proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-04-2021, 12:43 PM   #111
Maryan425
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d

So after doing a bit of driving during the weekend I decided to go back to original non-zcp coding instead of the CS EDC for my base F80 on M-performance HAS. This is in part to the dampening feeling completely off without the ZCP components. Initially, I noticed that the ride felt stiffer in all settings but as I drove along I realized that among the increased stiffness the car had felt floaty in certain situations especially with sweeping turns or entering turns at higher speeds. Also, I noticed the suspension was hitting much harder on on familiar roads with bumps that it would soak up before. Overall, the suspension did not feel quite as comfortable and just felt incorrect for the base car.

Oddly enough, I wanted to add that when driving in sequential and doing 2 or 3rd gear pulls the car tracked straight. However, when doing a pull in the Auto setting on D2 the car felt like it had some ambiguity in the suspension shifting/squatting a bit more to either side. This could be more attributed to road surface but figured I would throw it in. I will see how returning to the original non-zcp coding feels and update once again.

Update:
I had the my car re-coded back to non CS EDC this morning by Kubax and I can say that the change back to stock EDC is welcomed. The dampening feels correct once again and all the suspension ambiguity is eliminated. The suspension feels softer over bumps, no more jarring hits, and the car sticks in a straight line without the previously mentioned floaty feeling regardless of being in S2/D2 or in any turns. I would highly recommend sticking to regular EDC coding and avoiding the CS coding if you have a non-zcp car even on M-performance HAS.

The other GTS components now shine even more so. Steering is amazing and I've also noticed the GTS diff upgrade makes the transitions between acceleration and deceleration much smoother. Overall, awesome upgrade.

Last edited by Maryan425; 10-07-2021 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 6
LYTSOUT188.50
9M711232.50
HermanL59.00
KeyBoy34.00
davyent10.50
kubax861751.00
      10-14-2021, 12:15 PM   #112
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryan425 View Post
So after doing a bit of driving during the weekend I decided to go back to original non-zcp coding instead of the CS EDC for my base F80 on M-performance HAS. This is in part to the dampening feeling completely off without the ZCP components. Initially, I noticed that the ride felt stiffer in all settings but as I drove along I realized that among the increased stiffness the car had felt floaty in certain situations especially with sweeping turns or entering turns at higher speeds. Also, I noticed the suspension was hitting much harder on on familiar roads with bumps that it would soak up before. Overall, the suspension did not feel quite as comfortable and just felt incorrect for the base car.

Oddly enough, I wanted to add that when driving in sequential and doing 2 or 3rd gear pulls the car tracked straight. However, when doing a pull in the Auto setting on D2 the car felt like it had some ambiguity in the suspension shifting/squatting a bit more to either side. This could be more attributed to road surface but figured I would throw it in. I will see how returning to the original non-zcp coding feels and update once again.

Update:
I had the my car re-coded back to non CS EDC this morning by Kubax and I can say that the change back to stock EDC is welcomed. The dampening feels correct once again and all the suspension ambiguity is eliminated. The suspension feels softer over bumps, no more jarring hits, and the car sticks in a straight line without the previously mentioned floaty feeling regardless of being in S2/D2 or in any turns. I would highly recommend sticking to regular EDC coding and avoiding the CS coding if you have a non-zcp car even on M-performance HAS.

The other GTS components now shine even more so. Steering is amazing and I've also noticed the GTS diff upgrade makes the transitions between acceleration and deceleration much smoother. Overall, awesome upgrade.
Thanks for detailed review
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 08:10 AM   #113
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Literally just finished coding and SUPER happy with how the car feels already.

I can really only comment on the GTS steering and differential at the moment, as my car is a base model (and also didn't get to play too much and see what MDM was like).

Process took ~10min total, bimmer-remote was super responsive and couldn't be more pleased with a cheap and easy (to me) alteration of the vehicle.

Also super fun that I woke up early for some reason, texted them to schedule and they were available immediately to code. Not a bad way to start the morning haha.
      11-05-2021, 04:30 PM   #114
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
Literally just finished coding and SUPER happy with how the car feels already.

I can really only comment on the GTS steering and differential at the moment, as my car is a base model (and also didn't get to play too much and see what MDM was like).

Process took ~10min total, bimmer-remote was super responsive and couldn't be more pleased with a cheap and easy (to me) alteration of the vehicle.

Also super fun that I woke up early for some reason, texted them to schedule and they were available immediately to code. Not a bad way to start the morning haha.

Thank you very much for choosing BIMMER-REMOTE.com services.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #115
1slowteg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 Competition

I had my 2018 M3 Competition (DCT) coded with the full GTS Performance Flash for M3/M4 F80/F82 package from Kubax86

- Gearbox (GTS/CS)
- MDM Coding (GTS)
- Differential Coding (GTS)
- Power steering Coding (GTS)
- EDC Coding (CS)

If you (like me) think the stock rebound/dampening feels a bit too stiff and unsettling over bumps, then the CS EDC is for you. The car is noticeably softer over bumps and there are quite a few small road imperfections that I now hear the wheel go over but do not feel through the suspension like I used to. It feels so much better than the stock competition package EDC and its how the car should have come from the factory. I am also running Eibach V2 front springs which are softer than the stock competition front springs, however the ride quality has been considerably improved by the reflash than by the softer front spring rates. I may install base model rear springs to complete the CS suspension update, but it seems there is contradictory information out there about whether the M3 CS uses the base model or comp springs. The base model springs are significantly softer than the comp springs and may complement the CS EDC better.

The gearbox flash made a big difference as well and the car is generally smoother and less jerky in all driving modes. I will put a few hundred miles on this setup and report back if my opinion changes.

The GTS steering feels more natural.

I can't comment on the Diff/MDM improvements.

Kubax86 was super easy to work with and didn't even mention that it took a few extra steps since the laptop I was using was borrowed from a friend and had almost no programs loaded on it. I recommend that everyone with a comp package car get the GTS flash package while Kubax is around to make it easy for you.
Appreciate 1
kubax861751.00
      11-19-2021, 11:27 PM   #116
WGNT M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Did the full GTS flash with Kubax this morning.
Couldn't ask for a better experience.

Its the wife's car and I dont drive it much but the change in DCT characteristics is dramatic.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 10:42 AM   #117
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGNT M3 View Post
Did the full GTS flash with Kubax this morning.
Couldn't ask for a better experience.

Its the wife's car and I dont drive it much but the change in DCT characteristics is dramatic.
thank you very much for your feedback
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 09:13 AM   #118
JAI///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2018 F80  [0.00]
I'm considering the GTS/CS suite for my 2108 ZCP and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the CS EDC when using Eibach V1 or V2 springs? I imagine the CS coding would still compliment the car well with the Eibach springs but hoping to hear some real world experience. Thx
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 01:00 PM   #119
Cowsgomoo1284
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 6mt

Garage List
2016 F80 M3  [0.00]
Just picked up a 2016 f80, definitely looking for more out of the rear diff. What hardware do I need if I was going to PM @Kubax86 for a flash? New member can’t PM yet…
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 01:07 PM   #120
JAI///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2018 F80  [0.00]
I think it's listed on their site Bimmer-remote. From memory you will need an OBD to enet adapter cable and a compatible laptop with some free software and files provided once you submit your order.

A battery charger is recommended but not required. I flashed the GTS/CS suite with kubax without a charger and all was well. And we'll worth the cost IMO
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 03:15 PM   #121
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowsgomoo1284 View Post
Just picked up a 2016 f80, definitely looking for more out of the rear diff. What hardware do I need if I was going to PM @Kubax86 for a flash? New member can’t PM yet…

Windows laptop with TeamViewer.
Download TeamViewer for free here:
https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/

ENET cable:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_=as_li_ss_tl

IF your laptop doesn't have an Ethernet port:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...f_=as_li_ss_tl

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 08:34 AM   #122
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowsgomoo1284 View Post
Best way - order at webstore
Appreciate 0