Euromotive Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-20-2020, 07:47 PM   #1
AlejoEvo
Private First Class
54
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

30k miles maintenance questions

I bought a 17 M3 ZCP a few weeks back. The car now have 28k miles and the 30k mile maintenance is coming soon.

I'll change everything that need to be replaced or maintained, even the ventilation microfilter. But I want to know, what other things you took in consideration when you made this maintenance? What filter you recommend. If you DYI this maintenance and that kind of stuff.

I want to keep the car in the excellent condition that I bought it as long as possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 07:11 AM   #2
gatorfast
Major General
gatorfast's Avatar
United_States
3375
Rep
6,360
Posts

Drives: 718 Cayman
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (4)

Spark plugs and engine intake filters should be part of the 30k mike service as well. Aside from using castrol 0w40 for my engine oil, everything else I use including filters is all oem.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 10:40 AM   #3
AlejoEvo
Private First Class
54
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Spark plugs and engine intake filters should be part of the 30k mike service as well. Aside from using castrol 0w40 for my engine oil, everything else I use including filters is all oem.
Any reason for changing to Castro's?

Never used Castrol before, so I don't have any experience with its products.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 12:27 PM   #4
gatorfast
Major General
gatorfast's Avatar
United_States
3375
Rep
6,360
Posts

Drives: 718 Cayman
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (4)

Just been using it for years and it's inexpensive and easy to get through Walmart or amazon. Carried the LL01 approval until recently but is still approved by every other German auto maker.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 06:14 PM   #5
AlejoEvo
Private First Class
54
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Just been using it for years and it's inexpensive and easy to get through Walmart or amazon. Carried the LL01 approval until recently but is still approved by every other German auto maker.
Thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 12:19 PM   #6
SixtyMac
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

I just joined the forum for this exact question. Thanks!

Also I noticed there are 2 different air filters labeled for cylinder bank 1 and cylinder bank 2, what does that mean? And how how do I know which air filter goes on which side?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 05:40 PM   #7
JH M3
Second Lieutenant
JH M3's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
242
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP Azurite Black
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (0)

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm in a similar position. Purchased my car CPO with about 25k miles. Anybody know what's replaced with the CPO inspection other than the oil?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 09:56 PM   #8
StanislavK82
Private
United_States
41
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Northbridge MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyMac View Post
I just joined the forum for this exact question. Thanks!

Also I noticed there are 2 different air filters labeled for cylinder bank 1 and cylinder bank 2, what does that mean? And how how do I know which air filter goes on which side?
Each filter will only fit in one side. Once you open the air boxes you'll see they only go in one way.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 05:44 PM   #9
SixtyMac
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanislavK82 View Post
Each filter will only fit in one side. Once you open the air boxes you'll see they only go in one way.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 12:28 AM   #10
SE7EN335
Captain
109
Rep
605
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Definitely change spark plugs at that mileage.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 01:27 PM   #11
AlejoEvo
Private First Class
54
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH M3 View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm in a similar position. Purchased my car CPO with about 25k miles. Anybody know what's replaced with the CPO inspection other than the oil?
This can help you!

And feel free to comment, this what communities are for, to share opinions and knowledge!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST