proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

02-28-2019, 10:40 AM   #1
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

Any experience with Falken Azenis FK510?

Hellllloo all,

Did some searching on the forums but didn't find much on these tires. I am going to my first HPDE, and would like to avoid getting a dedicated wheel/tire set for the track until I figure out if HPDE is for me or not..

Anyone have any experience running the 666 wheels with FALKEN AZENIS FK510? I thought they could be the tires I start off with just for the track since they are 1/2 the price of Michelins.

Another route is to just bite the bullet and run with my PS4S for my first HPDE, but they already have about 11k miles on them.

I'd like to keep my costs low for my first HPDE, I don't want to be $2-3k deep and find out I hate it(which is doubtful, but still)

Any input or advice is much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 08:23 PM   #2
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ano0oj View Post
Hellllloo all,

Did some searching on the forums but didn't find much on these tires. I am going to my first HPDE, and would like to avoid getting a dedicated wheel/tire set for the track until I figure out if HPDE is for me or not..

Anyone have any experience running the 666 wheels with FALKEN AZENIS FK510? I thought they could be the tires I start off with just for the track since they are 1/2 the price of Michelins.

Another route is to just bite the bullet and run with my PS4S for my first HPDE, but they already have about 11k miles on them.

I'd like to keep my costs low for my first HPDE, I don't want to be $2-3k deep and find out I hate it(which is doubtful, but still)

Any input or advice is much appreciated!
I'd drive the current tires into the ground before getting a fresh set.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 09:13 PM   #3
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Go with your existing tires.

If you want other tires, get 200tw autocross competition tires like Re71r
Appreciate 0