GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #221
rioUK
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW M3 E93 Conv

It looks great, I cant wait to get mine and see how it looks with the Orange interior. Then I can pick a few extra parts to add on.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #222
KingsleySmith
Nous Defions
Rep
Drives: M4 vert

I was thinking about the SO for the interior, wife sad NO. Had to be black to help with the dog hair in the back seats. She will be riding a lot with the two black Lab's. rioUK, what color paint did you get?

K
Appreciate 1
Colinv64007.50
      04-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #223
KzrSoze
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 Vert

If you would like to include the owners manual in the thread documents, let me know, I have it as a PDF
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 05:24 AM   #224
TheBigBang
Germany
Rep
Drives: F15

looks stunning
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #225
Mav007
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Exactly, but just like the people driving coupes don't mind the extra 3-400lbs of leather, stereo, power seats, etc

No production car is made for "serious driving" - these cars are built for weekend warriors and wannabes (yeah, yeah, you can gut it, mod it, etc etc, but then it's not an M3 coupe anymore; how many people on this board have done that and use their coupe as a dedicated track car?)

I love my e93 and I'm not a 'serious driver' - I don't track, only canyon drive, but if I did track I'd have a track car not an M3 coupe with A/C & bluetooth.

I would define "serious driving" as professional and pro-am; and those people have dedicated track rigs.

The rest of us are just hobbyists in some form or another. Flame on : )
Exactly my thoughts. Thanks for sharing your ED experience.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #226
Tone
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m4 convertible

Hello Does anyone know in the NYC area that will put after market carbon fiber parts & future Exhaust on 2016 m4 thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 10:34 AM   #227
Adcampo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Manual

Where is the active sound module for the F83?

I'd like to try and disconnect it.
      04-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #228
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcampo View Post
I'd like to try and disconnect it.
The easiest is to code it out if you have a windows laptop or a mac you set up to dual boot. Otherwise you can read this thread ... it doesn't tell you the exact location on the vert but it tells you close enough - the real key is learning about the clips and the 2-stage nature of them and how to take out the paneling.

Here's the rough steps:

(1.) Learn how the panel clips work and how to release them - not intuitive. They're like 2 discs one on top of the other - you have lift the TOP MOST disc FIRST, i.e., NOT the one laying flat against the panel/carpeting. Lifting this disc pulls up a piston that releases pressure on the plug. Now you can remove the plug since you've relieved the pressure.

(2.) Learn what the ASD module looks like and how the plug mechanism works - also not intuitive at all. There's a locking bar that snaps down over a tab. To release you have to push in the grey tab, lift the bar over the tab, and then the plug comes right out.

(3.) The actual job is pretty quick and easy if you invest the time learning the first 2 things. You take out the floor panel (that covers your spare and where your SmartTop should be ), take off the rear load protector panel first (facing the bumper, that protects against things being loaded in), then move to the left. Once you get those panels up you'll see the module.

Honestly if I could do it all over again I'd just code it off.

Start with the bumper guard:

Here are the panel clips - they're 2 stage clips, you have to lift the piston out first. Here are the 2 discs laying flat on top of one-another:

Here's how you lift the first disc which lifts the piston:

Then you use your fingers to gently jiggle the plug out:

Once you get the bumper guard off you can start on the panels:

This pic from the thread above doesn't show the vert but it shows the module really well (the one on the left with the black mounting bracket) - that's what you're looking for. It also shows the plug with the black locking bar that needs to be lifted first and then the plug easily pulls out. The bump above the black bar is actually a tab that needs to be pushed in to lift the bar:

The plug and locking bar (push the grey tab in, lift the black bar, the plug comes right out:

Full Video:

Last edited by GrussGott; 04-17-2016 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 2
      04-18-2016, 07:59 AM   #229
sraj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 540i 6sp; 2016 M4 vert

Hey Gruss, thanks for the guide! I am installing the SmartTop on Wednesday, and now I know how to remove the floor panel. I already coded ASD off; no need for that since I always have the top down!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #230
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sraj View Post
Hey Gruss, thanks for the guide! I am installing the SmartTop on Wednesday, and now I know how to remove the floor panel. I already coded ASD off; no need for that since I always have the top down!
NP, smart top is super easy, you just lift out the floor panel and you'll see the location and wires you need to connect to. I had actually stored some Euro vests there that I'd forgotten about so I found those! The whole project took <5 minutes.

One tip on the SmartTop - if you enable the option to open/close the roof from the doors ... not sure if it's supposed to work this way but only my passenger door allows the "4 taps" (can't remember the exact number). That's actually great for me since I prefer the driver's side to open the car locks and the passenger side to open the roof.

Example is you walk up to the car with your hands full and forgot to have the key ready ... just tap the passenger door handle a few times with a pinky and voila! I just used that yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #231
sraj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 540i 6sp; 2016 M4 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
NP, smart top is super easy, you just lift out the floor panel and you'll see the location and wires you need to connect to. I had actually stored some Euro vests there that I'd forgotten about so I found those! The whole project took <5 minutes.

One tip on the SmartTop - if you enable the option to open/close the roof from the doors ... not sure if it's supposed to work this way but only my passenger door allows the "4 taps" (can't remember the exact number). That's actually great for me since I prefer the driver's side to open the car locks and the passenger side to open the roof.

Example is you walk up to the car with your hands full and forgot to have the key ready ... just tap the passenger door handle a few times with a pinky and voila! I just used that yesterday.
Interesting, so open/close the roof and lock/unlock doors can't be done from the same door handle? When I read the manual, I assumed that lock/unlock was a single press and open/close was a tap sequence.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 02:19 PM   #232
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sraj View Post
Interesting, so open/close the roof and lock/unlock doors can't be done from the same door handle? When I read the manual, I assumed that lock/unlock was a single press and open/close was a tap sequence.
yeah, but on my driver's side it just locks/unlocks all of the time so a sequence just flips the lock up/down. On the passenger side it won't open unless you pull the handle so the tap sequence works. This may have something to do with MMI setting for door locks, dunno.

Also, the all windows up button works with SmartTop! Great feature.

Last note, I've never had this happen but if I had kids or dogs in the car I'd disable it ... one touch is really one touch
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 09:39 AM   #233
Navdeepsingh24
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

do anyone have the full error list and the solutions for those errors
Appreciate 0