GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

11-05-2018, 10:28 AM   #23
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuit1 View Post
people park next to you to mess with you on purpose.
This is the truth lol
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 10:33 AM   #24
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Definitely a "dude" magnet car and car enthusiast car!

When I first bought my car, it was at the beginning of the M3/4 life (April/May 2015). I was driving around and parked on the street somewhere and a couple was walking by. College aged dude and his gf - convo went like this.

Dude: "Woah, babe, look at that sweet M3, what a car!"

Gift: *shrugs* "Well, I guess it's a nice BMW, pretty grey color"

Dude: "No, babe, it's an M3, you just wouldn't get it."

However, similar to what Falafel Combo mentioned; probably the compliment that made me smile the most was when I had just parked at the grocery store and hadn't rolled my window up yet. A family was walking by that had also just parked, and the son, couldn't have been older than 8-10 years old just blurted out "daddy, daddy, look; that's really the kind of car that I want when I grow up" as they walked by.

All of that being said, however, I love driving my friends, dates, colleagues, etc. around, and I would say that 95% of the women I've driven, whether it be home after a date or just friends going out to dinner, have all fallen in love with the car. At the outset, it's just another "pretty BMW," but once they're actually in the car... whole different story!

Also... per the OP, it seems like you were being facetious and really saying that it was a "chick" magnet because no matter where you park, someone else will end up parking next to you. - I have found the same thing; it's definitely annoying, especially when I go out of my way to park out of the way...!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #25
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Mine is a dust magnet. And depending on the season it is a pollen magnet, a pine needle magnet or a leaf magnet.
And occasionally a snow and ice magnet.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 11-05-2018 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 2
GGG333603.50
sabrina493.50
      11-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #26
NoMoreAudi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86

Garage List
2019 X6M  [0.00]
Some women have a very good eye and can notice subtle changes on bodywork that performance trims carry. The best interior designers I've had were female and they paid great attention to detail. Then you have the girls who can't distinguish if your car is gas powered or electric, and they even ask you if your car is faster than a Prius.
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #27
pursuit1
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

My gal hates it, it makes her parts bounce to much. I dont mind though.
Appreciate 5
      11-05-2018, 02:21 PM   #28
Zayzel
IG: @Zayzel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Atlantis Metallic M3

You sound like a writer. I would definitely read a short story written by you about my M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
First, I think it is helpful in these threads to distinguish from the outset between a "chick" magnet and a "gold digger" magnet car.

For example:

Convertible VW bug, Mercedes vert, mini cooper = chick magnet cars. Women view these subsets of vehicles as "cute", understandably so.

Porsche, BMW X5, RangeRover = gold digger magnet. They know you have alimony money.

Fortunately for us, an M3/M4 is neither.

An M3 is a hard-on magnet. It's a boy toy. You'll get a lot of compliments and stares from 14-year-old boys waiting for a school bus, or the Subaru WRX crowd, ricers, gearheads and 18-20 year-old "dudes" at the gym, so on and so forth.

That's about it. No chicks. Because the reality is, to everyone else -your neighbors, co-workers, fellow commuters- your car just looks like a cool white/black/red/insert color "BMW".

Personally, the best compliment I've ever received (well, second best) came from a 10-12 year old boy riding in the back seat of his moms Subaru wagon. Didn't even say a word.

I was getting on the gas (sport mode) in my manual transmission Austin Yellow M3, when I overtook his moms Subaru from the right lane. He was in the back seat on the passenger side, so our windows were facing each other at this point. You could see his neck slowly snap back, his eyes getting bigger, trying to make sense of this shiny gold presence approaching from the corner of his eye. Then the following 2-3 seconds must have felt like an hour. I could see his eyes fixated on my rear wheels, his jaw slowly dropping. And I could see him mouth the word "WOAAHH!!", as he slowly straightened his back, sitting up in his seat.

Then we made eye contact, briefly, and we had a moment. We seemed to communicate something very special back an forth. I know, it sounds weird. But I think what he was telling me was something like "go faster, make it louder!!!" It was that kind of mischevious smile he had on his face. And sure enough, I grinned and downshifted. The rev match kicked in right as my 4 exhaust outlets had to be mere inches from his passenger window. In my rear view mirror I saw him standing in his seat, stretching the seatbelt as far as he could to get another peek at the rear end of my M3 as I pulled away. My rear end kicked out ever so slightly, as M3s do so well on WOT, and I saw him literally screaming to his mom and pointing frantically at my car as I pulled away several car lengths in a matter of seconds. Pointing to my car as if to say "MOM, that's the car I've always been telling you about! I want that car when I grow up!!!".

That, that is the magic of an M3. It's an emotional thing. It's visceral. It's aspirational. For some out there, it is a car they may never be able to afford. It may be a car that they have loved for so long but is barely out of reach. It can be someone who is driving a GTI and thinking "man if I just work a little bit harder for a little longer, I can someday have that M3!".

For some kids (me), it was everything. Always will be.

2018 F80 Atlantis Metallic DCT | ZCP | MS Springs | 20" Custom Vorsteiner VFN 512 | OEM CF Lip + Splitters | Injen Intake | EAS CF Seatbacks + Individual iND custom striping | OEM V2 Steering Wheel + custom trim | Pedal Haus | Remus Exhaust + AA Midpipe
IG: @Zayzel

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #29
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreezenovel View Post
I suppose it depends on where you live, with the Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, AM, and 4 Porsche dealers with 15 miles of my house, the M is just another BMW to 99% of the people.
No one really cares here in CA.

In fact many of my colleagues thought I drove a base model car since it had cloth seats and no sunroof. I never bothered to correct them
Appreciate 1
SherM4n630.00
      11-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #30
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreezenovel View Post
I suppose it depends on where you live, with the Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, AM, and 4 Porsche dealers with 15 miles of my house, the M is just another BMW to 99% of the people.
No one really cares here in CA.

In fact many of my colleagues thought I drove a base model car since it had cloth seats and no sunroof. I never bothered to correct them
LA cares enough.

You have two different spectrums here. Those in a Toyota/Honda or German/European then the Tesla ppl. The ones who know their cars in LA, you can tell by what they drive. (Not Prius drivers.)

Then there are the really rich ppl that wrap their G36 AMG in pink for the hell of it.
      11-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #31
Tall Tom Cruise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMGCFP View Post
This. Kids are always looking at the car with their heads out the window. 16-24 year old boys.

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #32
eRocks
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 AW/MT/ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
It's not just you.

I swear I'm not making this up. I pulled into this parking lot when it was completely empty and parked as far from the front door as possible.

I left ONE space between me and the curb...
This guy needs a high five.
In the face.
With a chair.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #33
Nomana
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Can you believe it?
Went to midnight cinema, drove all the way to the top where no one in the lot.

Walked out and saw this
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
SherM4n630.00
GGG333603.50
Jimbooo597.50
      11-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #34
khanyam4
Ring Leader of G8X Trolls
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuit1 View Post
people park next to you to mess with you on purpose.
Absolutely they're a fckin a hole to begin with and they're just trolling knowing you went out of your way to safe guard your car.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #35
khanyam4
Ring Leader of G8X Trolls
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomana View Post
Can you believe it?

Walked out and saw this
of course
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #36
Thegreat4
Rep
Drives: 17 f80 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
First, I think it is helpful in these threads to distinguish from the outset between a "chick" magnet and a "gold digger" magnet car.

For example:

Convertible VW bug, Mercedes vert, mini cooper = chick magnet cars. Women view these subsets of vehicles as "cute", understandably so.

Porsche, BMW X5, RangeRover = gold digger magnet. They know you have alimony money.

Fortunately for us, an M3/M4 is neither.

An M3 is a hard-on magnet. It's a boy toy. You'll get a lot of compliments and stares from 14-year-old boys waiting for a school bus, or the Subaru WRX crowd, ricers, gearheads and 18-20 year-old "dudes" at the gym, so on and so forth.

That's about it. No chicks. Because the reality is, to everyone else -your neighbors, co-workers, fellow commuters- your car just looks like a cool white/black/red/insert color "BMW".

Personally, the best compliment I've ever received (well, second best) came from a 10-12 year old boy riding in the back seat of his moms Subaru wagon. Didn't even say a word.

I was getting on the gas (sport mode) in my manual transmission Austin Yellow M3, when I overtook his moms Subaru from the right lane. He was in the back seat on the passenger side, so our windows were facing each other at this point. You could see his neck slowly snap back, his eyes getting bigger, trying to make sense of this shiny gold presence approaching from the corner of his eye. Then the following 2-3 seconds must have felt like an hour. I could see his eyes fixated on my rear wheels, his jaw slowly dropping. And I could see him mouth the word "WOAAHH!!", as he slowly straightened his back, sitting up in his seat.

Then we made eye contact, briefly, and we had a moment. We seemed to communicate something very special back an forth. I know, it sounds weird. But I think what he was telling me was something like "go faster, make it louder!!!" It was that kind of mischevious smile he had on his face. And sure enough, I grinned and downshifted. The rev match kicked in right as my 4 exhaust outlets had to be mere inches from his passenger window. In my rear view mirror I saw him standing in his seat, stretching the seatbelt as far as he could to get another peek at the rear end of my M3 as I pulled away. My rear end kicked out ever so slightly, as M3s do so well on WOT, and I saw him literally screaming to his mom and pointing frantically at my car as I pulled away several car lengths in a matter of seconds. Pointing to my car as if to say "MOM, that's the car I've always been telling you about! I want that car when I grow up!!!".

That, that is the magic of an M3. It's an emotional thing. It's visceral. It's aspirational. For some out there, it is a car they may never be able to afford. It may be a car that they have loved for so long but is barely out of reach. It can be someone who is driving a GTI and thinking "man if I just work a little bit harder for a little longer, I can someday have that M3!".

For some kids (me), it was everything. Always will be.

This story was epic haha!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 10:10 PM   #37
yayaya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi E92 N55

No, it's more like a 10 year old "rev it" magnet. Also, an old guys will stare at your wheels magnet.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #38
bmrwrld
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaSenbei View Post
I get nods of approval or thumbs up from men (I'm female). I know I'm always checking out an M when I see one on the road.
I did one time have a woman pull up next to me while I was in my M5 with a huge smile on her face. She saw me and then quickly averted her eyes.
Chicks driving M's, I love it.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 03:29 PM   #39
bmrwrld
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomana View Post
Can you believe it?

Walked out and saw this
LOL Classic
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 05:26 PM   #40
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
It's not just you.

I swear I'm not making this up. I pulled into this parking lot when it was completely empty and parked as far from the front door as possible.

I left ONE space between me and the curb...
That person was DEFINITLY messing with you. You parking way out there means says "hey I am anal about my car" For a person who likes to mess with people that is like "the Holy Grail" cause they know it will irritate you til no end.
      11-07-2018, 11:22 PM   #41
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaSenbei View Post
I get nods of approval or thumbs up from men (I'm female). I know I'm always checking out an M when I see one on the road.
I did one time have a woman pull up next to me while I was in my M5 with a huge smile on her face. She saw me and then quickly averted her eyes.
      11-08-2018, 08:59 AM   #42
summilux
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 MG & 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
No... it's a guy magnet.

I am not joking either.
According to my wife this is very true. In gas stations they're like "Wow! And it's stick too!!". She never gets this kind of attention when she is in the Macan GTS, even though the Macan is bright red and the F80 is MG.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #43
dsmclark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4 Clubsport

were I live I'm just off the high street in my town (main/state street if you're American lol) and had a father and his two sons, probably about 12 and 14, walk down the small alleyway where I park to look at my M3.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 09:27 AM   #44
scott13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 | BSM | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM5NYC View Post
That person was DEFINITLY messing with you. You parking way out there means says "hey I am anal about my car" For a person who likes to mess with people that is like "the Holy Grail" cause they know it will irritate you til no end.
Indeed. Mission accomplished on their part.
Appreciate 0