BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

04-01-2020, 09:36 AM   #3499
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I'll be damned.

Russia sending plane filled with medical equipment to US amid coronavirus pandemic.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rus...virus-pandemic
Good on a humanitarian level and politically.

I think we should have temporarily reduced the sanctions on Iran (I don't think we did?) when they were getting hit hard for the same reasons.
      04-01-2020, 09:45 AM   #3500
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Not really, allergies don't present the same as COVID-19. Runny nose and sneezing aren't COVID-19 symptoms.
I think they should update that chart since it's been indicated through several studies that "stomach" issues" can also be a symptom.

It's crazy. We think we have it some of it figured out...but then comes the next curve-ball.

04-01-2020, 09:49 AM   #3501
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Trump as late as Feb. 28th said it was a hoax (educated didn't believe it). March 7th he said "“Does anybody die from the flu?” I didn’t know people died from the flu —" (educated knew). Middle March he still compared it to the Flu (surrounded by experts that didn't agree). Said he would like to have us back to work on Easter (experts didn't agree). Two days ago said we would have had 2 million to 2.2 million deaths if we hadn't done anything (yet to find anyone to explain this number).

At best he is a really slow learner, another possibility is he tells us what he thinks we want to hear or what is best for his agenda.

As he continues to learn and screw up (all of the above could have been avoided if he listened to the experts around him), not sure why we shouldn't discuss it in the "Politics/Religion" section of this forum.
Why because it has been talked about over and over and over again.

Trump made mistakes we all know this and I have never said he hadn't.

Trump is making better decisions and continues to do so we should all be able to agree on both these parts right? \

He sounds like a broken record about how well this was doing and how he signed great deals blah blah blah.

They are all doing the best they can and we need to read between the lines and continue to stay home.

If you don't like his choices then don't vote for him. If I had to chose between Trump and the other two choices right now I would still chose Trump. I don't think the other two people would have done any better at handling all this. Maybe they would have said thing a little different but I don't think they would have shut out traveling like Trump did and that would have hurt us even more then Trump saying the things he said early on.
Appreciate 1
David70840.50

04-01-2020, 10:07 AM   #3502
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
numbers are old, US cases have almost doubled since then.
It wasn't much of the doomsday you were looking for?

5hat was 3/28
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 10:07 AM   #3503
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Yesterday CNN said the death rate is likely closer to .66%, I'm no fan of CNN as I believe they have lost all credibility over the last few years but the folks on the left believe them so for argument sake then lets use their numbers.

If 20% of the US population gets infected then 396,000 US deaths could be projected.

I'm making this point for a couple of reasons. I think that any loss of life because of this disease or for any other unusual cause is a tragedy. But this is what is actually happening globally right now and should be put into perspective.

I believe there are a lot of people out there arguing about a number of aspects of this outbreak and pointing fingers and assigning blame.

This is not the time for any of that. This is the time to work collaboratively to slow this disease so the loss of life can be minimized.

Peace
If you believe CNN has no credibility, why do you pay attention to it, or watch it? Your line could be used with much more veracity with Sean Hannity.
ex. I'm no fan of HANNITY as I believe he has lost all credibility over the last few years
chris7193274.00

04-01-2020, 10:09 AM   #3504
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I blame China, not Trump.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #3505
CTinline-six
Welcome to Jurassic Park
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
If you believe CNN has no credibility, why do you pay attention to it, or watch it? Your line could be used with much more veracity with Sean Hannity.
ex. I'm no fan of any news source as I believe they have all turned into click bait over the last few years and will do anything for ad revenue
Or this. Even my own local news website has turned into pages full of click bait titles and ads constantly popping up everywhere. The number of misspellings in the articles is pretty sad also.
      04-01-2020, 10:17 AM   #3506
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
ex. I'm no fan of HANNITY as I believe he has lost all credibility over the last few years
I am guilty of this too. I feel like CNN has lost all credibility, but it's the first site I visit in the day out of habit. Either way it's best to look at all sources and make your own opinions.
Appreciate 2
      04-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #3507
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
Why because it has been talked about over and over and over again.

Trump made mistakes we all know this and I have never said he hadn't.

Trump is making better decisions and continues to do so we should all be able to agree on both these parts right? \

He sounds like a broken record about how well this was doing and how he signed great deals blah blah blah.

They are all doing the best they can and we need to read between the lines and continue to stay home.

If you don't like his choices then don't vote for him. If I had to chose between Trump and the other two choices right now I would still chose Trump. I don't think the other two people would have done any better at handling all this. Maybe they would have said thing a little different but I don't think they would have shut out traveling like Trump did and that would have hurt us even more then Trump saying the things he said early on.
The above makes sense and I have no issues with it. He now seems to be listening to the experts and not giving his opinion or trying to say it isn't a big issue and we seem to be headed in the right direction. Because of the months of downplaying the problem I believe he is partly to blame on the belief that doing nothing would be a better option.

My biggest problem with the virus is I was in Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia at the end of January, beginning of February and most of the news was about what was going on in China, then got some news from the U.S. As China was being shutdown it was hard to read him saying things were under control and it was non issue. I could find no one in SE Asia that believed it was going to go great and the masks were already out (a decent part of the population wears them whenever they feel like they are getting sick or are in large crowds).

I won't vote for him but wouldn't before what I believe was a poor reaction to the virus.
      04-01-2020, 10:35 AM   #3508
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
I am guilty of this too. I feel like CNN has lost all credibility, but it's the first site I visit in the day out of habit. Either way it's best to look at all sources and make your own opinions.
Its the 5th news app I look at. Their sweet spot for me is they tend to report breaking news faster than AP, BBC, Reuters, or The Hill.
      04-01-2020, 10:39 AM   #3509
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
@MKSixer needed on Aisle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
And with that....my work is done.
I need to know EXACTLY what kind of intervention is being requested here!

