Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-16-2020, 11:25 AM   #89
l00semarble
Private
Rep
Drives: GT3RS, FocusRS, E400 wagon

PASS! w00t!

Turns out the Shop Foreman here is a "chief" inspector and is actually involved with advisory board to the state on vehicle inspection issues and he is involved with the legislature on vehicle inspection issues. I found the right guy!

Appreciate 6
ntg442887.50
f80er2056.00
SD ///M42989.50
BMWM5NYC494.50
      01-16-2020, 12:14 PM   #90
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by l00semarble View Post
PASS! w00t!

Turns out the Shop Foreman here is a "chief" inspector and is actually involved with advisory board to the state on vehicle inspection issues and he is involved with the legislature on vehicle inspection issues. I found the right guy!
Congrats.

The Shop Foreman would never have fudged that if the Windows were not legal in USA. Sets up the Dealership for massive lawsuit if someone is injured because of the windows being too dark.

That said, I'd still get a Maryland Medical Waiver using the form I posted on the first page days ago as local or State LEO could stop and test you at anytime.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:28 PM   #91
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:30 PM   #92
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Congrats!! I thought this thread was going to get deleted because it went of the rails with a certain tint lord.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:47 PM   #93
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Well it is in writing that tintlord was going to give OP 1 mil and his car....

That’s enforceable in court right?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 01:09 PM   #94
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

Quote:
PASS! w00t!

I am just going to assume this was BMW of Annapolis and will say their service and collision shop are top notch. Just all around good people over there.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 01:39 PM   #95
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Congrats! Hopefully this is the end of the issue and you can now enjoy your new M3!

Oh, and I'm looking forward to hearing how you're going to spend Tintking's $1M and what your going to do with his car. That offer he made is totally enforceable in Internet court! Unfortunately, he has lost all credibility...

Edited to add after the whole saga was said and done: But now Tintking has apologized and admitted he was wrong, restoring his credibility!

Last edited by SD ///M4; 01-17-2020 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
      01-16-2020, 04:27 PM   #96
l00semarble
Private
Rep

I feel tintking was trying to help so I hold no ill will. His style is a little different but he was contributing with expertise. In fact I have decided to refuse the $1M and the car.

I’m just going to drive this M3.

I’ll moment later on my impressions but after 150 miles or so today I like. The electric steering is the weak link so far regarding initial feel of the car. Not terrible but will take some getting used to.
Appreciate 3
      01-16-2020, 05:57 PM   #97
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
I feel tintking was trying to help so I hold no ill will. His style is a little different but he was contributing with expertise. In fact I have decided to refuse the $1M and the car.

I'm just going to drive this M3.

I'll moment later on my impressions but after 150 miles or so today I like. The electric steering is the weak link so far regarding initial feel of the car. Not terrible but will take some getting used to.
I envy your stock S420 glasses..

ECS Tuning and my local parts guys, whom I know personally, confirmed the the S420 glass is restricted from being ordered to the US, so it's truly a unicorn.

Jesus himself could not convince BMW to legally ship it to the US, unless it's fitted for an SUV, so try not to break them or your new thread will be titled "BMW refuses to sell me a window"..

You sound like good peoples, glad it worked out for you.. Enjoy your new toy in good health!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 06:27 PM   #98
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:

I'll moment later on my impressions but after 150 miles or so today I like. The electric steering is the weak link so far regarding initial feel of the car. Not terrible but will take some getting used to.

ECS Tuning and my local parts guys, whom I know personally, confirmed the the S420 glass is restricted from being ordered to the US, so it's truly a unicorn.

Jesus himself could not convince BMW to legally ship it to the US, unless it's fitted for an SUV, so try not to break them or your new thread will be titled "BMW refuses to sell me a window"..

You sound like good peoples, glad it worked out for you.. Enjoy your new toy in good health!

ECS has no access to PUMA at a Dealership which is how it's ordered.
Appreciate 1
c12h231.00
      01-16-2020, 06:37 PM   #99
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Before this thread goes to shit again, I'm asking in the most civil and humble manner possible; do you have anything to back up what you're claiming? Maybe a link or document I can show them..

Who do I have to speak to get them? I'm not even trying to challenging you, I honestly want to know to possible replace them on a 2020 M340i.

My parts guys is just a sales associate but his parts manager 100% confirmed its not available. And he has the power to overwrite orders, but still confirms that they can't be ordered and Is even not coming up their system as an option.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 06:38 PM   #100
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Before this thread goes to shit again, I'm asking in the most civil and humble manner possible; do you have anything to back up what you're claiming? Maybe a link or document I can show them..

Who do I have to speak to get them? I'm not even trying to challenging you, I honestly want to know to possible replace them on a 2020 M340i.

My parts guys is just a sales associate but his parts manager 100%, whom has the power to overwrite orders, confirms that it can't be ordered and Is even not coming up their system as an option.
I confirmed it again today at a Dealership with a Service Manager.

Exactly as I said

1) Car must be at Dealership for repair.

2) service must order through PUMA as is the case for all issues like this.

The same procedure is true for the secondary 40ah $135 battery for the F30 AH3 that several had issues with and other odd parts.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #101
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My parts guys is just a sales associate but his parts manager 100%, whom has the power to overwrite orders, confirms that it can't be ordered and Is even not coming up their system as an option.
I confirmed it today at a Dealership with a Service Manager.
Can you hint the state or location, if you don't want to give up the name? I can narrow it down.

