Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-13-2021, 09:46 PM   #67
Frözpeed
Klappe zu, Affe tot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Frozen White M4 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanm4 View Post
You wouldn't happen to know the length of the M3/M4 bolts needed? I have to order them online and it would be great to know exact size of bolts needed.

Thanks.
Hmmm, I really don't remember exactly. I forget if it was M3/4x12 or x16. But I am pretty sure it was one of those two.

IG: frozen_white_m4
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 10:10 PM   #68
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frözpeed View Post
Quote:
I'm getting ready to finally install this intake and would like to know what is needed outside of what comes in the box. My city is in a Covid lockdown so getting things from auto shop or hardware store is hard.

I would greatly appreciate a list of things like what size of bolt/nuts or gasket maker needed.
We had to get some M3 bolts and longer M4 bolts as well. Oddly enough, my replacement long pipe used M3 bolts like the smaller one, while the one that came in my kit originally had used M4 bolts.

My MAFs fit snugly on all of my pipes, so I didn't need any sealant.
Was the long tube MAF sensor hole too big for the maf sensor? That's what it was like with mine. It was so big that the O ring on the maf sensor would not mate with the pipe. Curious if I just got a superseded tube.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 10:11 PM   #69
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm getting ready to finally install this intake and would like to know what is needed outside of what comes in the box. My city is in a Covid lockdown so getting things from auto shop or hardware store is hard.

I would greatly appreciate a list of things like what size of bolt/nuts or gasket maker needed.
I would order button head Allen bolts that are shorter. The long ones that come with the kit make it a pain to install the passenger side box to the frame. A shorter bolt works better. Hell I will even mail you one for free if you give me your address. I ordered a set of 300 just to use one lmao
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

Appreciate 1
rmanm4870.50
      05-14-2021, 01:12 AM   #70
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
@hellokitty prodigal77

Can we get a update on the intake?

Any issues? Any errors or need to reset adaptation?
Any rough idle issues?
Overall worth it or not much over stock?
My issues with idle was fixed after I re-flashed the GTS map with BM3. Seems like the engine needed to relearn the adaptations after the installation.

Appreciate 0