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 10:39 AM   #3510
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Or this. Even my own local news website has turned into pages full of click bait titles and ads constantly popping up everywhere. The number of misspellings in the articles is pretty sad also.
I would disagree. There is still enough ethical journalism out there.
David70840.50

04-01-2020, 10:43 AM   #3511
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If it has no credibility you shouldn't believe anything it says. If you're saying some of what they report is wrong or you disagree with some of it then I completely agree. With the nature of news and reporting on everything that happens news has always had errors or too much opinion in it. If trying to have a website fully devoted to news you also have to fill it at least partly with opinions. As already said, Trump reported the 2.2 million number and giving him the benefit of the doubt it was credible information to him at the time but it seems to now have been wrong. If this is what happened I don't blame him for reporting what was incorrect information.

One of the problems I have with all news sources, or even here, is people post some facts and then put their opinions in the middle, not making it clear which are which.
      04-01-2020, 10:44 AM   #3512
Artemis
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)

Quote:
The lancet study says it nowhere near that. They are stating under 40 is averaging about 3% on hospitalization.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...243-7/fulltext
The analyzed data of the referenced study was apparently sourced approximately a month ago. The situation keeps evolving. And also be cautious with extrapolating data from populations who may have a different lifestyle impacting health conditions (see below for an explanation).

Look for example also here ("Why are so many young people being hospitalized with severe cases of coronavirus?"):
"In New York state, where there are now more confirmed coronavirus cases than in France or South Korea, nearly 54% of hospitalized coronavirus patients were between 18 and 49, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat, said Saturday [March 21]. (...)
In the U.S., people under 44 make up 20% of hospitalized coronavirus patients, according to a report published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last week. Patients under 65 accounted for nearly half of those admitted to hospital intensive-care units for COVID-19. (...)
Another piece of the puzzle: In the U.S., 18.5% (13.7 million) people between the ages of two and 19 are obese according to the CDC. That figure rises to 42.7% for all adults. When an obese person has difficulty breathing, their lungs won’t expand as much as a healthy person’s lungs, Poland said.
“You take an extremely healthy 16-year-old boy from South Korea who plays soccer and has a vegetarian diet and doesn’t do any drugs, and compare that to a 16-year-old obese type-two diabetic kid in the U.S. and you’re talking about two different ages.”"
Furthermore, remember that noticing COVID-19 unfolds with a 'delay' instead of 'in real-time' (which gives it an additional evil twist): people dying today got already infected weeks ago (at least several days ago). Confirmed cases and death statistics of today = looking into the past. Tightened measures only got imposed fairly recently in the US (some cities/regions proved more vigilant than others). But for those people who are already infected and physically at high risk of being killed by COVID-19, the measures may come too late. And those who survive, may have encountered anguish (physical struggle + fear of dying).

Also: here ("28 University of Texas students from the same spring break trip to Cabo San Lucas test positive for coronavirus and dozens more are under investigation") and here ("28 Texas spring breakers who just returned from Cabo have tested positive for the coronavirus").

Dr. Anthony Fauci issued yet another warning:
minn196905.50
chris7193274.00
dsad11112.50
VisualEcho1370.00

04-01-2020, 10:52 AM   #3513
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Several of my twins friends just got back from a spring break in Cabo. Scary.....

Last edited by Captain Blood; 04-01-2020 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 4
MKSixer22766.00
minn196905.50
Rmtt6997.50

04-01-2020, 10:56 AM   #3514
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Several of my twins freinds just got back from a spring break in Cabo. Scary.....
Really? Wow.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2020, 10:59 AM   #3515
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Several of my twins freinds just got back from a spring break in Cabo. Scary.....
I was just reading something this AM about how 70 kids from Austin chartered a flight to Mexico. 28 of them are now infected with CV-19.

https://www.kut.org/post/70-austin-s...-have-covid-19

Appreciate 1
minn196905.50

04-01-2020, 11:08 AM   #3516
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Lovely, keep it classy out there.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020...ctims-abusers/
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2020, 11:09 AM   #3517
Murf993
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911

Quote:
I don't watch it or believe it, I was looking for info and that story came up. I'm not sure if I can set my search engine to filter out Fake News.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 11:13 AM   #3518
Artemis
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
I was just reading something this AM about how 70 kids from Austin chartered a flight to Mexico. 28 of them are now infected with CV-19.
See also here ("28 University of Texas students from the same spring break trip to Cabo San Lucas test positive for coronavirus and dozens more are under investigation") and here ("28 Texas spring breakers who just returned from Cabo have tested positive for the coronavirus").
wdb2088.50

04-01-2020, 12:37 PM   #3519
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
See also here ("28 University of Texas students from the same spring break trip to Cabo San Lucas test positive for coronavirus and dozens more are under investigation") and here ("28 Texas spring breakers who just returned from Cabo have tested positive for the coronavirus").
The good news is that so far none of them needed to be hospitalized.

I can't refute coumos percentages, and I don't beleive he is lying, but something seems sketchy about 54% of people in NY hospitals for COVID-19 are under 49.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 12:50 PM   #3520
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post

...and 100% have norovirus and gonorrhea.
Appreciate 6
minn196905.50
Murf9931860.50
UncleWede9498.50
quick6553.50
Dagamus_NM1197.00