Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

10-09-2019, 02:35 PM   #45
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
Epic journey and awesome write-up.

I had the opportunity to drive from VA Beach to San Diego some years back in my E92 M3. Drove south to SE Georgia to pick my dad up, but did southern route through Biloxi, New Orleans, Dallas, Flagstaff, Hoover Dam, Vegas, etc.

Funny enough, we saw the Blue Hole as well! I love finding random things like that.
Ha! Only on road trips can you find all those interesting, random and sometimes totally pointless things.
Appreciate 1
jc05e46m3845.50
      10-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #46
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Ha! Only on road trips can you find all those interesting, random and sometimes totally pointless things.
You're absolutely right. Also, sorry about the loss of your father. My dad actually took off for the trip that we took because he was a career militaary guy and wasnt around nearly as much as either of us would have wanted, so we used that as an excuse to bro out.

The older we both get, the more we realize that we should always take the opportunity to spend quality time together. You probably know it far better than I.

Keep enjoying your car in good health! Thanks again for sharing.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 1
Fugly M35069.50
      12-14-2021, 08:39 PM   #47
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weila View Post
Maan , how did you do it? You drove 6,000 miles, 14 days / 13 nights alone, I couldn't do that!
I wasn't alone the entire time...break for the M school with friends, other stop wit friends at the outset and then met a few folks along the way. That said, it's not that hard.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 09:19 AM   #48
Logarius
Registered
Rep
Drives: Prado 2015

I think everyone wants to go on such a long trip, especially if you drive an expensive car. I love to travel to other countries. I usually travel there by public transport. This year I am planning to fly to Germany. People on the forum told me there are many railways and recommended I book tickets here https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/ and with good reason. It's really convenient, you can plan your whole itinerary in advance. Can you recommend some must-see sights?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 09:31 AM   #49
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logarius View Post
I think everyone wants to go on such a long trip, especially if you drive an expensive car. I love to travel to other countries. I usually travel there by public transport. This year I am planning to fly to Germany. People on the forum told me there are many railways and recommended I book tickets here https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/ and with good reason. It's really convenient, you can plan your whole itinerary in advance. Can you recommend some must-see sights?
In Europe? The countryside from the steering wheel side of a windshield. Seriously, rent a car.

Last edited by Fugly M3; 11-27-2022 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 08:17 AM   #50
Michaelvogel
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8SEVEN View Post
I wasn't alone the entire time...break for the M school with friends, other stop wit friends at the outset and then met a few folks along the way. That said, it's not that hard.
It depends a lot on the car and how much you like to drive, I think I could still get over 10,000 km. For me driving is a pleasure, especially if it's on a BMW)) But besides that before going to BWM school it is necessary to pass an instruction which this source https://sunnypapers.com/paper-samples/walmart/ helped me a lot to do a write up that I later have to send to them to be admitted to this school. For me this source was a discovery because there is a wealth of information here on any topic, even Walmart.

Last edited by Michaelvogel; 11-30-2022 at 07:54 AM..
Appreciate 0