Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-06-2015, 05:25 PM   #353
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 built july 1...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
What mitch said

Most mild drop can be found with ACS at 1" front/ 0.25" rear on the M4, and 0.8" front/0.25" rear on the M3.

Swift springs are 1.0" front/0.4" rear on the M3 and 1.1" front/0.8" rear on the M4
What are the spring rates of the acs springs? I tend to think the swifts will be too stiff for daily driving..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #354
tr3flip
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | E91 | Acura TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Lol I wish but naa there's some debate as to if there really is a need for two versions. They might just be sticking with the euro spec but I don't have that info.
We are definitely not sticking to the euro version. I'll post more info once our German and US engineers come to a conclusion. Sorry for the delay, guys!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #355
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
We are definitely not sticking to the euro version. I'll post more info once our German and US engineers come to a conclusion. Sorry for the delay, guys!
Really? What conclusion can the engineers come up with that required so much time? "Yes, we will release it. No, we won't release it." It's literally been one whole year since this particular thread started. I have no skin in the game because I'm not getting the Eibachs, but you guys went from being one of the only games in town to a crowded field of alternatives. Again, I don't really care, but wow was this release botched.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 07:39 AM   #356
ackreppsiii
Rep
Drives: 2015 Shakir Orange M4

Word!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 08:42 AM   #357
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

I have Eibach springs and KW adjustment rings on my F80 LCI, see pics Below. Spacers 11mm front, 12.5mm back.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #358
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticor View Post
What are the spring rates of the acs springs? I tend to think the swifts will be too stiff for daily driving..
Springs are generally never too stiff for daily driving. What most people feel as "too stiff" are the bumpstops coming into play more because of reduced ride height. You HAVE to go stiffer to keep the car from contacting the bumpstops over bumps... and therein lies the problem, with stiffer springs, you need more rebound damping. The Active suspension seems to have enough to keep up with some lowering springs, but I found that my F80 and it's passive suspension got bouncy really fast with the H&Rs. :/

I got Active on my F82, but I will likely get real coilovers anyway

DSC_3369 by Kit W, on Flickr
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #359
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
Springs are generally never too stiff for daily driving. What most people feel as "too stiff" are the bumpstops coming into play more because of reduced ride height. You HAVE to go stiffer to keep the car from contacting the bumpstops over bumps... and therein lies the problem, with stiffer springs, you need more rebound damping. The Active suspension seems to have enough to keep up with some lowering springs, but I found that my F80 and it's passive suspension got bouncy really fast with the H&Rs. :/

I got Active on my F82, but I will likely get real coilovers anyway
^ Very well said!

Sales & service of BBS Street & Motorsport products.
BBS Highest Volume Dealer 2015 thru 2022
All the top brands at the prices and service you can count on. Professional installation.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 06:23 PM   #360
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep

So I guess I won't drop lol... But seriously when the hell are these springs coming to market?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 12:43 PM   #361
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
So I guess I won't drop lol... But seriously when the hell are these springs coming to market?
When the "German and US engineers come to a conclusion".
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #362
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachbar View Post
I have Eibach springs and KW adjustment rings on my F80 LCI, see pics Below. Spacers 11mm front, 12.5mm back.
Since you are from Switzerland, I have to assume you have the Euro spec springs. Can you comment on driving impressions? Also, can you elaborate on the function of the "KW adjustment rings"?

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 01:17 PM   #363
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep
Drives: the ladies crazy

there's definitely something fishy going on with the spring rates. way earlier in this thread i chimed in, concluding that the existing european springs must be both shorter and softer than the oem springs, and (it seems like) this has been confirmed, though the rationale remains a mystery. eibach releasing a second "american" version with stiffer-than-oem spring rates makes sense, but confuses the ideology of the soft "european" springs. i've had eibach springs in the past on other vehicles, but this has scared me away. i'll be waiting for the oem zcp springs, which should be coming in under a year.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #364
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
So what options are these engineers mulling over to get to this this conclusion?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #365
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Quote:
Since you are from Switzerland, I have to assume you have the Euro spec springs. Can you comment on driving impressions? Also, can you elaborate on the function of the "KW adjustment rings"?
Everything is now one step harder. Comfort feels now like sport before. I's a nice sporty feeling, not to hard. My pregnat wife didn't notice
I didn't see the adjustable rings.. but at installation you can lift or lower the car just as you want. The dealer asked me, if I'd prefere it a bit lower or higher.
Could I answer your questions?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #366
tr3flip
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | E91 | Acura TSX

Quote:
So what options are these engineers mulling over to get to this this conclusion?
The rates are staying the same as our US spec we originally posted and tested. We made some slight fitment changes to the design for a better OE fit.

We have prototypes available for testing if anyone local to Corona, CA would like to get free set installed by Eibach Technicians. Shoot me a PM if interested.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #367
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep

Quote:
Everything is now one step harder. Comfort feels now like sport before. I's a nice sporty feeling, not to hard. My pregnat wife didn't notice
I didn't see the adjustable rings.. but at installation you can lift or lower the car just as you want. The dealer asked me, if I'd prefere it a bit lower or higher.
Could I answer your questions?
i didn't think the KW HAS adjustable spring perch was compatible with the oem-style spring seat, like used by eibach. can you provide pics?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #368
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtailpipes View Post
i didn't think the KW HAS adjustable spring perch was compatible with the oem-style spring seat, like used by eibach. can you provide pics?
Yeah, I don't believe it either. Even if he were able to mix a KW HAS kit with Euro Eibach springs, the stack height from the HAS kit would prevent the car from sitting that low. But I have no idea what kind of crazy kits they have in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #369
manticor
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip
Quote:
The rates are staying the same as our US spec we originally posted and tested. We made some slight fitment changes to the design for a better OE fit.

We have prototypes available for testing if anyone local to Corona, CA would like to get free set installed by Eibach Technicians. Shoot me a PM if interested.
I live close to corona California in NYC and I'll pay for the shipping!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 10:35 AM   #370
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex o View Post
Yeah, I don't believe it either. Even if he were able to mix a KW HAS kit with Euro Eibach springs, the stack height from the HAS kit would prevent the car from sitting that low. But I have no idea what kind of crazy kits they have in Europe.
...or maybe by some coincidence/rigging, the oem spring seat can mount on top of the kw sleeve and adjustable perch?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 12:04 PM   #371
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtailpipes View Post
...or maybe by some coincidence/rigging, the oem spring seat can mount on top of the kw sleeve and adjustable perch?
If that's the case, then the stack height would be even more... preventing it from going as low as his photos represent. You will also have the issue of the Eibach spring fitting over the wider diameter of the KW sleeve. I still call malarkey.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #372
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep

Quote:
If that's the case, then the stack height would be even more... preventing it from going as low as his photos represent. You will also have the issue of the Eibach spring fitting over the wider diameter of the KW sleeve. I still call malarkey.
just wishful thinking. i'd be thrilled if he came back with a pic showing that some rigging could result in an oem-style spring mounting on the KW adjustable sleeve. pipe dream i'm sure. i'd love to find another way to lower the front just slightly, without changing the springs. was hoping the tck camber plates would come in with a slightly reduced stack height, but no luck there either.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #373
Tempe Mendoan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92-M3 / 458 / F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip
Quote:

Is it mean that the Euro Spec is not perfectly fit to the OE?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #374
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtailpipes
Quote:
just wishful thinking. i'd be thrilled if he came back with a pic showing that some rigging could result in an oem-style spring mounting on the KW adjustable sleeve. pipe dream i'm sure. i'd love to find another way to lower the front just slightly, without changing the springs. was hoping the tck camber plates would come in with a slightly reduced stack height, but no luck there either.
How could I take a pic? Well, I can take a pic from the stuff they took out. Would that help?
Appreciate 0