Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #133
Viking123
Private First Class
Viking123's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
189
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
... I don't know if you have driven automatics in the snow, but that's just hell. I'm a control freak, speed comes second.
OK, that does it. Almost no one else got my issue with DCT in snow that I asked and asked about before. Lups does. Now I am absolutely finally and happily back in the manual transmission camp. My original order reinstated: YMB, manual, cloth, HK, adaptive suspension, 19" rims.

Riiight... You just want to get 2 more MPG and you are hiding behind this snow excuse. We are on to you
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #134
stressdoc
Moderator
stressdoc's Avatar
Dominica
471
Rep
10,667
Posts

Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Waco TX

iTrader: (0)

There is tons of good white stuff up in the mountains, no need to cross the border.
Oh ego my coffee is so huge...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #135
stressdoc
Moderator
stressdoc's Avatar
Dominica
471
Rep
10,667
Posts

Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Waco TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking123 View Post
Riiight... You just want to get 2 more MPG and you are hiding behind this snow excuse. We are on to you
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #136
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11078
Rep
15,356
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking123 View Post
Riiight... You just want to get 2 more MPG and you are hiding behind this snow excuse. We are on to you
Yeah, all of us are not from Norway, I need to save the pennies!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #137
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11078
Rep
15,356
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
There is tons of good white stuff up in the mountains, no need to cross the border.
Oh ego my coffee is so huge...
I keep forgetting those. I can see the outlines from my window, and I still keep forgetting them. Okay, mountains it is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #138
Viking123
Private First Class
Viking123's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
189
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking123 View Post
Riiight... You just want to get 2 more MPG and you are hiding behind this snow excuse. We are on to you
Yeah, all of us are not from Norway, I need to save the pennies!
And don't forget, we could just walk down to the coast and scoop up some crude oil whenever we wanted

(Ahem, the real truth is that gas is over $10/gallon and a Ford Fiesta 1.1 liter is considered a decent car)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #139
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11078
Rep
15,356
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking123 View Post
And don't forget, we could just walk down to the coast and scoop up some crude oil whenever we wanted

(Ahem, the real truth is that gas is over $10/gallon and a Ford Fiesta 1.1 liter is considered a decent car)
Haha, same in Finland. We really won the jackpot ��
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #140
bmw-nj
Captain
bmw-nj's Avatar
United_States
78
Rep
700
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335 xdrive M sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

iTrader: (1)

And what's wrong with the 911 S?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #141
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11078
Rep
15,356
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-nj View Post
And what's wrong with the 911 S?
I have eyes.

No, I know, many like the looks of Porsche's but I don't. I have tried to learn that, since with one, I would have had a car for the last 4 months already, instead of waiting and bitching about the Q awful I'm now confined into.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #142
Ragged Edge
Second Lieutenant
Ragged Edge's Avatar
Canada
208
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: ED '15F80gone, ...'16F80
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CYVR

iTrader: (0)

Lups,
It has become blatantly obvious to me (and most likely everyone else), that you are the only sane person on this forum. So, could you explain to me why people are so keen on the P cars over the Lotus Exige? I mean, I have tried too, but I just don't find the splattered bug effect attractive. I am probably being a little harsh with Porsche, but the Lotus is far more attractive, agile, and track oriented. Their reliability is good now, just a little minimalist inside.
Nomex on. ;-)
Hope you've had your pint of java.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #143
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11078
Rep
15,356
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Lups,
It has become blatantly obvious to me (and most likely everyone else), that you are the only sane person on this forum. So, could you explain to me why people are so keen on the P cars over the Lotus Exige? I mean, I have tried too, but I just don't find the splattered bug effect attractive. I am probably being a little harsh with Porsche, but the Lotus is far more attractive, agile, and track oriented. Their reliability is good now, just a little minimalist inside.
Nomex on. ;-)
Hope you've had your pint of java.
I have to start by saying, that females everywhere can tell you flattery never works, but since I'm mainly male anyway by character, my view differ in this too. Thank you, and just for you to keep you good impression, don't read what I write. If the language used resembles English every once in a while, the shitty quality of input surely guns it down.

Man, If I had a dollar every time a Porsche drives me insane here, I would be rich. They are in my experience the slowest things on the roads, and while I do like most of the sounds they make, only thing in my mind is the evil will to go and ask them have they no sense of style. I can understand aerodynamics enough to know why bits and pieces are like they are, but for crying out loud, even minivans are more on the looker side than they are. The fat ass @Sedan_Clan always goes on about looks like the one I face in the mirror: yes, the down hill is steep, and some day I don't have to sit down to get well supported seating.

Lotuses on the other hand are ugly fuckers. They have style, and even if I don't agree with all of the solutions, they are striking. I just drooled over an Exige in the dog park, and as I said, mostly I could pin point what went wrong, the all in all look just fucking works. If I was more of a mechanic, I would get one.

Now, Sedan, when you try to come up with a counter rant, do me a favor and remember, that you would look so sad in one of those, since even if I appreciate your affection for style and using the word style, this is real world. No Cali hippie bull shit.

The usual disclaimer is now replaced with a Foster one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:15 AM   #144
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5210
Rep
16,061
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I have to start by saying, that females everywhere can tell you flattery never works, but since I'm mainly male anyway by character, my view differ in this too. Thank you, and just for you to keep you good impression, don't read what I write. If the language used resembles English every once in a while, the shitty quality of input surely guns it down.

Man, If I had a dollar every time a Porsche drives me insane here, I would be rich. They are in my experience the slowest things on the roads, and while I do like most of the sounds they make, only thing in my mind is the evil will to go and ask them have they no sense of style. I can understand aerodynamics enough to know why bits and pieces are like they are, but for crying out loud, even minivans are more on the looker side than they are. The fat ass @Sedan_Clan always goes on about looks like the one I face in the mirror: yes, the down hill is steep, and some day I don't have to sit down to get well supported seating.

Lotuses on the other hand are ugly fuckers. They have style, and even if I don't agree with all of the solutions, they are striking. I just drooled over an Exige in the dog park, and as I said, mostly I could pin point what went wrong, the all in all look just fucking works. If I was more of a mechanic, I would get one.

Now, Sedan, when you try to come up with a counter rant, do me a favor and remember, that you would look so sad in one of those, since even if I appreciate your affection for style and using the word style, this is real world. No Cali hippie bull shit.

The usual disclaimer is now replaced with a Foster one.
I have come to the conclusion that both you and Ragged Edge need to acquire glasses, for the squat, buggy, wide assed look of the Porsche is just pure sensation on wheels. Now, the Lotus......that ugly, detestable little Lotus, is not of the same caliber as Stuttgart's finest. They are not striking. An Aston is striking. A Lotus causes an odd grimace.

I have style. I am a style king. Style king's drive Porsches (..or BMW's when they can't afford Porsches ).

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 06-07-2014 at 12:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:20 AM   #145
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11078
Rep
15,356
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Clan, you don't.

Ragged, for get that old geezer, let's stay on the light side of the seeing people, and not go to the eye decease listings to find a proper one to purchase one.

Clan, My eyesight is perfect, hence the hate. You on the other hand need to use those eye sight enhancers. Except of course when you meet me on the road, I never did speed what ever your radar says. I'm innocent! I even do the face of an innocent!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #146
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5210
Rep
16,061
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Clan, you don't.

Ragged, for get that old geezer, let's stay on the light side of the seeing people, and not go to the eye decease listings to find a proper one to purchase one.

Clan, My eyesight is perfect, hence the hate. You on the other hand need to use those eye sight enhancers. Except of course when you meet me on the road, I never did speed what ever your radar says. I'm innocent! I even do the face of an innocent!
No red shirt, no care!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #147
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11078
Rep
15,356
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
No red shirt, no care!
Yeah, the green I'm wearing now works just as fine. I even proposed to my SB boy again, and this time he didn't shoot me down! Okay, rolled his eyes and walked away, but I'm getting there!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:29 AM   #148
Ragged Edge
Second Lieutenant
Ragged Edge's Avatar
Canada
208
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: ED '15F80gone, ...'16F80
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CYVR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I have to start by saying, that females everywhere can tell you flattery never works, but since I'm mainly male anyway by character, my view differ in this too. Thank you, and just for you to keep you good impression, don't read what I write. If the language used resembles English every once in a while, the shitty quality of input surely guns it down.

Man, If I had a dollar every time a Porsche drives me insane here, I would be rich. They are in my experience the slowest things on the roads, and while I do like most of the sounds they make, only thing in my mind is the evil will to go and ask them have they no sense of style. I can understand aerodynamics enough to know why bits and pieces are like they are, but for crying out loud, even minivans are more on the looker side than they are. The fat ass @Sedan_Clan always goes on about looks like the one I face in the mirror: yes, the down hill is steep, and some day I don't have to sit down to get well supported seating.

