proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

11-18-2019, 05:12 AM   #595
avantix
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4CS Lime Rock Grey

What is everyone doing about cell phone mounting since there's no center console on the CS models?
      11-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #596
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantix View Post
What is everyone doing about cell phone mounting since there's no center console on the CS models?
My phone is mounted securely in my pocket. 😜

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 05:29 PM   #597
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
The e-brake area is nice, using the e-brake boot as a nesting place for a phone.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #598
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
These are Great!!

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 08:08 PM   #599
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Few more
You must really like CF...
No I hate it.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 08:31 PM   #600
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
The Michelin pilot sport 4S is a major improvement above the pilot super sports. Give these a try before the cup 2 tyres and their associated limitations.
Care to give a brief summary of the pros/cons?
No
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 08:38 PM   #601
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Few more
You must really like CF...
No I hate it.
Sarcasm
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 11:56 AM   #602
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Not seeing any use M3 CS for sale. All I see is lease transfers.

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 12:06 PM   #603
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M/// View Post
Not seeing any use M3 CS for sale. All I see is lease transfers.
A BMW dealer in Maryland had a 2k mile one last week for sale at $69,900. It lasted only 3-4 days on the market.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 1
///M///1862.00
      11-30-2019, 12:52 AM   #604
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Could someone check their M4CS and let me know if they have the following recess in their bonnet near the centre ?

Back from the dealer - please don't tell me !

Last edited by drgmt; 01-14-2020 at 04:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #605
UltimateBMWfan
UltimateBMWfan
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS, E92 M3, E89 Z4

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Could someone check their M4CS and let me know if they have the following recess in their bonnet near the centre ?

Just came back from looking at an M4 CS today. Checked my pictures quickly, and yes. Close to where the BMW badge is in the center is that same dent.
Appreciate 1
drgmt984.50
      12-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #606
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMWfan View Post
Quote:

Just came back from looking at an M4 CS today. Checked my pictures quickly, and yes. Close to where the BMW badge is in the center is that same dent.
Absolute legend thanks !
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 08:58 PM   #607
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Kuda base with your choice of cradle.

KUDA 092585 Leather Mount Black Compatible with BMW 3 & M3 (F30, F80) (Since 2012), 3 GT (F34) (Since 2014), 4 & M4 (F32, F33, F82) / Gran Coupe (F36) (Since 2013) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088NSWF6..._NbY5DbSGD6Q3Q
Attached Images

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 10:43 PM   #608
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
It's an M4cs and I've had it for four months now, so not quite first impressions; meaning I'm a bit off topic, but I truly love it. While I really enjoyed my 2015 M4 for the four years I've owned it, the CS brought back some of the soul I found was lacking in my previous car. It feels much more connected, raw and refined at the same time, these are intangibles that are difficult to describe. Plus the fact that I was able to beat my previous best track time by 1.5 seconds without even trying hard (and that's on the same tires and wheels) is the proof in the pudding .
Have to agree with this, also m4cs and 4 months in.

With the exception of I don't track it, the CS is leaps and bounds above the CP having owned both. It's got a connection and an emotion to it. Then there's the power and torque. I absolutely adore it.
How was it as a DD, currently shopping a 2020 in SMB. How's the audio? Not HK correct?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 08:28 PM   #609
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's an M4cs and I've had it for four months now, so not quite first impressions; meaning I'm a bit off topic, but I truly love it. While I really enjoyed my 2015 M4 for the four years I've owned it, the CS brought back some of the soul I found was lacking in my previous car. It feels much more connected, raw and refined at the same time, these are intangibles that are difficult to describe. Plus the fact that I was able to beat my previous best track time by 1.5 seconds without even trying hard (and that's on the same tires and wheels) is the proof in the pudding .

With the exception of I don't track it, the CS is leaps and bounds above the CP having owned both. It's got a connection and an emotion to it. Then there's the power and torque. I absolutely adore it.
How was it as a DD, currently shopping a 2020 in SMB. How's the audio? Not HK correct?
I've been daily driving mine for the past couple weeks and absolutely love it! I had a '17 M4 before the CS and can honestly say that the lack of armrest, and the different door cards don't bother me one bit. As for the stereo, I really think it's on par with the HK. Has a similar EQ and the music is crisp, clear, and loud...!

