European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
03Saleen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Ceramic Brake Pads On Non-CCB's & Brake Dust

So who's running this setup? How much was the brake dust reduced by and what were the Pro/Cons you noticed? Also did you install them yourself or had someone do it for you, if so what did you pay and where?
What setup is low dust and same grip as the stock pads? http://ind-distribution.com/ind/cate...nce-brake-pads

Last edited by 03Saleen; 10-09-2014 at 11:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #2
03Saleen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
BhamDavid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I havent ordered my M3 yet (waiting on CarPlay) so I cannot give you anything directly concerning these car, but I've got Akabono Euro ceramic pads on both of the family BMW's and can tell you about those. The results should be similar.

There is some dust, but not much and it's a light gray in color. After a few weeks of driving you only notice that the rims don't appear as shiny. As far as performance, some people say the ceramic pads don't have as much initial grip as the stock pads, but I think they are just more linear in their response which I think is better. They are not very effective when cold, but the first stop of the day gets them heated sufficiently. A panic stop after a long drive without braking on a cold day would probably get your heart rate up. After spirited driving, they smell a bit funky.

Brake pads are the easiest thing to install ever. They were the first thing I ever did on a car. For what some shop will charge for the pads and labor, you can order the parts online and buy a decent hydraulic jack and jack stand from Harbor Freight and save money. You will have your brakes and some nice tools for future projects.
Appreciate 0