Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

12-20-2018, 06:23 AM   #45
SMGCFP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 M4 '23 G05 x40i MSport

Looked at the site. Now wondering if this has some hate crime element to it.
Appreciate 1
M3OW!373.00
      12-20-2018, 06:31 AM   #46
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMGCFP View Post
Maybe I don't get what's happening here, but when I start my car it is quite loud, but after 30 seconds it gets quiet(er). Either way, I'm sure the town has some sort of noise ordinance (like lawn mowing before 8am, or after 8pm) and the car wouldn't even approach the decibel level of a lawn mower.

This neighbor never lived in a dorm in college, or in an apartment apparently. What you're describing here doesn't approach the level of excessive. Now I'm going to watch the video.

I'd get my gun permit if I were you. This guy seems unstable.
He actually lived in a town house six years ago. We found a police report where his old neighbor called the police out because she felt harassed by him banging his hands on their mutual wall for her to quiet down.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 06:33 AM   #47
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMGCFP View Post
Looked at the site. Now wondering if this has some hate crime element to it.
A lot of people (including us) are wondering the same thing. He wasn’t charged with a hate crime in this case.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 06:35 AM   #48
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
wow thats nuts, feel for you OP. sounds like you have yourself a real winner next door. Hopefully things get better but def dont sacrifice your love for the car to please someone who seems to be having other issues they are battling

I have DPs and full evo and I usually leave most mornings really early. I actually close the valves (valve controller) start the car and immediately roll out of my garage and out of my neighborhood and its actually not that loud at all TBH. I think the problem people have is they sit with the car idling and thats the loud part. I think if you get a valve controller, close the valves (believe it or not they open on start up which is why you get that loud grunt on cold start) and slowly leave immediately (as manual states) you may not be too loud for everyone who is bothered by the noise.
Thanks he’s the only one who complained. We asked all the other nearby neighbors and they all tell us it doesn’t bother them.

I always loved the M3 convertibles since I could drive. I love my M4 convertible and will never give it up!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10809.50
      12-20-2018, 06:54 AM   #49
jdarwin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Convertible BSM DCT

OP - good luck! Attempting to deal with unreasonable people in a reasonable fashion is difficult. I live in a traditional neighborhood where the houses are relatively close compared to typical southern communities. My neighbor's Macan Turbo is as loud (or louder) than my M3. Never a complaint from any HOA member. Unfortunately, I believe you hit the Pick 6 in the Psycho Lottery - bad luck. Hope you find resolution.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 07:22 AM   #50
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Sorry to hear this... People suck.

You should post his office google and yelp review links as well as his realtor review link if you haven't already. Then post this all over the internet. Sounds like something I would read on Jalopnik.
Appreciate 1
M3OW!373.00
      12-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #51
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Please just explain to him how awesome the electronic wastegates are which can be fully opened on cold start in order to quickly heat up the catalytic converters which then saves the environment.

He should be thanking you honestly
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2018, 07:34 AM   #52
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman S

My neighbour complained about my cold starts. Valves are closed by the way.

I was backing out of my garage and she flagged me down. I rolled down my passenger window and she asked if there was a way to make the car more quiet. I explained nothing can be done. She then popped her head through the window and saw my interior and said that's such a beautiful interior. She completely forgot what she was originally complaining about. Kept on commenting on the SO interior. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 07:44 AM   #53
M3OW!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4newjersey View Post
So i bought a 2018 BMW M4 last year and moved into a new construction neighborhood this past March. My next door neighbor moved in about a month after me. Back in early spring he was complaining about the noise of my car and asked if i had an aftermarket exhaust system (which i dont). I told him there really wasn't anything that could be done but i limit the amount of time i spend in the garage to 1 minute or less to keep the noise down for everyone.

He then started complaining to the homeowners association last month. Once they told they wouldn't get involved since it's a stock vehicle, he threw a rock thru my dining room window (we caught on video footage). He was arrested. Now he's suing me for being a nuisance and wants a judge to prevent me from driving before 7am or after 10pm.

This whole thing is so obnoxious. Has anyone else had neighbors complain about their stock M4?

Also you can watch him throw the rock thru my window and also watch him use his iPhone to film the noise of my car at www.billsiegle.com.
Dude. The site. OMFG! AMAZING!!!! Great idea and very well executed. I was going to write something about disproportionate retaliation since he violated the sanctity of the neighborhood...but you're winning the war!

*edit: this guy also looks like a total choad*
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 08:11 AM   #54
MaynardZed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy

Garage List
Really tough one guys. Your neighbor appears unstable. My worry is that if this situation continues to escalate, it will eventually only result in negative consequences for all involved. I think he's just a bully. The best way to deal with a bully is to confront him head on.

One (risky) strategy is to knock on his door and meet him face to face, preferably with a squad car and police officer nearby. Maybe you can diffuse the situation by offering to suspend the website in exchange for no further harassments or lawsuits from him. Tell him you will back your M4 into the garage so that the exhaust tips aren't pointing towards his house when you leave in the mornings. Shouldn't be quite as loud for him and will make him feel that his complaint has been validated. It doesn't matter if his complaint is irrational, its a valid complaint in his disturbed mind. No one "wins" in these situations, so my best advice is to try to diffuse the situation now. Living your life in peace is the "win".

Don't try to force an apology out of him for throwing the rock, you won't get it and it would do nothing for you. Work towards the future. All the advice from the members on this thread recommending escalation is easy since we don't have to live in the cul-de-sac with this man.

I would go over there with your fiancee. If there is some homophobia in this neighbor's mind, hopefully seeing you two face to face will help him realize you're just normal human beings like everyone else. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best!
WHP East Track: 1:04.880, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:54.352
Road course laptimes for Porsche 911 991.1 GTS 7MT
WHP East Track: 1:02.770, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:48.889
Appreciate 5
M3OW!373.00
CanAutM321116.50
minn1914028.50
SD ///M42992.00
RickFLM410971.00
      12-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #55
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
You need to:

1. Install a sitemap generator plugin on Wordpress
2. Create a Google Search Console account
3. Submit this for indexing, that way when someone googles Bill Siegle, hopefully this is the first thing they see.
alex23642861.50
Lerxst M4142.00
Naz241627.50
      12-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #56
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

These ZCP cars are pretty loud on startup, much louder than normal cars, and Bill lives behind the exhaust pipes. My neighbor's mustang GT wakes me up most mornings. My M4 would wake him up, but I don't get up that early. These "stock" cars will annoy people.

Bill obviously has an issue, but you guys are likely contributing to the escalation. This could come back on you down the road and/or lead to someone getting hurt. Run this social media campaign by your lawyers. Also, talk to Re/max as well as the state realtor board, if things continue. I'd try to get your lawyers to work with his lawyers on a truce. I'm not being critical or implying the that the guy doesn't deserve it, but wanted to point out that publicly humiliating someone at this level is playing with fire and may hurt your legal efforts. He complained and broke a window/you destroyed his rep and may cost him his livelihood. Just be smart and careful, and run actions to be taken in emotionally charged states by objective people, which are likely people other than your friends, family, or fellow M4 owners.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 09:30 AM   #57
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
These ZCP cars are pretty loud on startup, much louder than normal cars, and Bill lives behind the exhaust pipes. My neighbor's mustang GT wakes me up most mornings. My M4 would wake him up, but I don't get up that early. These "stock" cars will annoy people.

Bill obviously has an issue, but you guys are likely contributing to the escalation. This could come back on you down the road and/or lead to someone getting hurt. Run this social media campaign by your lawyers. Also, talk to Re/max as well as the state realtor board, if things continue. I'd try to get your lawyers to work with his lawyers on a truce. I'm not being critical or implying the that the guy doesn't deserve it, but wanted to point out that publicly humiliating someone at this level is playing with fire and may hurt your legal efforts. He complained and broke a window/you destroyed his rep and may cost him his livelihood. Just be smart and careful, and run actions to be taken in emotionally charged states by objective people, which are likely people other than your friends, family, or fellow M4 owners.
Unfortunately he got his lawyer involved right away. We tried to settle the situation with him which was to pay the damages and agree not to harass us over the car. He’s not happy unless I stop driving the car. We got a cease and desist and slapped with a lawsuit 3 days later.
Appreciate 1
Jlpvt0.00
      12-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #58
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post

Our lawyer has tried to work with his. It's not getting anywhere and now we deal with him recording me leaving the driveway with his smartphone. I even wrote him a letter telling him how we could end this and posted it on the web site. He refuses to man up and apologize for what he did and pay for the damages so we can all move on. The whole situation just sucks.

All of the content has been reviewed by 3 attorneys to ensure it is not defaming him or infringing on his rights. Everything is factual except where we otherwise state that something is our opinion.

Appreciate the words of advise and we are hoping for a quick resolution.
Appreciate 3
minn1914028.50
'Cane8499.50
      12-20-2018, 10:01 AM   #59
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3 6MT CP EP VP

Wow - so sorry to hear that.
In my mind it's obvious that the guy is homophobic and the exhaust noise is only an excuse to harass you. I say go after him and go after him hard. You should never feel intimidated living in your own house.

...having said that, one of the biggest concerns I had when I bought my car was the cold start. Since I leave my house at 6AM every day everyone is still sleeping. My neighbors are cool but I didnt want to push it with them, so I had my car tuned just for the sake of eliminating the cold start. If it wasn't for that, my car would not be tuned. Now I can start the car in the morning and let it idle in its normal quiet way - it's lovely.
I also have an aftermarket exhaust and it makes no difference - quiet cold start idle!
Appreciate 1
RowanBuds1707.00
      12-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #60
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L Garage View Post
Wow - so sorry to hear that.
In my mind it's obvious that the guy is homophobic and the exhaust noise is only an excuse to harass you. I say go after him and go after him hard. You should never feel intimidated living in your own house.

...having said that, one of the biggest concerns I had when I bought my car was the cold start. Since I leave my house at 6AM every day everyone is still sleeping. My neighbors are cool but I didnt want to push it with them, so I had my car tuned just for the sake of eliminating the cold start. If it wasn't for that, my car would not be tuned. Now I can start the car in the morning and let it idle in its normal quiet way - it's lovely.
I also have an aftermarket exhaust and it makes no difference - quiet cold start idle!
Thanks. Yeah i don't leave until 7:30 - 8:30 each morning (mon - fri). I usually sleep in on Saturdays and Sundays. Its kind of a normal time to wake up anyway for most people. This guy likes to brag how he barely has to work since he has 20 real estate agents working for him and how he only goes to work one day a week so he likes to tell everyone how he can sleep in until 10am.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 10:18 AM   #61
M3GymNut
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3Comp

Sounds like a hater. I would not be good in this situation. Be patient and don't let him blow a fuse on you.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 10:23 AM   #62
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

That's sad to hear. Neighbor must be hating life. Chill out...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #63
paulo_f80m3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01' E46 325i / 16' F80 M3

Garage List
2001 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
You created a website on him!? Loving the little tab icon of his face!
      12-20-2018, 11:01 AM   #64
erictrainer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 F80 6MT MG on SO

Wow

This is one for the books... granted i would never wish or want anybody to find themselves in this situation, but it sounds like you did everything that was fair and reasonable.

I'm definitely taking notes on the website approach and hope I never have to do it to someone but if I do... this is the stuff internet legends are made of!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 11:01 AM   #65
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

LOL, this is hilarious..I start my car at 6:15AM everyday and I let it warm up for about 4-5 mins while I check social media/emails/texts etc. Some of my neighbors have even thanked me for being their alarm clock in the morning. I have a Remus/AA midpipe with valves open 24/7 too.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 11:06 AM   #66
griebel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Garage List
2022 BMW X4  [0.00]
2018 M4  [0.00]
2008 Z4M  [0.00]
Go buy a Harley and really piss him off.
Appreciate 4
Closed Thread