Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

03-25-2019, 07:48 AM   #1
dzhou102684
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' E82 1M, 17' F80 M3

JUST CURIOUS ON PEOPLE'S OPINION/POINT OF VIEW, NOT ACTUALLY SELLING MY CAR, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME FOR THE CLICK BAIT.......................

Just curious as to how much my car would be worth if I was to put it on the market today, 2017 F80 ZUP with less than 20000KM at this time. Full build can be seen on

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1490282

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1546113

Also have all original parts as well.

Last edited by dzhou102684; 03-25-2019 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 08:22 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

wow. you put so much time and $ into this and now wants to sell. Most of the $ spent may only fetch 20 cents to the $. Even if you are to put the orig. parts back, it may cost you a small fortune for labor alone.
Appreciate 1
pokerface429.50
      03-25-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Not sure if you're serious about selling, but looks like you put your heart (and entire bank account) into this car. I don't think I could even put a value on it as is. Beautiful car, but a fellow enthusiast wouldn't come anywhere close to a number you'd be happy with. There are too many other options at that price point including the mods, new and used. I would part the hell out of it first, just take out whatever is easiest. Then put up the parts list separately, and maybe buyer can buy in bulk separately to get a lot of it off your hands. Then re-evaluate price on mostly stock car, and sell the rest on forum.

Unless you plan on giving someone the deal of a lifetime on a modded to the heavens car. But then they'd probably just part out a ton of parts to get a crap ton of money back. Regardless, great job. I would be struggling to install THAT many parts and drive 20K KM in the short amount of time you've had it haha.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Tough to put a value but you have done quite a bit of work to the car.

Part out would likely garner a better return.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
55parallelM3
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I'd hate to see you sell her, it's a beauty and it seems like you put a lot of thought along with your wallet into it. That being said, it's always a crap shoot when it comes to selling any vehicles with aftermarket parts, it's kinda like collectables, you need to find the right buyer who can appreciate it to potentially get the value back. Like nt said you'd probably be better off parting out as many aftermarket goodies and sell it as close to stock as is easiest. My plan with mine is to make changes kinda slow-ish in the mindset that I will always have something I can change/upgrade to spice things up and help keep my enthusiasm for my baby
I wonder if you're having the male version of post-partum depression? lol. you know you get all amped up about the baby and see all the goodies take shape, then after a bit the mist of excitement wears off and you don't know what to do next? Just a theory, I don't pretend to know your motivations or anything, but I hope you figure out what's best for you and if you do sell and decide to do a different build, I'd be totally interested in seeing that! Good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #6
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Too customized for that to be worth what is to you, to a future buyer.

Part it out, I'll take the MP suspension
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 12:26 PM   #7
TALL MAN
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: Silverlake M3

Agreed with all the above statements.

I will take the AA midpipe.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #8
twboy1999
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 honda accord

mods add zero value when you are reselling the car
if anything it will make the car worth less

if u want to sell the rims. i might be interested
      03-25-2019, 02:41 PM   #9
dzhou102684
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' E82 1M, 17' F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
mods add zero value when you are reselling the car
if anything it will make the car worth less

if u want to sell the rims. i might be interested
Totally agree, was just seeing what people think of the resell value since we do see a lot of posts on here about either part out or resell, got me interested that's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALL MAN View Post
Agreed with all the above statements.

I will take the AA midpipe.
Lol, I agree with the above statements as well, and if I ever do change the mid pipes, I'll let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
Too customized for that to be worth what is to you, to a future buyer.

Part it out, I'll take the MP suspension
Totally agree, was just seeing what people think of the resell value since we do see a lot of posts on here about either part out or resell, got me interested that's all and I'll let you know if I ever do switch suspensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55parallelM3 View Post
I'd hate to see you sell her, it's a beauty and it seems like you put a lot of thought along with your wallet into it. That being said, it's always a crap shoot when it comes to selling any vehicles with aftermarket parts, it's kinda like collectables, you need to find the right buyer who can appreciate it to potentially get the value back. Like nt said you'd probably be better off parting out as many aftermarket goodies and sell it as close to stock as is easiest. My plan with mine is to make changes kinda slow-ish in the mindset that I will always have something I can change/upgrade to spice things up and help keep my enthusiasm for my baby
I wonder if you're having the male version of post-partum depression? lol. you know you get all amped up about the baby and see all the goodies take shape, then after a bit the mist of excitement wears off and you don't know what to do next? Just a theory, I don't pretend to know your motivations or anything, but I hope you figure out what's best for you and if you do sell and decide to do a different build, I'd be totally interested in seeing that! Good luck
Thanks buddy, totally makes sense, I might do another build in the future, but nothing have been decided, just want to see what people think/say since we do get a lot of posts for part outs/resell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3_F80 View Post
Tough to put a value but you have done quite a bit of work to the car.

Part out would likely garner a better return.
Totally agree, was just seeing what people think of the resell value since we do see a lot of posts on here about either part out or resell, got me interested that's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Not sure if you're serious about selling, but looks like you put your heart (and entire bank account) into this car. I don't think I could even put a value on it as is. Beautiful car, but a fellow enthusiast wouldn't come anywhere close to a number you'd be happy with. There are too many other options at that price point including the mods, new and used. I would part the hell out of it first, just take out whatever is easiest. Then put up the parts list separately, and maybe buyer can buy in bulk separately to get a lot of it off your hands. Then re-evaluate price on mostly stock car, and sell the rest on forum.

Unless you plan on giving someone the deal of a lifetime on a modded to the heavens car. But then they'd probably just part out a ton of parts to get a crap ton of money back. Regardless, great job. I would be struggling to install THAT many parts and drive 20K KM in the short amount of time you've had it haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
wow. you put so much time and $ into this and now wants to sell. Most of the $ spent may only fetch 20 cents to the $. Even if you are to put the orig. parts back, it may cost you a small fortune for labor alone.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 03:41 PM   #10
tropicatango
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw f87 M2c hockenheim silver

Interested in ESS Tuning F8X M3 / M4 Charge Pipes if you part out

Let me know
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:38 PM   #11
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhou102684 View Post
Totally agree, was just seeing what people think of the resell value since we do see a lot of posts on here about either part out or resell, got me interested that's all and I'll let you know if I ever do switch suspensions.
People want the parts but on their car not yours lol

I just bought the MP HAS kit from Stephen today, install on Friday.
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:53 PM   #12
55parallelM3
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

glad to see you're not actually going to sell it. enjoy
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 05:56 PM   #13
EnriOsso
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhou102684 View Post
People want the parts but on their car not yours lol

I just bought the MP HAS kit from Stephen today, install on Friday.
Can you please let me know how the car drives, I'm thinking to get the same set up but a lot of people say oh it's not good for the car and blah blah you know the rest lol, but yeah if you can remember to answer me I'd appreciate it.
Appreciate 0