proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #1
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 30 Jahre M3

2017 M3 ZCP Pricing Request

I've been looking for a pre-owned M3 with some specific specs:

ZCP; Executive; 6MT; Full Leather; Carbon Roof are all a must.

I found the following one in Texas. Curious what you guys think is the right price for this. As much as I would like to buy this car, I'm def not willing to overpay.

Also curious what people think of this Golden Brown Interior (I know that's subjective but curious nonetheless?

Thanks.

https://www.europeanmotorsusa.com/ve...lersite#ar_top
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #2
Bimmer Pleaser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RElias21 View Post
I've been looking for a pre-owned M3 with some specific specs:

ZCP; Executive; 6MT; Full Leather; Carbon Roof are all a must.

I found the following one in Texas. Curious what you guys think is the right price for this. As much as I would like to buy this car, I'm def not willing to overpay.

Also curious what people think of this Golden Brown Interior (I know that's subjective but curious nonetheless?

Thanks.

https://www.europeanmotorsusa.com/ve...lersite#ar_top
I am in the same boat, looking for late model ZCP M3/M4. This car looks great, specially love the interior, pretty sure upholstery a $3600 option alone. Steering wheel looks sick too but if I were you I wouldn't buy such an expensive car out of state unless it was offered by a BMW dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 11:57 PM   #3
canigetaxm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

there are some killer lease deals right now , have you considered leasing , what you are going to pay to finance a used m3 ...probable over 1k a month
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 05:18 AM   #4
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canigetaxm View Post
there are some killer lease deals right now , have you considered leasing , what you are going to pay to finance a used m3 ...probable over 1k a month
I'm ultimately looking to purchase, so a lease would still be out of budget overall.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #5
LVI
BMW Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

the car is at least $5K above current market, IMO. That Golden Brown interior however, was an expensive option and one you will not see often. It's really gorgeous in person. If you must have it, then it's probably not a terrible deal unless you can wait until another one pops up, which may be a while.

A manual ZCP with full leather shouldn't be too difficult to find for less, if you're open to other interior colors.
Appreciate 2
      03-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #6
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence1 View Post
the car is at least $5K above current market, IMO. That Golden Brown interior however, was an expensive option and one you will not see often. It's really gorgeous in person. If you must have it, then it's probably not a terrible deal unless you can wait until another one pops up, which may be a while.

A manual ZCP with full leather shouldn't be too difficult to find for less, if you're open to other interior colors.
Someone that actually answered my question! Thank you!

I've actually had a very tough time time finding the ZCP/Exec/Manual/Full Leather combo, especially considering that I hate YMB. I really only like Mineral White or Gray. I'm also not willing to have buyer's remorse, which I've had before and is the worst!

Nevertheless, if the right car doesn't come along at the RIGHT price, I'm perfectly fine not owning it. It's not the end of the world.

I will probably sit tight and see what happens with this one for a while. I would want to be in the bottom half of the 50s as well.

Thanks for your input on the golden brown too. First time I see it, and it's looks quite nice in the pictures.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 12:38 PM   #7
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
That car is gorgeous! There are a lot of M Performance parts on that car, which are not cheap.

Have you sent them an offer? You could negotiate the price via email or on the phone. If you meet at an agreeable price have them bring it to the closest BMW and get it checked out. Then, fly down, test drive the car and, if it all checks out, sign the paper work. Would be a fun drive back!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 12:53 PM   #8
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robopp View Post
That car is gorgeous! There are a lot of M Performance parts on that car, which are not cheap.

Have you sent them an offer? You could negotiate the price via email or on the phone. If you meet at an agreeable price have them bring it to the closest BMW and get it checked out. Then, fly down, test drive the car and, if it all checks out, sign the paper work. Would be a fun drive back!
No I have not. I think the just listed it, so I doubt they would be so inclined to play ball just yet. I would rather sit and see what happens. I spoke to the GM who said they picked it up from an Auction in FL. I wonder how much they paid at the auction.

If till available in a few weeks, I may then step in with an offer. It's out of my budget right now.

Why do you suggest taking it to a BMW btw, when it has 2 years of warranty left? Wouldn't anything be covered anyhow.

I'm should be more concerned about eliminating any previous body damage I feel.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #9
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
No I have not. I think the just listed it, so I doubt they would be so inclined to play ball just yet. I would rather sit and see what happens. I spoke to the GM who said they picked it up from an Auction in FL. I wonder how much they paid at the auction.

If till available in a few weeks, I may then step in with an offer. It's out of my budget right now.

Why do you suggest taking it to a BMW btw, when it has 2 years of warranty left? Wouldn't anything be covered anyhow.

I'm should be more concerned about eliminating any previous body damage I feel.
BMW will do a 100 point inspection for a small fee. Things I'd want to know about would be:

1 - Has it been tuned before? At least get in writing that a dealership found no history of a tune.
2 - Any body damage, or signs of body damage?
3 - Life remaining of all wear items (tires, brake pads, etc) This can add up quick if you need to replace tires and brakes.
4 - Warranty status. (I'm not a BMW guy (yet) but in Audi world the dealer can TD1 cars that have been modified effectively voiding the factory warranty. I'd want to know if this is the case before buying the car)

I'd only request the inspection once an agreeable price has been reached.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
RElias21562.50
      03-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #10
LVI
BMW Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:

I've actually had a very tough time time finding the ZCP/Exec/Manual/Full Leather combo, especially considering that I hate YMB. I really only like Mineral White or Gray. I'm also not willing to have buyer's remorse, which I've had before and is the worst!

Nevertheless, if the right car doesn't come along at the RIGHT price, I'm perfectly fine not owning it. It's not the end of the world.

I will probably sit tight and see what happens with this one for a while. I would want to be in the bottom half of the 50s as well.

Thanks for your input on the golden brown too. First time I see it, and it's looks quite nice in the pictures.
I think the reason you've had a hard time is due to the fact that you're limiting yourself to MW or Grey. I'm not a fan of YMB either but there are many other colors to choose from that look good on this car. Also, keep in mind that many of the ZCP cars are yet to come off lease. ZCP became available in very late 2016 so most 2016 MY cars don't have it. Most ZCP cars are 2017 and 2018 MY, and my guess is most were leases, meaning it'll be a while until they start hitting the market. Obviously there are some trickling in now but most won't become available for at least another few months to a year.

good luck with your search.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:14 PM   #11
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I think the reason you've had a hard time is due to the fact that you're limiting yourself to MW or Grey. I'm not a fan of YMB either but there are many other colors to choose from that look good on this car. Also, keep in mind that many of the ZCP cars are yet to come off lease. ZCP became available in very late 2016 so most 2016 MY cars don't have it. Most ZCP cars are 2017 and 2018 MY, and my guess is most were leases, meaning it'll be a while until they start hitting the market. Obviously there are some trickling in now but most won't become available for at least another few months to a year.

Thanks, and good input. I'm in no rush. Maybe prices will drop as the new M come outs too.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 05:58 PM   #12
princefemi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80

The MSRP of that car is above 90k. I think if you could get it for 56k-57k you would have done extremely well. At 59k I still think the price is not bad provided the car has not been abused, modded....etc. I think a car as well equipped as this one, in a manual is a tough find whether the lease returns are in or not. Heavily optioned, used cars in great condition always command a premium over its run of the mill counterparts. It is a beautiful car and the golden brown, full leather gives it a healthy degree of exclusivity/uniqueness. Go for it before it is too late.
Appreciate 1
RElias21562.50
      03-26-2019, 12:51 AM   #13
shakenbake11
Private
Rep
Drives: Truck

Quote:
Quote:

Sooo many 15/16's
Now on market not a lot of zcp...patiently waiting for the flood!!!!
Appreciate 1
RElias21562.50
      03-28-2019, 03:52 PM   #14
206_m3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: YAS F80 M3

I am gonna be selling my YMB ZCP 2016 soon. Looking to get into a GTR but i don't really know what to price mine for.

mine is a clean title with 17k miles and some mods.
Appreciate 0