Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-23-2019, 04:35 AM   #1101
M4UFO
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
27
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 Comp
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Brilliant.....1 line out how 47 pages that offers ZERO detail. Good find fella.
That one page very helpful, what happen to all the F1 techs on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 05:38 PM   #1102
M3Xris
Islander
M3Xris's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Any update? I too am about to follow the same route and I'm curious what to expect. I'm also leaning towards installing them on my own after watching Tommy's HAS install video.
I actually installed my Eibach v1's last night. As long as you have the necessary tools, you should definitely tackle the project yourself. It took myself and a buddy, just over 2 hours from start to finish. And I was moving at a pretty slow/cautious pace while double checking every aspect of the install.

During the process, my buddy only needed to lend a hand while jacking up the strut assembly as I was guiding the top of the strut spindle into place. However, even that could be done solo, if you wanted.

Other members claimed that this was the easiest spring install they had ever done. I took that with a grain of salt. However, I can now also say that this truly is the easiest spring install I've done. And I've done 5 previous to this, on different makes/models. Especially since there is absolutely no need for a spring compressor, if you follow the video guide linked at the bottom of this post. In fact, it's so easy that it REALLY annoys me that all the shops I called claimed 6+ hours and upwards of $1700 to install just the fronts. Absurd.


Here are some initial before/afters. Keep in mind that the car has not been driven since install (alignment scheduled for this afternoon), so they still need to settle a bit. But even in current form, they've already dropped the front by almost 3/4". Once settled, they should end up somewhere between 3/4" and 1" drop.

[COLOR="Blue"]*Pics removed. Updated pics in post #1098*[/COLOR]


Install video I followed:


Link to exact springs I bought: (3 total days from order to delivery, coming to US from Germany. Crazy fast shipping!)
https://www.tunershop.co.uk/eibach-p...e-f32-f82.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Any update? I too am about to follow the same route and I'm curious what to expect. I'm also leaning towards installing them on my own after watching Tommy's HAS install video.
I actually installed my Eibach v1's last night. As long as you have the necessary tools, you should definitely tackle the project yourself. It took myself and a buddy, just over 2 hours from start to finish. And I was moving at a pretty slow/cautious pace while double checking every aspect of the install.

During the process, my buddy only needed to lend a hand while jacking up the strut assembly as I was guiding the top of the strut spindle into place. However, even that could be done solo, if you wanted.

Other members claimed that this was the easiest spring install they had ever done. I took that with a grain of salt. However, I can now also say that this truly is the easiest spring install I've done. And I've done 5 previous to this, on different makes/models. Especially since there is absolutely no need for a spring compressor, if you follow the video guide linked at the bottom of this post. In fact, it's so easy that it REALLY annoys me that all the shops I called claimed 6+ hours and upwards of $1700 to install just the fronts. Absurd.


Here are some initial before/afters. Keep in mind that the car has not been driven since install (alignment scheduled for this afternoon), so they still need to settle a bit. But even in current form, they've already dropped the front by almost 3/4". Once settled, they should end up somewhere between 3/4" and 1" drop.

[COLOR="Blue"]*Pics removed. Updated pics in post #1098*[/COLOR]


Install video I followed:


Link to exact springs I bought: (3 total days from order to delivery, coming to US from Germany. Crazy fast shipping!)
https://www.tunershop.co.uk/eibach-p...e-f32-f82.html
Just ordered a set using this link. Hoping my credit card isn't drained tonight lol. Will post up before and after pics.
__________________
2016 Individual Azurite F80 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 12:55 AM   #1103
M3Xris
Islander
M3Xris's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toM3;v=k5P4d0mD9zY
Link to exact springs I bought: (3 total days from order to delivery, coming to US from Germany. Crazy fast shipping!)
[url
https://www.tunershop.co.uk/eibach-pro-kit-lowering-springs-20-5-10mm-e10-20-031-09-22-for-bmw-3-f30-f80-4-coupe-f32-f82.html[/url]
Well my springs came in today just as advertised. I'm impressed they got it to Hawaii from Germany on the third day. Tunershop.co is legit. Planning on installing them tomorrow morning.
__________________
2016 Individual Azurite F80 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 12:06 AM   #1104
satx_yas
Enlisted Member
satx_yas's Avatar
53
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M3CS
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toM3 View Post
I just went out and snapped some pics for you (please excuse the dirty car).

Overall, I am very happy and, like you said, at $220 shipped, you really can't go wrong.
Before


Immediately after install


After alignment and ~200 miles driven




Before


Immediately after install


After alignment and ~200 miles driven




Before


Immediately after install


After alignment and ~200 miles driven
Pictures look great, thank you for sharing them.
What brand lowing spring did you use?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 06:17 PM   #1105
S4toM3
Private First Class
S4toM3's Avatar
143
Rep
143
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 | MGM | 6MT
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Erie, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Xris View Post
Well my springs came in today just as advertised. I'm impressed they got it to Hawaii from Germany on the third day. Tunershop.co is legit. Planning on installing them tomorrow morning.
Right?? I was amazed that they got to Colorado on the 3rd day as well. I fully expected a 2+ week wait. They got here faster than the tools I ordered to complete the install.



Quote:
Originally Posted by satx_yas View Post
Pictures look great, thank you for sharing them.
What brand lowing spring did you use?
Of course! I went with Eibach v1's. I think I shared the exact link to the ones I ordered a few posts back.

I'll say that occasionally I do find myself wishing I went with v2's to drop the front about 0.3" - 0.5" lower than the v1's. However, I'd inevitably get some serious scraping if I went that route.
__________________
F80 ///M3 | Mineral Gray Metallic | 6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #1106
Rahul718
Private
16
Rep
73
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 Comp 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bayside, NY

iTrader: (0)

I would love to see some pictures of the m4 zcp on eibach V2 springs. I think I saw a few here but no mention whether those were V1 or v2. I have some Emmanuele Design springs on the way but now I have this lingering concern that itíll be too low or my driveway and NY roads.

My other concern is that the v2 springs drop the back (when installed) more than the front and I hate the sagging look.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 11:25 AM   #1107
Thespaz18
Private First Class
Thespaz18's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
181
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: McKinney, TX

iTrader: (0)

If anyone is interested, I have a set of used V1's in the classifieds that I'm looking to get rid of. Have about 4K miles on them. The moderate drop was good for me, but I wanted a bit more adjustability, so went with MP HAS.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 08:36 AM   #1108
Yes2m3cs
Captain
Yes2m3cs's Avatar
United_States
135
Rep
826
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3CS 2016 M4
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunshine State

iTrader: (2)

I dropped my car off today for V1's and spacers. Fingers crossed
__________________
2018 M3CS - Alpine White
2016 BMW M4 - Vorsteiner | Michelin MPSS | Dinan | Swift | M Performance Carbon Everything (Garage Queen)
2016 VW GTI - Unitronic Stage 1 Tune | AWE Track Edition Exhaust (Daily Driver)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST