ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

11-07-2018, 11:04 PM   #1
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

Anyone bought anything from Status Gruppe?

Just thought I would share my experience which I wasn't expecting.

I ordered a full CF front lip for my M4 on the 7th August and I paid in full. Today is the 11th of November and I still have not received my front lip.

After a few emails to 'Mike' who continually told me the factory was behind schedule, it was only me chasing him to get any actual information. Each time, it was always the same old story. Another week, another week.

Finally, I had enough. I asked for a refund as I was sick of waiting. No reply. Sent another email, again no reply. I tried calling them, no answer. I gave it one last shot and said that I will be chasing it up with my credit card company if they don't give me a full refund and still no reply.

So now I am thinking of the worst and that they have gone bust and I am unlikely to get my money back. Has anyone else dealt with them lately? Either way I have contacted my credit car company about this, but I guess next time I should do some research about who I am buying from. In all my years buying from US vendors, I've never had any issue before.
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 12:27 AM   #2
yocubed
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G83 M4

Garage List
2022 G83 M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attuale View Post

I ordered a full CF front lip for my M4 on the 7th August and I paid in full. Today is the 11th of November and I still have not received my front lip.

After a few emails to 'Mike' who continually told me the factory was behind schedule, it was only me chasing him to get any actual information. Each time, it was always the same old story. Another week, another week.

Finally, I had enough. I asked for a refund as I was sick of waiting. No reply. Sent another email, again no reply. I tried calling them, no answer. I gave it one last shot and said that I will be chasing it up with my credit card company if they don't give me a full refund and still no reply.

So now I am thinking of the worst and that they have gone bust and I am unlikely to get my money back. Has anyone else dealt with them lately? Either way I have contacted my credit car company about this, but I guess next time I should do some research about who I am buying from. In all my years buying from US vendors, I've never had any issue before.
I've bought plenty of things from Mike and the Status Gruppe guys. Yes the turn around time is slow depending on the item but Mike has always been responsive to my questions /inquiries. In one instance, on a CF lip I ordered Mike noticed an area of clear coat failure and had them prioritize a completely new lip to be fabricated before sending it out and kept me updated with the delay. I've probably placed a half dozen orders over the years and never had an issue besides the turn around time. Them not answering calls or emails is completely different from my experiences.

Mike is a sponsor on the forums so you could try to PM him or DM him on Instagram as he's pretty active on there too.

Sorry this happened to you but that's totally not how my interactions with SG have been.

Appreciate 1
      11-08-2018, 05:54 PM   #3
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Someone said they moved in the new facility?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 06:07 PM   #4
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
They were great with me.
      11-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #5
whitedc5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f82

Emailed and PM'd them about their exhaust last month. Never received a reply.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 08:41 PM   #6
jmr0311
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' G82Cx Velvet Blue

I end up cancelling an order for a rear spoiler for my M3 because of the very slow delivery time but I did received a full refund.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 11:18 PM   #7
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yocubed View Post
I've bought plenty of things from Mike and the Status Gruppe guys. Yes the turn around time is slow depending on the item but Mike has always been responsive to my questions /inquiries. In one instance, on a CF lip I ordered Mike noticed an area of clear coat failure and had them prioritize a completely new lip to be fabricated before sending it out and kept me updated with the delay. I've probably placed a half dozen orders over the years and never had an issue besides the turn around time. Them not answering calls or emails is completely different from my experiences.

Mike is a sponsor on the forums so you could try to PM him or DM him on Instagram as he's pretty active on there too.

Sorry this happened to you but that's totally not how my interactions with SG have been.
I've pm'd, I've emailed. They've gone completely silent and I'm three months with no front lip and my money has been taken. I appreciate that there can be delays as I run a business myself, but I am always in communication with my clients and if they email me, I email them back. That simple.

I'm happy to wait, but the fact that they don't even reply anymore is just BS.
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 01:23 AM   #8
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

I have for an exhaust. I will say this and hopefully for you, this will work. DM him on instagram. Seems that is one of the more steady lines of communication.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #9
pmooiweer
Zymurgist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
I have for an exhaust. I will say this and hopefully for you, this will work. DM him on instagram. Seems that is one of the more steady lines of communication.
You could also PM them at Status Gruppe MNF on this forum. I've bought from them in the past and have received excellent customer service.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 02:14 PM   #10
mardibob
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

I had to wait 5 months. Much longer than originally told. Just call them that works better. Not ideal but no hard feelings from me as I wanted the item and was able to speak to them from time to time.

Next time I'd just ask about specific inventory status before buying anything from anyone.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 01:45 AM   #11
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

In this day and age of Amazon.com, this is straight bush league.
      11-11-2018, 02:17 AM   #12
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

they just sent me some new screws for a front lip(which i ordered through them) I never installed....spoiler alert the lip is still not installed, been collecting dust for a year
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 06:08 AM   #13
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardibob View Post
I had to wait 5 months. Much longer than originally told. Just call them that works better. Not ideal but no hard feelings from me as I wanted the item and was able to speak to them from time to time.

Next time I'd just ask about specific inventory status before buying anything from anyone.
You're more patient than me. Like I said, if I had some sort of communication but they don't return emails or PMs. I might try DM on Instagram as others have suggested.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 05:25 AM   #14
chetman7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

I ordered their upper CF splitter about 5 weeks ago from a third party. I called the company asking for an update. States they have made multiple attempts to get in contact with status gruppe over the past couple of weeks and have had no return call.
I was quoted 1-2 weeks.
I know these parts are made to order but at least get back to your distributors. Not confidence inspiring that they haven't been able to get a call back from them.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 05:46 PM   #15
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetman7 View Post
I ordered their upper CF splitter about 5 weeks ago from a third party. I called the company asking for an update. States they have made multiple attempts to get in contact with status gruppe over the past couple of weeks and have had no return call.
I was quoted 1-2 weeks.
I know these parts are made to order but at least get back to your distributors. Not confidence inspiring that they haven't been able to get a call back from them.
I'm chasing it up with my credit company because I am fearing the worst unfortunately..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 07:37 PM   #16
avex8
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 m3, 15 F80 M3, GLC 63

Weird he didn't reply to you. He always answers to my text and call, I know he just moved out of his shop and he got a newborn. I went to his house last week and he helped me with coding, and exhaust. All his stuff are made to order, I waited 4 months for his full exhaust lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 07:41 PM   #17
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex8 View Post
Weird he didn't reply to you. He always answers to my text and call, I know he just moved out of his shop and he got a newborn. I went to his house last week and he helped me with coding, and exhaust. All his stuff are made to order, I waited 4 months for his full exhaust lol.
If you see him, can you tell him to contact me? I want the lip but I just want to be kept in the loop. That's the worst thing as a client. No communication = Fearing the worst.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #18
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

wcw ordered from them with payment and I think eventually cancelled after waiting for a long time (months?).
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #19
Status Gruppe MNF
Captain
Rep
Drives: 03.5 M3 / 2015 M3 Individual

Quote:
If you see him, can you tell him to contact me? I want the lip but I just want to be kept in the loop. That's the worst thing as a client. No communication = Fearing the worst.
PLease give us a text or call. emails have been in and out for weeks. Also w moved out of our building last couple of weeks and its really slowed us down. I will make sure we take care of you. lots of changes happening with us and all for the good. We will make a post to let everyone know very soon
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 10:44 PM   #20
Status Gruppe MNF
Captain
Rep
Drives: 03.5 M3 / 2015 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Should be the other way around! You should call, text him...
we do not have a contact number for him.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 12:50 AM   #21
pzz67
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 bmw m3

Quote:

Made my purchase via their website and paid with PayPal.
After many weeks of waiting and contacting the company who actually produced the item, was told that the order hadn’t even been passed to the manufacturer. I had to open up a case and got refund straight away.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 06:45 AM   #22
chetman7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

After 2 months . ...just filed a dispute through my cc company.
I wouldn't have done it, but communication was non existent
Appreciate 0