Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

11-14-2016, 08:10 AM   #287
Bucki14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT | Novitec Ferrari FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
Here is my original post #275 (relevant areas bolded):

[B]"I'd consider the lack of economies of scale from the added components (molds and dies and sourcing) and the time factor/salaries and opportunity cost of utilizing high level staff for testing as well as the time factor/salaries and opportunity cost of diverting the factory from producing inline bmw 4 series to produce the gts. multiply that with # of units plus profit and then consider that number.

2016 7 series are being offered for 9k off etc.

while gts are completely sold out or being sold for msrp."

It is a list of factors to consider. Did you see any numbers, values, or priorities assigned to this list to overestimate? Where are you getting something to overestimate? Where did I estimate anything besides provide a list?

Furthermore, I clearly gave 3 examples of cars selling way under msrp, including a BMW, I did not give a list of only American cars as you stated or wanted to hear.

There is a clear difference between what I wrote and what you are reading into.
For starters, I wasn't replying on the basis of what I wanted to hear. I will admit I entirely missed the 7 series mark down comment, but it wouldn't have changed my response at all.

Secondly, yes the factors you stated need to be taken into consideration and the labor choices they decided on are a strong cost factor as well, but I still believe not all of the modifications/components are as great as a cost as we think they are. GTS seats from the e92 series were said to cost 10k+ when they were re-branded Recaro Sporsters. Without actual cost sheets it is entirely in the air and a majority of my points are only estimates as well.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/boostedtrav_/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/boostedtrav
Appreciate 0