ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

01-26-2020, 06:52 PM   #1
svr21
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 M4 ZCP Yas Marina Blue

Toronto speeding ticket

Happy Sunday!

Got my first Ontario speeding ticket after half a year of residence here. Cop clocked me doing 82 in a 50 yesterday. I was guilty , but I would still like to get the ticket dropped by a lawyer because I don't like having a non clean driving record.
Any suggestions for reputable lawyers?

From my quick research, the guys at Xcopper does not do the best job. A friend has heard good things about "Tickets professional corporation", it has a perfect 5 star google review (none out of the hundred reviews were less than five stars).

Inputs will be greatly appreciated, stay safe driving!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 08:48 AM   #2
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

You need the ticket dismissed to be off your record, xcopper's idea of "win" is just lowering the fine/speed which you could do by yourself.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #3
svr21
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gsr View Post
You need the ticket dismissed to be off your record, xcopper's idea of "win" is just lowering the fine/speed which you could do by yourself.
Yes sir, any suggestions on where to go?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 04:37 AM   #4
xfactor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M4 6MT ZCP (AY)

http://www.416charged.ca/

Used them personally, although 10 years ago so not sure how things are now. But people on my bike forum seem to have good opinion on them. Do you DD, good luck man, those stupid tix are annoying.

You can probably reduce this to 10 over if you just show up to court, which is not a big deal from an insurance point of view if it's your only tix.
      01-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #5
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman S

Xcopper or any other company that fights tickets for you is a complete waste of money. If you got caught, there's no way they'll drop that charge. Even if you get the speed reduced, a speeding ticket is still a speeding ticket. Insurance companies and your driving record does not see a difference.

Your best hope is either an error on your ticket or the cop doesn't show up. Best case scenario is you plead guilty with a reduced fine a no points. But you'll still have a speeding conviction on your record.

Next time, use Waze and speed carefully!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 06:05 AM   #6
svr21
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstF80InSpace View Post
Xcopper or any other company that fights tickets for you is a complete waste of money. If you got caught, there's no way they'll drop that charge. Even if you get the speed reduced, a speeding ticket is still a speeding ticket. Insurance companies and your driving record does not see a difference.

Your best hope is either an error on your ticket or the cop doesn't show up. Best case scenario is you plead guilty with a reduced fine a no points. But you'll still have a speeding conviction on your record.

For sure, I had a long drive that day and was not paying enough attention to spot that speed trap. In Vancouver, my friend knows a lawyer who could apparently almost throw out any tickets, guess it's not the same in the east coast ;/
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 10:23 AM   #7
123bmw123
Rep
Drives: 19 M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by svr21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstF80InSpace View Post

For sure, I had a long drive that day and was not paying enough attention to spot that speed trap. In Vancouver, my friend knows a lawyer who could apparently almost throw out any tickets, guess it's not the same in the east coast ;/
Who is this lawyer in Vancouver?
I can't get anymore points here!
Appreciate 0