Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-23-2018, 10:03 AM   #67
applesauce683
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post

Good question. What are your points?

You’re clearly trying to influence other people’s opinions with vague
comments and conjecture, but when given the opportunity to elaborate
it’s just crickets!

We gave clear examples the last time you asked for them.
In This Post. <-------- (click link to jump)

...And you went radio silent then as well.

Somehow I knew this response was coming. It was clear to me then and its clear to me now that me going back, spending hours and sifting through hundreds of posts isn't worth it to me. In that last thread, you just doubled down on your subjective answers, so why should I bother wasting my time to refute that when it won't change your mind? You win!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 10:20 AM   #68
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

This is a shit show...

You changed his name to Chewfakem4 and you're on the shill gambit/ad hominem attacks?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #69
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

It's like frat houses competing against each other. Can't we all just get along?!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 11:06 AM   #70
breakfastlinks
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Really can't with people like chewbak constantly, constantly, constantly bashing and one upping every single instance there's some talk about VF or BM3. Cancer at its finest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
It's like frat houses competing against each other. Can't we all just get along?!
Appreciate 2
M-Pilot4859.00
      01-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #71
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

We should be used to this. It's been going on in forums for ages.

It's why I generally ignore any feedback regarding a tune or tuner as it's impossible to separate fact from fiction.

You need to deal with company directly and form your own opinion.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #72
GlazierGlaze
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi RS6

(popcorn .gif)
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #73
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

I mean let's get serious here.

It's easy for any person to open an account, post whatever they want without a shred of proof and an alleged "fact" is established and propogated.

If I were a tuner I would have zero presence on a forum. It makes no sense as a business. A few sales but you spend so much time defending integrity against nameless and faceless people.

Alex is a perfect example. His opening sales thread was bombarded with the usual culprits who came and questioned every aspect of his tune including what colour underwear he was wearing when he adjusted files. The usual whinge about show me a dyno, what are your credentials bla bla bla.

Never a complaint from any person that's used his services since the e90 days. Never a blown motor reported. User after user with positive comments.

It's the same old nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 08:24 PM   #74
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modaddict79 View Post
I mean let's get serious here.

It's easy for any person to open an account, post whatever they want without a shred of proof and an alleged "fact" is established and propogated.

If I were a tuner I would have zero presence on a forum. It makes no sense as a business. A few sales but you spend so much time defending integrity against nameless and faceless people.

Alex is a perfect example. His opening sales thread was bombarded with the usual culprits who came and questioned every aspect of his tune including what colour underwear he was wearing when he adjusted files. The usual whinge about show me a dyno, what are your credentials bla bla bla.

Never a complaint from any person that's used his services since the e90 days. Never a blown motor reported. User after user with positive comments.

It's the same old nonsense.
I've been traveling and just catching up on all these threads.

It is becoming difficult to trace fact from fiction here.

In the past 2 days, I've read atleast 3 different instances where VF is apologizing for something in the past or recent. I give them credit for coming clean and it seems a lot to do with marketing but does raise concerns for potential clients who do some research.

I love Alex and his prices/communication/service is legendary from e90 days. However he is offering something different than previously and a tune is much different than coding. In that regard, clients asking for dyno etc is legitimate request. The color of his underwear on the otherhand is... :

Still waiting on BM3 and MHD to come out and clear the air on what they will be offering over OBDII.

I wish guys like VF, BPM would get into offering app based platform that allows us to switch between tunes and customize options. That would level the playing field and allow us to evaluate apples to apples.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 1
BPMSport3386.50