Lotuses on the other hand are ugly fuckers. They have style, and even if I don't agree with all of the solutions, they are striking. I just drooled over an Exige in the dog park, and as I said, mostly I could pin point what went wrong, the all in all look just fucking works. If I was more of a mechanic, I would get one.

Now, Sedan, when you try to come up with a counter rant, do me a favor and remember, that you would look so sad in one of those, since even if I appreciate your affection for style and using the word style, this is real world. No Cali hippie bull shit.

The usual disclaimer is now replaced with a Foster one.

Legitimate LOL!! Somehow I knew you would slap back!! great post... and I have no intention of trying to flatter you... I have read far too many of your posts and realize it cannot be done. But to be fair, your comments are FAR more entertaining than anyone else's... NO flattery intended... merely fact. But I wonder what you were doing drooling around a doggie park... never-mind... I'll would rather not know! (my imagination is better than reality).
In any case, I got the answer to what I was wondering... Lotus may not be as reliable... and looks are subjective.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:32 AM   #149
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5210
Rep
16,061
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Yeah, the green I'm wearing now works just as fine. I even proposed to my SB boy again, and this time he didn't shoot me down! Okay, rolled his eyes and walked away, but I'm getting there!

Try again! Persistence pays off. I'll call Lens Crafter's for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:35 AM   #150
Ragged Edge
Second Lieutenant
Ragged Edge's Avatar
Canada
208
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: ED '15F80gone, ...'16F80
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CYVR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I have come to the conclusion that both you and Ragged Edge need to acquire glasses, for the squat, buggy, wide assed look of the Porsche is just pure sensation on wheels. Now, the Lotus......that ugly, detestable little Lotus, is not of the same caliber as Stuttgart's finest. They are not striking. An Aston is striking. A Lotus causes an odd grimace.

I have style. I am a style king. Style king's drive Porsches (..or BMW's when they can't afford Porsches ).
Gotta agree with your view on Aston... 'cause they were always a looker, but Porsche started out looking horrid! Gotta agree they have improved... slightly, but they truly were squished bugs up until a few years ago.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:35 AM   #151
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11078
Rep
15,356
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Legitimate LOL!! Somehow I knew you would slap back!! great post... and I have no intention of trying to flatter you... I have read far too many of your posts and realize it cannot be done. But to be fair, your comments are FAR more entertaining than anyone else's... NO flattery intended... merely fact. But I wonder what you were doing drooling around a doggie park... never-mind... I'll would rather not know! (my imagination is better than reality).
In any case, I got the answer to what I was wondering... Lotus may not be as reliable... and looks are subjective.
Haha, the parking lot of the Marymoor dog park here is the shit. I've seen a lot of really rare beauties there, and I can honestly say I don't mind the tiny leaking issue from my mouth when I meet an owner of one who actually is excited about his car.

I end up walking away pissed every time, but I have to give to the population of this dull village, they do tend to make my day in a occasion.

This is a forum full of people chasing their youth back, and enthusiasts going on an on and on about a tenth of a second, it really is not hard to stand out!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:37 AM   #152
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11078
Rep
15,356
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Gotta agree with your view on Aston... 'cause they were always a looker, but Porsche started out looking horrid! Gotta agree they have improved... slightly, but they truly were squished bugs up until a few years ago.
Let's not kiss his sorry ass, he knows Aston is a no brain pick to use. He's just trying to point out, that if he has eyes (I doubt it), he has used them once.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:50 AM   #153
Ragged Edge
Second Lieutenant
Ragged Edge's Avatar
Canada
208
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: ED '15F80gone, ...'16F80
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CYVR

iTrader: (0)

Perkele, and I thought my flattery would be a safe bet as a newbie!! The abrasive, crass, real me is ok here then... yes Sedan needs to get his eyes checked... and so will I, as I keep changing my mind about choosing an M3 or the effing 4.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:55 AM   #154
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5210
Rep
16,061
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Let's not kiss his sorry ass, he knows Aston is a no brain pick to use. He's just trying to point out, that if he has eyes (I doubt it), he has used them once.
I just recognize style, and the Aston is style manifested. The Porsche, however, matches my rugged good looks and charm. If the pictures below doesn't whet the appetite, I will assume that you have no taste buds:




Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST