GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-23-2019, 02:10 AM   #1
M 4 FUN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320 Si, M4 comp. M3 E46

Öhlins Road&track

Hi guys. I'm looking at changing my suspension on my M4 comp pack 2017 and are looking at the öhlins road and track kit. is there any of you here that runs this kit? what do yopu have to say about it? i will run with my stock 20"wheels and mostly street driving here in Gothenburg, Sweden where i live. how do you like your Öhlins? have you run anything else earlier and can compare to that? Thanks for any "Reviews" on this!

Johnny
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 09:37 AM   #2
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1524332
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 1
M 4 FUN604.50
      08-24-2019, 01:01 PM   #3
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I had the Ohlins for a while, i just switched to KW V3 i like em a lot better! The front struts fit as tight as the OEM struts in the knuckle.
Seperate rebound and compression settings, rides as good as stock. The rear springs rate same as stock, not that crazy high springs that come with Ohlins!

Also the shafts on the Ohlins front shocks started having rust spots, i drive the car in the winter
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #4
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
I had the Ohlins for a while, i just switched to KW V3 i like em a lot better! The front struts fit as tight as the OEM struts in the knuckle.
Seperate rebound and compression settings, rides as good as stock. The rear springs rate same as stock, not that crazy high springs that come with Ohlins!

Also the shafts on the Ohlins front shocks started having rust spots, i drive the car in the winter
I run the ST kit (basically KW V1) on my 335is and its amazing. Took about 5,000 miles to fully break in the valving but man is it comfortable. Way better than stock. I'm now a firm believer in KW.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 02:54 AM   #5
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post

I've never heard of anyone going from Ohlins R&T to KWs (unless Clubsports) but I do see quite a few threads lately of QC issues with the Ohlins.
Appreciate 0