R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

03-18-2019, 05:08 PM   #1
TulaneAg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT Tanzanite Blue

COTA March 29-31st

I have a 981 Boxster S that I usually track at PCA events at MSR Houston and COTA. I bought a Tanzanite Blue 2015 M4 last September w/ 24k miles to use as a DD. I tried the M4 twice at AutoX last fall and finally gave up. Compared to my Boxster it's just so hard to get a decent time out of the M4... But when the COTA solo/advanced DE came up this year I couldn't resist trying out the M4 and it's high HP & torque on the big track. I figured we'll get to know each other over 3 solid days of track time.

So getting the M4 ready for COTA, I've done the following:

1. Bought Rennline folding tow hooks for front and rear.
2. Changed oil & filter.
3. Switched to Castrol SRF brake fluid.
4. Bought a set of Powerstop Track day brake pads.
5. Bought a set of MPSS 295's for the rear and moved the stock 275's to the front.
6. 4 wheel alignment maxing front neg. camber with stock suspension.

That's about all I'm going to do until I figure out if I want to keep running this car at DE events or revert back to the 981 BS. I just picked it up Saturday from the shop, but so far the car feels really solid on the extra rubber. Regardless of whether I keep tracking it or not I think I'm going to keep the wider tires on it. And they look right too. The stock 255/275 setup looks too stretched imho.

Any recommendations on final hot pressures for the MPSS to try and keep them from greasing up on me too bad? I've read all the threads about fuel starvation so that's on my radar. Anything else I should be cognizant of you guys can think of?
Appreciate 0