Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

05-03-2023, 08:50 AM   #45
TomJohnson
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

I totally get it. The online search can be overwhelming, and those endless broker calls are enough to make anyone hit the brakes. But opting for a professional auto transport service is likely to significantly impact the current situation. It's like having a dedicated pit crew for your car's journey – no middlemen, just direct and smooth.
Lease transfers can be a bit nerve-wracking, and you want your ride to arrive in primo condition. That's where the pros come in. They've got the know-how to handle your wheels with care, making sure your car arrives safe and sound.

Last edited by TomJohnson; 08-28-2023 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 02:20 PM   #46
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 and 435i xDrive M-Sport

I'm looking to transport a car from Cleveland, Ohio to Long Island, NY (500 miles). Got a few quotes which range from $975 to $1,360 (enclosed trailer btw). I contacted Plycon, SGT transport, Intercity Lines. Still waiting to hear back from Go2transport.com and 1 other one I believe. Any other recommendations for another place to try? Thanks
      07-27-2023, 04:13 PM   #47
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

I have another data point to add. I used Nexus Auto Transport back in March from rural Kansas to Atlanta, GA. Decent experience and may use them again. I think you have to consider the following at a minimum:

Are you interested in using a broker (Montway, Nexus, A1, and many others) or a company that owns and operates their own trucks?

What are you transporting? In other words, is it a LaFerrari or a Ford Fusion.

The answer to the above will steer you where you should begin your search.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 11:37 AM   #48
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 and 435i xDrive M-Sport

I'm waiting to hear back from JS Transport Services and 1 other. Intercity doesn't have availability until the middle -end of August. Any other recommendations? I would rather not deal with a broker. Thanks
      08-16-2023, 02:10 PM   #49
Kennethberrys
Registered
Rep
Drives: X2

It's always a relief to hear positive feedback about car shipping services, especially when it involves precious vehicles like your M4. Personal recommendations from fellow car enthusiasts hold a lot of weight when it comes to finding reliable options.Speaking of car transportation, have you ever wondered about the nitty-gritty details, like how much does it cost to tow a car from state to state? It's those practical insights that can be a real game-changer when planning any kind of car movement.Keep enjoying your car adventures, and remember, it's the shared experiences and tips that make our journeys even more exciting.

Last edited by Kennethberrys; 08-28-2023 at 08:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2023, 06:49 PM   #50
RRedline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MN6

Need to ship an M3 from CA to MA enclosed ~Oct 18th. Intercity has been my go to in the past but they quoted $2900. Damn.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2023, 08:45 PM   #51
clubracer6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 911 40th AE / 16 VW GLI

Email alexander@moveauto.com and tell him Alex T sent you. We ship over 200 cars a year with them and their price is good and service is awesome.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2024, 03:29 PM   #52
trininav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Man

I just went through the car buying process myself last month. It took me ages to choose a shipping company, but after a lot of back-and-forth, everything fell into place smoothly. Finding the right price and options was key for me.
      04-10-2024, 08:56 PM   #53
BadBoostedBMWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36m,F80,G80;TRX; 992 TTS; F95

Quote:
Originally Posted by trininav View Post
I just went through the car buying process myself last month. It took me ages to choose a shipping company, but after a lot of back-and-forth, everything fell into place smoothly. Finding the right price and options was key for me.
Who did you use?
      04-24-2024, 04:11 AM   #54
trininav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Man

I'd choose the most transparent company about costs. Look for companies that provide detailed quotes including insurance, fuel surcharges, and any potential extra costs. Checking out customer reviews and asking for personal experiences in forums can also point you towards reliable services. When I needed to ship a car, I found all the details about estimated costs and fees on https://www.a1autotransport.com/worldwide-car-shipping/. This site was super helpful because it broke down everything I needed to know about the process.