My service manager honestly believes the CS is a M4 with a Dinan package, I don't trust him..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #102
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can you hint the state or location, if you don't want to give up the name? I can narrow it down.

My service manager honestly believes the CS is a M4 with a Dinan package, I don't trust him..
This was a well known Dealership in Maryland.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #103
l00semarble
Private
Rep

Car is home....finally.

2nd comment (criticism) of car. 20" wheels are too big. They look great but functional tradeoff is not worth it.

Going to run them anyway...for now.

Appreciate 5
SD ///M42989.50
Poochie9097.50
BMWM5NYC494.50
bandwagn229.50
      01-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #104
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
m

This was a well known Dealership in Maryland.
Thanks, I'll check it out..

A US hookup with the Acoustic Glass and privacy tinted parts would be divine but I'm already bracing myself for the cost and challenge..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:49 PM   #105
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Car is home....finally.

2nd comment (criticism) of car. 20" wheels are too big. They look great but functional tradeoff is not worth it.

Going to run them anyway...for now.

Congrats again. Good thing that those wheels are fairly easily sellable on here.
And with ALL that room behind your car, you sure like to risk a garage door kiss on your front bumper. ;-)
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:58 PM   #106
Tintking
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP AY convertible

Quote:

I’m just going to drive this M3.

I’ll moment later on my impressions but after 150 miles or so today I like. The electric steering is the weak link so far regarding initial feel of the car. Not terrible but will take some getting used to.
Congrats on the car! I’m glad you feel I was trying to help and in fact that was my only intention. I know I charged into the situation with too much confidence in my $1M declaration but at that point, without seeing a picture, i was betting on the 99.999% chance I was correct. This just happened to be the .001% “Unicorn” car. As soon as you posted the photo I asked for, I conceded it was not tinted with film. And really, this car is probably more like 1 in a million with this type of glass to be found in this country. And again, I will state that anyone ordering a car in the US cannot order a CAR with this type of factory privacy glass thru any option or package. As one person in this thread insisted, you could probably order this glass independently and somehow have it shipped here and have someone install it...but it wouldn’t be a factory option...it would be customizing your car with non standard parts for this country...and it would be both stupid and expensive as well as pointless. Just get your windows tinted at your local tint shop! I have been in the fairly specialized trade of window tinting for over 25 years so if that doesn’t give me some level of “expert knowledge “ I don’t know what would. But I was wrong (With my initial declaration it was film) and I’ll own that. I had a big slice of humble pie and I won’t be so cocky next time. I hope this helps some of you relax a bit, knowing I won’t be so eager to push my radical knowledge on unsuspecting M owners.
Appreciate 3
SD ///M42989.50
IK6SPEED4478.50
      01-16-2020, 09:04 PM   #107
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintking View Post
Congrats on the car! I’m glad you feel I was trying to help and in fact that was my only intention. I know I charged into the situation with too much confidence in my $1M declaration but at that point, without seeing a picture, i was betting on the 99.999% chance I was correct. This just happened to be the .001% “Unicorn” car. As soon as you posted the photo I asked for, I conceded it was not tinted with film. And really, this car is probably more like 1 in a million with this type of glass to be found in this country. And again, I will state that anyone ordering a car in the US cannot order a CAR with this type of factory privacy glass thru any option or package. As one person in this thread insisted, you could probably order this glass independently and somehow have it shipped here and have someone install it...but it wouldn’t be a factory option...it would be customizing your car with non standard parts for this country...and it would be both stupid and expensive as well as pointless. Just get your windows tinted at your local tint shop! I have been in the fairly specialized trade of window tinting for over 25 years so if that doesn’t give me some level of “expert knowledge “ I don’t know what would. But I was wrong (With my initial declaration it was film) and I’ll own that. I had a big slice of humble pie and I won’t be so cocky next time. I hope this helps some of you relax a bit, knowing I won’t be so eager to push my radical knowledge on unsuspecting M owners.
Again.... because the vehicle has it listed on the dealer spec sheet, it was ordered as an allowable factory option.

If they added this post sale, it would not be tied to the VIN.

I, of course make the assumption that this vehicle was US ordered and not shipped to the US post sale, something that a US service person may have done.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 09:12 PM   #108
M3ILANA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E36

How does it compare to this one in options and price? https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...lnPQ-yCTv19I4Y
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 09:18 PM   #109
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ILANA View Post
How does it compare to this one in options and price? https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...lnPQ-yCTv19I4Y
You just have a run of the mill Jahre edition listed. Seems OP has the only unicorn 🦄 of all the Jahre editions. I would knock $30k off the car since it’s really not that special. Lol
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 09:37 PM   #110
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintking View Post
I have been in the fairly specialized trade of window tinting for over 25 years so if that doesn’t give me some level of “expert knowledge “ I don’t know what would. But I was wrong (With my initial declaration it was film) and I’ll own that. I had a big slice of humble pie and I won’t be so cocky next time. I hope this helps some of you relax a bit, knowing I won’t be so eager to push my radical knowledge on unsuspecting M owners.
You seem to genuinely regret your decision to offer that ridiculous bet, realizing how silly that was, and better yet, publicly apologize to the OP and everyone else. That's virtually unheard of on this cruel, cruel Internet. A few of us were riding you pretty hard on that. I do commend you for your belief and conviction (stubbornness?) that you were right. I for one am more than glad to let bygones be bygones and restore your full credibility! You've been acquitted in the court of the Internet!

Last edited by SD ///M4; 01-17-2020 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 4