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with an M4CS as a DD....
Appreciate 1
CSBM52721.00
      02-14-2020, 11:26 AM   #610
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But that Kuda base one looks quite nice as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #611
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've been daily driving mine for the past couple weeks and absolutely love it! I had a '17 M4 before the CS and can honestly say that the lack of armrest, and the different door cards don't bother me one bit. As for the stereo, I really think it's on par with the HK. Has a similar EQ and the music is crisp, clear, and loud...!

Thanks my man, good to hear. Currently in the negotiation process and off to a promising start. One more question while I have your attention, I'm currently in a 2017 F80 ZCP and can honestly say that the artificial piped in sound never bothered me, CS is all "Natural" correct?? Insurance, greater/same??
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 04:49 PM   #612
trendy26
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks my man, good to hear. Currently in the negotiation process and off to a promising start. One more question while I have your attention, I'm currently in a 2017 F80 ZCP and can honestly say that the artificial piped in sound never bothered me, CS is all "Natural" correct?? Insurance, greater/same??
I'll probably get a little roasted for this answer, but never paid much attention to the exhaust sound as I was always blasting music in my '17 M4. I'll say with the CS though, I absolutely love the sound of the exhaust, especially in Sport Plus mode which it really opens up on. I would say it's more natural sound coming in when compared to a regular M4.

As for insurance, no change really..... Should be similar to what you're currently paying for your M3
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 08:45 PM   #613
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'll probably get a little roasted for this answer, but never paid much attention to the exhaust sound as I was always blasting music in my '17 M4. I'll say with the CS though, I absolutely love the sound of the exhaust, especially in Sport Plus mode which it really opens up on. I would say it's more natural sound coming in when compared to a regular M4.

As for insurance, no change really..... Should be similar to what you're currently paying for your M3
You've been a big help, thanks again BTW, seems like every dealer that has a "CS" on the lot its SMB, I'd prefer to tone it down but then again if the price is right......
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 10:08 PM   #614
trendy26
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You've been a big help, thanks again BTW, seems like every dealer that has a "CS" on the lot its SMB, I'd prefer to tone it down but then again if the price is right......
Gotta love the color contrast on SMB when the sun hits it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DML967.50
      02-15-2020, 12:57 AM   #615
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gotta love the color contrast on SMB when the sun hits it!
Kinda "two tone" Love the color, just a lot of head turns I'm sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 01:05 AM   #616
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Pros:
Styling - the hood, rims, tail lights, spoiler, SMB

Handling - the car is so planted, stable, grip, maneuverable in corners, the most fun I've ever had in a BMW in the twisties

Power - pretty good top end for a stock BMW

Exclusivity - most exclusive version apart from GTS

Cons:
Interior - door straps, cardboard panels, non/digital climate control, alcantara (IMO) make the car look and feel cheap, I don't know what BMW was thinking, wish the M4CS had same interior as M3CS

Sound - car sounds like a lawnmower, coming from a V8 the terrible exhaust and engine are even more apparent. The backfires in sport sound nice though.

Power Delivery - unless you have sport plus mode on the car is so unresponsive, endless boost lag. With sport plus on the car is responsive but unbearably jerky in the first 3 gears (anyone know a fix?)

Packages - doesn't have all the packages of the regular M models (comfort plus). No manual? How can that be?

Neutral:
Comfort - super firm ride, seats are good for performance driving but not comfortable for drives over 50 miles.

Modability - this applies to all M4s including the CS but tune = spun crank hub so it takes the fun out of modding. I even took the plunge on a Harrop blower for my E92 M but won't be modding this car.

Overall: to me the styling and exclusivity were more important that the other considerations when I bought. I didn't want an M car like everyone else's. Then, during ownership I discovered the amazing handling and stock the car is sufficiently powerful to put a smile on my face. I can live with the downsides.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0