ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-28-2019, 02:09 PM   #1
ninekrpm
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 (Track) / E92M3 (Street)

Some chassis setup fun, vicariously through my streetcar 😊

Four years ago, was the last time I drove / raced my E46 M3 track car. I had enjoyed the run that lasted close to 15 year from driving schools, instructing, racing, etc. But with the kids growing, priorities shifted, and the car was parked for over 3 years before finally selling it…never thought it would happen, but it did 😊

Anyhow, getting the bug over the past year again and will likely get back out to the track very soon for some basic track days. Until then, living vicariously through my streetcar and having some chassis setup fun.

I have the F80 since 2015, being a track-guy, my first major mod on it was the MCS 2WWR setup (you can search an old post I did when I installed it). Have had a lot of history with the Moton’s and MCS’s over the years, so for me it was the set direction. The dampers just hit 29K miles on them and needed some service love. Last week I removed and sent the set to their facility in Atlanta, they completely serviced the dampers and I received them back on Thursday. In anticipation, I had already setup my chassis platform, so took this as an opportunity to do some maintenance and setup work (greased suspension, changed all fluids, etc.) and installed the lower rear SPL control arms as well, all while I waited for the dampers to return from service.

Finally, this past weekend, I installed dampers, reset the right height, corner-balanced the car and did a basic alignment setup. Will still take the car to a local alignment shop for a proper alignment.

Have always enjoyed working on the car, so this was a lot fun. Anyhow, enjoy the few pics. Looking forward to getting out to a few local tracks very soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 05:03 PM   #2
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

So awesome. You are my hero.

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 05:29 PM   #3
jacobe92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Hell Rot F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninekrpm View Post
Four years ago, was the last time I drove / raced my E46 M3 track car. I had enjoyed the run that lasted close to 15 year from driving schools, instructing, racing, etc. But with the kids growing, priorities shifted, and the car was parked for over 3 years before finally selling it…never thought it would happen, but it did 😊

Anyhow, getting the bug over the past year again and will likely get back out to the track very soon for some basic track days. Until then, living vicariously through my streetcar and having some chassis setup fun.

I have the F80 since 2015, being a track-guy, my first major mod on it was the MCS 2WWR setup (you can search an old post I did when I installed it). Have had a lot of history with the Moton's and MCS's over the years, so for me it was the set direction. The dampers just hit 29K miles on them and needed some service love. Last week I removed and sent the set to their facility in Atlanta, they completely serviced the dampers and I received them back on Thursday. In anticipation, I had already setup my chassis platform, so took this as an opportunity to do some maintenance and setup work (greased suspension, changed all fluids, etc.) and installed the lower rear SPL control arms as well, all while I waited for the dampers to return from service.

Finally, this past weekend, I installed dampers, reset the right height, corner-balanced the car and did a basic alignment setup. Will still take the car to a local alignment shop for a proper alignment.

Have always enjoyed working on the car, so this was a lot fun. Anyhow, enjoy the few pics. Looking forward to getting out to a few local tracks very soon.
I know who to see once I get a set of aftermarket sway bars 👍. How about Speed Ventures, Saturday, November 23 CVR? I'm thinking of going if my schedule allows it.
2016 Hellrot F80 M3|JRZ RS Pro with Swift Springs 550/750 spring rates l AP Radical 5000R 9668/9449 lSpiegler SS LinesI DS1.11I Eisenmann DP|MPE Catback|18" Forgeline GS1R 18x10 et 22 and 18x11 et 44 NT01 275/35/18 and 305/35/18| Forgeline GTD1 18x10et43 SquarelM Performance Lip/Splitter|IND aesthetic mods|Dinan Toe Link|Fall Line mono ball conversion kit and upper link kit| Aim Solo 2DL Smarty Cam|Simpson Hybrid|Stilo Offshore helmet.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 08:54 AM   #4
ninekrpm
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 (Track) / E92M3 (Street)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobe92 View Post
I know who to see once I get a set of aftermarket sway bars 👍. How about Speed Ventures, Saturday, November 23 CVR? I'm thinking of going if my schedule allows it.

Definitely at least one track event this year...stay tuned
Appreciate 0