Carbon Fiber Splitters

And RW Carbon CF trunk spoiler for sale if you’re interested.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 12:04 AM   #4
Mikeymymo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trungnguyen28 View Post
Not sure about NorCal but cheapest place to do it will be StudioRSR in Garden Grove, CA. it's about $2k for a VTT v2 crank hub with CBC. They have different crankhubs they can install- but that's the cheapest one.
I’ll look them up and maybe get a quote. I wasn’t looking for the cheapest just cause of how intense that job is. Plus, if I have to drive myself to SoCal I’ll probably make sure it’s with SSR lol thanks for the info though I appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 12:05 AM   #5
Mikeymymo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm3god View Post
Welcome

I have some OEM Carbon Fiber Splitters

And RW Carbon CF trunk spoiler for sale if you’re interested.
Oh? 👀 lol I’m definitely interested, just not sure how soon I’m able to move on them. You local to NorCal?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 12:19 AM   #6
Ohm3god
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeymymo View Post
Oh? 👀 lol I’m definitely interested, just not sure how soon I’m able to move on them. You local to NorCal?

I’m in Socal. I can ship as well. If you do want pics just PM me your number and I can text em over!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 08:25 AM   #7
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Yo, and welcome!

I too have a 2015 f80 with just a bit over 85k. Pretty much a copy of yours but with a sunroof (which I am FINE with).

As far as CH's install joints, I was quoted $3k from VTT which I believe is in Fremont area? Their spline lock CH solution is one of the more popular ones on the market, and they do quite a few installs there. I would also serach as I think a few threads down someone also asked a similar question for the Bay Area.

I assume you are planning to mod the car past stage 1? I am choosing NOT to at the moment sans a trans GTS flash, and suspention bits. If you don't plan to go past stock power, I would save the money for other mods, as from my extensive research, stock power cars have very low odds of spinning a hub. I also have not yet seen a need for more power as these cars are monsters. You might want to get used to the car before you go too nuts. I still have a hard time NOT peeling out from a stop sign....HAHA.

As far as C&C's, check out the Walnut Creek and NorCal meet threads here in this sub forum. They are pretty dead at the moment I am guessing mainly due to weather. These meets tend to BMW vcentric, but not exclusively.

There is also VALT Auto club. I attend many of their meets as it is a chill crowd, and the cars range from classics to moders supercars. The focus is car culture and community. Look them up on the webs or IG....

Congrats on the new ride, and make sure to keep us posted on mods....

josh

Last edited by spidy512; 01-27-2022 at 11:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 10:12 AM   #8
Schultz28
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Four B Auto right across the street from SV Bimmer. They have become my go-to shop over the last couple years. Brandon, the owner, really knows his shit.

I used to have Carbahn work on my car, then switched over to SV Bimmer, now just go to Four B Auto.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/four-b-auto...ce-santa-clara

https://www.instagram.com/fourbautoperformance/?hl=en
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 12:21 PM   #9
therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultz28 View Post
Four B Auto right across the street from SV Bimmer. They have become my go-to shop over the last couple years. Brandon, the owner, really knows his shit.

I used to have Carbahn work on my car, then switched over to SV Bimmer, now just go to Four B Auto.

Why'd you switch over to Four B from SV Bimmer?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 04:25 PM   #10
Schultz28
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkenc View Post
Why'd you switch over to Four B from SV Bimmer?
Actually met the owner Brandon about a year and a half ago at a local e85 station and talked quite a bit... Seems like he really knows his stuff, his F80 is one of the most modified around (so I know he's more than capable of anything I would have him do), his rates a slightly better, and overall he is just a great guy to deal with. Super fair and up front about things. Really good mechanic.

Nothing against SV, Dennis over there is awesome (installed my MaxPSI crank hub) and I wouldn't mind going back there if Four B ever closed shop.

Even Carbahn has been great, but their labor rates are a tough pill to swallow. I went there because they had what I would say is probably the best BMW mechanic there is (Wayne Boles, anybody that knows him would agree). He moved to Texas a couple years ago.... Anybody in the Dallax, TX area should take their car to him without hesitation.

Last edited by Schultz28; 01-27-2022 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2022, 04:56 PM   #11
Mikeymymo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
Yo, and welcome!

I too have a 2015 f80 with just a hait over 85k. Pretty much a copy of yours but with a sunroof (which I am FINE with).

As far as CH's install joints, I was quoted $3k from VTT which I believe is in Fremont area? Their spline lock CH solution is one of the more popular ones on the market, and they do quite a few installs there. I would also serach as I think a few threads down someone also asked a similar question for the Bay Area.

I assume you are planning to mod the car past stage 1? I am choosing NOT to at the moment sans a trans GTS flash, and suspention bits. If you don't plan to go past stock power, I would save the money for other mods, as from my extensive research, stock power cars have very low odds of spinning a hub. I also have not yet seen a need for more power as these cars are monsters. You might want to get used to the car before you go too nuts. I still have a hard time NOT peeling out from a stop sign....HAHA.

As far as C&C's, check out the Walnut Creek and NorCal meet threads here in this sub forum. They are pretty dead at the moment I am guessing mainly due to weather. These meets tend to BMW vcentric, but not exclusively.

There is also VALT Auto club. I attend many of their meets as it is a chill crowd, and the cars range from classics to moders supercars. The focus is car culture and community. Look them up on the webs or IG....

Congrats on the new ride, and make sure to keep us posted on mods....

josh
Thank you for the welcome! 😁

I do plan on doing a handful of stuff, possibly a little more than stage 1? But it’s gonna be a long steady build cause I’m using it for commuting/weekend fun. So don’t want to break anything too soon lol the crank hub would just be a preventive measure for the future. Was thinking it’d be better to get it done before I start adding any power mods just so it’s in there for tunes.

I’ll look up VALT and see what’s up with maybe trying to make it out. I’m know there’s a decent car scene around me so I’m hoping to drop into a beamer specific one soon.

Thank you for the congrats and I’ll be sure to keep up with any additions or questions! 😁 cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 04:57 PM   #12
Mikeymymo
Private
Rep

Quote:

Thank you for the info! I’ll look em up and give ‘em call
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 06:00 PM   #13
therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

Quote:
Actually met the owner Brandon about a year and a half ago at a local e85 station and talked quite a bit... Seems like he really knows his stuff, his F80 is one of the most modified around (so I know he's more than capable of anything I would have him do), his rates a slightly better, and overall he is just a great guy to deal with. Super fair and up front about things. Really good mechanic.

Nothing against SV, Dennis over there is awesome (installed my MaxPSI crank hub) and I wouldn't mind going back there if Four B ever closed shop.

Even Carbahn has been great, but their labor rates are a tough pill to swallow. I went there because they had what I would say is probably the best BMW mechanic there is (Wayne Boles, anybody that knows him would agree). He moved to Texas a couple years ago.... Anybody in the Dallax, TX area should take their car to him without hesitation.
Thanks for this thoughtful response! I'm gonna need some stuff done soon, and had considered going with SV Bimmer, so this is helpful. I'll reach out to Brandon.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 11:14 PM   #14
petar7408
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3

i got the same alpine white 2016 m3! its also my dream car lol.. Wanted another color but impossible to find, eventually will wrap it in laguna seca blue or something like that
Appreciate 1
spidy512493.00
      01-28-2022, 09:25 AM   #15
Crazy8.M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Can't go wrong with any of those shops mentioned in the San Jose area.

Depending on your exact location, worth checking out Lyfstyle Motors in Vacaville too.

https://lyfstylemotors.com/

If closer to Sac, HMB Motorwerks.

https://hmbmotorwerks.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 04:02 PM   #16
Mikeymymo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8.M3 View Post
Can't go wrong with any of those shops mentioned in the San Jose area.

Depending on your exact location, worth checking out Lyfstyle Motors in Vacaville too.

https://lyfstylemotors.com/

If closer to Sac, HMB Motorwerks.

https://hmbmotorwerks.com/
Those two are closer to me so I’ll for sure check em out. Thank you!
Appreciate 1
Crazy8.M3276.00