Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-22-2020, 04:37 PM   #133
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Congrats again. Good thing that those wheels are fairly easily sellable on here.
And with ALL that room behind your car, you sure like to risk a garage door kiss on your front bumper. ;-)
He is probably trying to avoid the door in the back of the garage on the right of the pic.
      01-22-2020, 06:03 PM   #134
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
OP, I just noticed the rolling stool in your garage. I had one like that, got it from Harbor Freight. But I fell off it a couple of times when rolling it around on the slanted driveway washing the wheels and it got in a crack or against a pebble due to the tiny, hard wheels.

Name:  JMB6tnE.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  106.8 KB

I replaced it with this, and it is awesome! Rolls easily, stable, doesn't tip, adjustable height, rotating tool tray, and great lower back support! Highly recommended for washing your wheels and the lower part of your car, changing wheels, changing brakes, etc.: (click on pic for link)

Last edited by SD ///M4; 01-26-2020 at 06:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 04:00 PM   #135
l00semarble
Private
Rep
Drives: GT3RS, FocusRS, E400 wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM5NYC View Post
He is probably trying to avoid the door in the back of the garage on the right of the pic.
Yes there is a door there and that is where the trashcans are so need regular access through behind car. Believe me I have it worked out perfectly. I have chocks stuck to the floor with 3M VHB tape which position the car perfectly about 1" from the garage door. Then the laser sensor is aligned at bumper height and shoots at the 1" clearance so if car were even 1/2" off or so the sensor would not allow door to close. Finally, bottom of garage door is coated with pool noodle for final fuk up insurance if necessary.

Funny how internet forums always notice the odd stuff in background of photos.

Regarding the rolly stool I have had that a long time and it works but that Lexus version you have their looks really nice. BTW the stool has marked parking spot so it also does not touch the car.
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42989.50
      01-23-2020, 09:30 PM   #136
ProfM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 & '05 M3 (to be sold)

Congratulations on the car from another Marylander!

I am pretty sure I saw that car on the web when it was for sale and was considering it but I eventually moved on. Certainly is a beautiful car. I ended up with a 2018 in Yas Marina Blue/Sakhir Orange 6MT I found in NH. Drove it back to MD last weekend.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 11:56 PM   #137
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by l00semarble View Post
Yes there is a door there and that is where the trashcans are so need regular access through behind car. Believe me I have it worked out perfectly. I have chocks stuck to the floor with 3M VHB tape which position the car perfectly about 1" from the garage door. Then the laser sensor is aligned at bumper height and shoots at the 1" clearance so if car were even 1/2" off or so the sensor would not allow door to close. Finally, bottom of garage door is coated with pool noodle for final fuk up insurance if necessary.

Funny how internet forums always notice the odd stuff in background of photos.

Regarding the rolly stool I have had that a long time and it works but that Lexus version you have their looks really nice. BTW the stool has marked parking spot so it also does not touch the car.
Appreciate 0