Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

02-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
TatuBuilt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F80 M3 ZCP

BMW M3/M4 Bucket Seat Questions/ Recommendations

So, im puting bucket seats and a schroth 6 point harness in my F80 and the 2 seats iv tried to fit wont fit.. The shoulders of the seat hit the door pillar and the side of the seat hits the transmission tunnel. The 2 seats iv tried are the Sparco EVO 2 US and Regular. I have a 6 point cage in the car but that isnt an issue with the seats fitting. I was wondering if anyone else had put buckets in their F8X and knew what kind of seats they have put in there. Iv seen recaro pole positions and cs seats but im looking more into sparco and MOMO. We have test fitted the sparco qrt-r and it fits on the passenger side but we didnt test the driver's side because we were just getting measurements for the cage with a seat. We are planning to get sparco QRT-R or the QRT Circuit seat but not sure if it will fit. Anyone have measurements for the interior? Or just seat recommendations?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietF80 View Post
So, im puting bucket seats and a schroth 6 point harness in my F80 and the 2 seats iv tried to fit wont fit.. The shoulders of the seat hit the door pillar and the side of the seat hits the transmission tunnel. The 2 seats iv tried are the Sparco EVO 2 US and Regular. I have a 6 point cage in the car but that isnt an issue with the seats fitting. I was wondering if anyone else had put buckets in their F8X and knew what kind of seats they have put in there. Iv seen recaro pole positions and cs seats but im looking more into sparco and MOMO. We have test fitted the sparco qrt-r and it fits on the passenger side but we didnt test the driver's side because we were just getting measurements for the cage with a seat. We are planning to get sparco QRT-R or the QRT Circuit seat but not sure if it will fit. Anyone have measurements for the interior? Or just seat recommendations?
Thanks!
Most likely not with MOMO.

Will need to know height and waist size to know what to recommend. Most people do not fit in Pole Positions (since moved to NG/SL), it's not very large.

We have a selection of Recaro and Sparco seats in our showroom, drop by and see which fits you best.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
TatuBuilt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Most likely not with MOMO.

Will need to know height and waist size to know what to recommend. Most people do not fit in Pole Positions (since moved to NG/SL), it's not very large.

We have a selection of Recaro and Sparco seats in our showroom, drop by and see which fits you best.

Waist is 32 and height is 5'11"
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 05:48 PM   #4
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietF80 View Post
Waist is 32 and height is 5'11"
Way too tall for Pole Position.

Recaro Profi, Sparco QRT/QRT-R would be recommended.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0