Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #23
kim@supremepower
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Any update to the review as the coilovers break in?
Hi there,

No real update, except to say I love driving my car more than ever, since the install. I have had the chance to drive in comfort a little more, and there is definitely a noticeable difference between sport+ on the on and off ramps. I still prefer sport+ 24/7 But it is nice to be able to "tone it down" for when others are in the car for their comfort.

We just did another install today, maybe said person will chime in with his first impressions. We will also be doing another install of this kit next week. So lloks like there is more impressions and reviews to come.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #24
kim@supremepower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4 FUN View Post
Hi, Johnny from Sweden here. Thanks for the Review, very intresting. I'm also intrested in this kit. One of the things i don't really like with my M4 is that you don't really feel trust with the rearend when you push the car, especially on bumpy roads. the torque delivery is quite abrupt and the car doesn't really "tell you" what's going to happen. I feel that it doesn't really communicate with the driver. Would you say that this is improved much over the stock damping and caracter of the car?
Hi there Johnny!

It's funny that you mention "trust" in the car, I also felt very much like you with the stock suspension. There were a lot of times I would have to "brace" going over certain roads, and now with this kit, I feel confident and safe in the fact that my car feels planted on the road. Completely different feeling now when I drive, I feel like I can trust the suspension to do what it needs to do. Night and day difference for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:16 PM   #25
PandaxF82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M4 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim@supremepower View Post
Quote:
Hi there,

No real update, except to say I love driving my car more than ever, since the install. I have had the chance to drive in comfort a little more, and there is definitely a noticeable difference between sport+ on the on and off ramps. I still prefer sport+ 24/7 But it is nice to be able to "tone it down" for when others are in the car for their comfort.

We just did another install today, maybe said person will chime in with his first impressions. We will also be doing another install of this kit next week. So lloks like there is more impressions and reviews to come.
Hi.
I am said "person" that received his Bilsteins today and installed.

Previous setup was KW HAS on NON ZCP F82.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

1. Driving experience: EDC, Comfort/Sport/Sport+ mode feels alive. What I mean by alive is that there is a very profound feel of what each mode does.

2. Comfort: Very cushy feels light, and definitely perfect for long cruising subtle drives.

3. Sport: Soaks up everything that i ran over. Bumps that I would slow down or 2nd guess was basically absorbed. It's really a fantastic feeling. The car feels more grounded than before and there's good feedback. Something I felt was not as apparent with springs. The roads where I used to have some floating sensations are now eaten up by the dampeners.

4. Sport+ : In my opinion, sport mode but everything is much tighter. The best way I can describe this is I really feel that my M4 feels like a 2seat sports car. Handling feels very engaging with much more feedback to road conditions.

5. Driving Dynamics: Going from KW HAS kit to Bilstien Damptronics, I feel the driver engagement is elevated. But it's not overly aggressive where the ride is stiff. The best way I can describe is that the ride now really soaks up roads whether they are terrible or smoothly paved.

I will give another update after a week of settling and more miles. This is my first car ever with coilovers, so I wish I could be more technical, but I just don't have the experience to share more in depth that what I did now.

I couldn't happier with this suspension. Special props to Kim, and Eric at Supreme.
Appreciate 4
ra2289302.00
yjypm219.00
dpgfunk332.50
      05-16-2019, 11:20 PM   #26
kim@supremepower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandxF82 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hi there,

Hi.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

1. Driving experience: EDC, Comfort/Sport/Sport+ mode feels alive. What I mean by alive is that there is a very profound feel of what each mode does.
Comfort: Very cushy feels light, and definitely perfect for long cruising subtle drives.

Sport: Soaks up everything that i ran over. Bumps that I would slow down or 2nd guess was basically absorbed. It's really a fantastic feeling. The car feels more grounded than before and there's good feedback. Something I felt was not as apparent with springs. The roads where I used to have some floating sensations are now eaten up by the dampeners.

Sport+ : In my opinion, sport mode but everything is much tighter. The best way I can describe this is I really feel that my M4 feels like a 2seat sports car. Handling feels very engaging with much more feedback to road conditions.

I will give another update after a week of settling and more miles.

I couldn't happier with this suspension. Special props to Kim, and Eric at Supreme.
Thank you Jih, glad you are loving the kit as much as I do. Super stoked to have you as a customer and a friend. More to come!! Wait on it.........
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2019, 01:37 AM   #27
yjypm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandxF82 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hi there,

Hi.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

Comfort: Very cushy feels light, and definitely perfect for long cruising subtle drives.

Sport: Soaks up everything that i ran over. Bumps that I would slow down or 2nd guess was basically absorbed. It's really a fantastic feeling. The car feels more grounded than before and there's good feedback. Something I felt was not as apparent with springs. The roads where I used to have some floating sensations are now eaten up by the dampeners.

Sport+ : In my opinion, sport mode but everything is much tighter. The best way I can describe this is I really feel that my M4 feels like a 2seat sports car. Handling feels very engaging with much more feedback to road conditions.

I will give another update after a week of settling and more miles.

Thank you Jih, glad you are loving the kit as much as I do. Super stoked to have you as a customer and a friend. More to come!! Wait on it.........
I'll come to Jih hopefully this weekend to check out the suspension. If I feel like it I'll be your next customer.

Instagram:catpupu_f80
Appreciate 3
      05-17-2019, 04:28 PM   #28
kim@supremepower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjypm View Post
I'll come to Jih hopefully this weekend to check out the suspension. If I feel like it I'll be your next customer.
Awesome! Can't wait to hear feedback from you too!
Appreciate 1
yjypm219.00
      05-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #29
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Bilstein Damptronic coilovers handled supremely at track!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      05-18-2019, 03:35 PM   #30
kim@supremepower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Heck yeah, love hearing this news! Any specifics on what you liked best about them on the track?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 09:01 PM   #31
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post

Would love to hear more details on track driving with new B16 susp.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 10:05 PM   #32
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Wish you had these in stock so I could get them installed before Bimmerfest 😭
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2019, 10:21 PM   #33
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by joooiiiiii View Post
Would love to hear more details on track driving with new B16 susp.
On vacation. Will write a longer review when I’m back in front of a comp!
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2019, 12:05 AM   #34
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Wish you had these in stock so I could get them installed before Bimmerfest 😭
When will these be in stock again? Doesn't KW have a EDC coilover as well?
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 05:36 AM   #35
M 4 FUN
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320 Si, BMW M4 comp. BMW M

Quote:
Hi there Johnny!

It's funny that you mention "trust" in the car, I also felt very much like you with the stock suspension. There were a lot of times I would have to "brace" going over certain roads, and now with this kit, I feel confident and safe in the fact that my car feels planted on the road. Completely different feeling now when I drive, I feel like I can trust the suspension to do what it needs to do. Night and day difference for me.
sorry for late reply here! Ok, cool, sounds good! That's what i was after, feel trust of the rerar end. If you don't feel trust you're not going to be fast.
many thanks for the reply, i Think i have to talk to my bilstein dealer here .

Johnny
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2019, 01:49 AM   #36
stevehifi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 ZCP

Can anyone tell us what the spring rates are for this kit?
Appreciate 0