Last edited by trininav; 04-25-2024 at 04:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 11:05 AM   #55
JTM09
BMW addict
Rep
Drives: German cars

Brian @ Mercury Auto transport did a nice job for me in the past 954-323-2857
      04-25-2024, 12:35 AM   #56
mehman63
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

How much current rates from middle east coast to TX, or California to tx
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 01:51 PM   #57
kupcake
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 Jahre 50, e92 M3, 328ti

Avoid Montway like the plague. I had a horrible experience with them last year.
Appreciate 1
mehman63109.50
      04-28-2024, 09:01 AM   #58
SteveYem
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupcake View Post
Interesting! I was just about to use them to transport a car from TX to PA but now you’ve given me some pause..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 02:02 PM   #59
f80nj
Rep
Drives: '18 m3 zcp

Quote:
Damn. I had just gotten a quote from them for a California to New Jersey transport...mind if I ask what happened?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 03:52 PM   #60
kupcake
Private
Rep

Montway is a broker, a glorified middleman. They do not seem to vet their carriers: I had a 318ti, newly purchased with less than 3000 miles on it, picked up in Co. and delivered to me in Tucson. My wife observed the loading of the car in the trailer: she didn't think the agent/driver could drive a manual ( he was Russian and did not speak English} The car was delivered to me in Tucson: the interior was filthy; he apologized. When I tried to move the car from the street, {before he left), it was obvious there was a serious problem: the shifter was loose and i could not access 1st, 3rd or 5th gears. I was more than distraught; the car was not driveable. It was a Sunday; he said, in broken English that I'd hear from his boss. Never did. They did not return calls. Montway said it's between me and the Russians and did not help at all; they got their broker's fee.
Bottom line: my shift linkage had to be repaired; cost me $150. The carrier wasn't willing to reimburse. my mechanic said he'd never seen a shift linkage come apart like it had, likely because the driver had no clue had to drive a manual.
In the future, I would not ever risk using a broker who has nothing to lose (Montway made it very clear to me they had no financial responsibility). I'd advise: engage directly with an established, reputable carrier even if it costs a little more. And, read the fine print!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 07:36 PM   #61
f80nj
Rep

Quote:
Montway is a broker, a glorified middleman. They do not seem to vet their carriers: I had a 318ti, newly purchased with less than 3000 miles on it, picked up in Co. and delivered to me in Tucson. My wife observed the loading of the car in the trailer: she didn't think the agent/driver could drive a manual ( he was Russian and did not speak English} The car was delivered to me in Tucson: the interior was filthy; he apologized. When I tried to move the car from the street, {before he left), it was obvious there was a serious problem: the shifter was loose and i could not access 1st, 3rd or 5th gears. I was more than distraught; the car was not driveable. It was a Sunday; he said, in broken English that I'd hear from his boss. Never did. They did not return calls. Montway said it's between me and the Russians and did not help at all; they got their broker's fee.
Bottom line: my shift linkage had to be repaired; cost me $150. The carrier wasn't willing to reimburse. my mechanic said he'd never seen a shift linkage come apart like it had, likely because the driver had no clue had to drive a manual.
In the future, I would not ever risk using a broker who has nothing to lose (Montway made it very clear to me they had no financial responsibility). I'd advise: engage directly with an established, reputable carrier even if it costs a little more. And, read the fine print!

Appreciate the information!! Avoiding montway at all costs now ha! I do not want to deal with a broker
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 12:06 AM   #62
Ev0lutionx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80nj View Post
Appreciate the information!! Avoiding montway at all costs now ha! I do not want to deal with a broker
Montway is hit or miss. They are a broker and you get who you get.

Their prices are usually the lowest and they can get you a transporter quickly.

I’ve used them several times. The times that I have gotten an enclosed trailer, the transporter has always been good and cars were taken care of. No issues.
Appreciate 1
Gunzy81.00
      04-29-2024, 11:14 AM   #63
kupcake
Private
Rep

Agreed: it's a gamble. This was not the 1st time I used them. I purchased the car from an independent dealer in Ca. who shipped the car to me in Co. using Montway without issue, which is why I used them to ship the car to Az.
So, for me, the odds of success being one out two do not work. And, btw: it was an enclosed trailer.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 05:14 PM   #64
SteveYem
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S4

Reading this thread scared me into booking with Intercity Lines. It was 50% more than the various brokers who I presume are contracting the job out to the lowest bidder.
If Intercity is good enough for Jay Leno, then I suppose it’ll be good enough for me!
Appreciate 1
kupcake58.50
      Yesterday, 08:06 AM   #65
f80nj
Rep

Anyone deal with Mercury Auto Transport?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:31 AM   #66
JTM09
BMW addict
Rep
Drives: German cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80nj View Post
Anyone deal with Mercury Auto Transport?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM09 View Post
Brian @ Mercury Auto transport did a nice job for me in the past 954-323-2857

He did a good job for me .. would use again.