R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

09-29-2019, 11:10 PM   #1
kingkreep
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 Competition

Cross post: Advice needed - should I stay away?

Cross posting here as it involves codes, which people on this topic should be familiar with

Hey everyone - I am very close to pulling the trigger on a MY2018 F82 ZCP. The car shows great in pics, and the CarFax looks clean. Since this will be an out of state purchase, I had the seller take the car to an independent mechanic for a PPI. And the PPI pulled up a bunch of fault codes

Since the seller is also a private party, and not dealer - I want to ensure that I know what I am getting into. I did a bunch of research on all the error codes (19 in all) and have attached a snapshot of the faultcodes that the Autologic scan pulled up. The seller insists most cars will throw up some fault codes - so I need not worry. While some of these are obvious and expected, some seem pretty concerning (e.g. 213601).

So questions for the super smart ladies and gentlemen here:
  • The car still has about 2 years of factory warranty left and the current owner bought it as CPO. Should I just ask the seller to get all these cleared by the BMW service center and then proceed?
  • Should I just walk? I know there are tons of these cars out there, but I do like the config and want to ensure I am acting in good faith with the seller as he has been pretty good through the process so far
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 05:42 AM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkreep View Post
Cross posting here as it involves codes, which people on this topic should be familiar with

Hey everyone - I am very close to pulling the trigger on a MY2018 F82 ZCP. The car shows great in pics, and the CarFax looks clean. Since this will be an out of state purchase, I had the seller take the car to an independent mechanic for a PPI. And the PPI pulled up a bunch of fault codes

Since the seller is also a private party, and not dealer - I want to ensure that I know what I am getting into. I did a bunch of research on all the error codes (19 in all) and have attached a snapshot of the faultcodes that the Autologic scan pulled up. The seller insists most cars will throw up some fault codes - so I need not worry. While some of these are obvious and expected, some seem pretty concerning (e.g. 213601).

So questions for the super smart ladies and gentlemen here:
  • The car still has about 2 years of factory warranty left and the current owner bought it as CPO. Should I just ask the seller to get all these cleared by the BMW service center and then proceed?
  • Should I just walk? I know there are tons of these cars out there, but I do like the config and want to ensure I am acting in good faith with the seller as he has been pretty good through the process so far
All of these faults are not relevant and I’m almost 100% sure that every of them(besides about exhaust flaps) will be deleted and there won’t be any in memory.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 11:05 AM   #3
kingkreep
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
All of these faults are not relevant and I’m almost 100% sure that every of them(besides about exhaust flaps) will be deleted and there won’t be any in memory.

Thanks
Thanks kubax86! When you say deleted and won't be in memory - is that after a major service? And something the dealership would do?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 05:26 PM   #4
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkreep View Post
Thanks kubax86! When you say deleted and won't be in memory - is that after a major service? And something the dealership would do?
Could be done by anyone with standard diagnostic for cars.
Appreciate 0