GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Closed Thread

02-10-2019, 12:59 AM   #1
zachillusions
Registered
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC350 F-Sport

Looking to possibly buy a 2015 M4

Heyo, so I'm pretty new to BMW and definitely new to this forum. I currently own an AWD Lexus RC350 F-Sport (honestly an incredible car) but I'm looking to upgrade to a 2015 M4. Currently, I live in Indiana where we get snow in the winter (albeit, not much the past couple of years).

How does the M4 do in the snow? I plan to hopefully make this my daily driver. I know that winter tires can make a night and day difference. How does it do on just all-seasons? I've driven RWD in the past with an old 2005 Mustang and it got along alright on just all-seasons.

Also, what's the "life expectancy" of an M4? The M4 in particular I'm looking at has around 45k miles, which is sorta more than I'd prefer. Assuming I maintain the car properly, would I be safe at this amount of miles? This is a car I'd ideally like to drive for the next 4-5 years without any issues.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! I apologize if I'm sounding wimpy here, its just when you spend this much money on a car you gotta be sure its right.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 05:27 AM   #2
M3Fahrer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Congratulations in advance for wanting to join the M family! I can't comment on how it handles driving in the snow, but I would tell you to be patient and find a good deal on a2016 model with competition package. So much worth it over the base model if you can do it. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 06:29 AM   #3
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3 6MT CP EP VP

Handles amazing. Do it - just get winter tires.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 11:08 AM   #4
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Welcometo the forum.

Your questions about the M3/M4 winter driving experience and longevity have been discussed at length here in the past. There are also many discussions about buying used.

You should be able to find a wealth of information by searching. I typically use Google to search the forum by including “site:f80.bimmerpost.com” in the search terms.

Please PM me if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread