Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-27-2018, 03:55 PM   #23
joegie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP 6MT

am i the only one who wants auto-rev in sport+? lol.
      08-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #24
KZEVO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

We each have our own preference and that's all good and i respect that

One of the great satisfaction of driving a manual is to heel-toe and when executed flawlessly, it feels very satisfying and engaging. That being taken away by BMW (if that's really what's happened) without any notice is very disappointing. Personally, being able to heel-toe was a big factor in going with the MT. otherwise, i would have picked up a CS.

I'll check on the drive home from work if its disabled with traction control off but i will not drive the car on public roads consistently and routinely with TC off.

May be this is BMW's way of getting people to slowly stop driving a MT car...conspiracy theory.... j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegie View Post
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 04:49 PM   #25
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZEVO View Post

One of the great satisfaction of driving a manual is to heel-toe and when executed flawlessly, it feels very satisfying and engaging. That being taken away by BMW (if that's really what's happened) without any notice is very disappointing. Personally, being able to heel-toe was a big factor in going with the MT. otherwise, i would have picked up a CS.

I'll check on the drive home from work if its disabled with traction control off but i will not drive the car on public roads consistently and routinely with TC off.

May be this is BMW's way of getting people to slowly stop driving a MT car...conspiracy theory.... j/k
I don't heel/toe during normal driving. For me it's about having complete control of the throttle and driveline. I don't even like the hill assist to be honest. Yes, it's effective and very convenient but if I could turn it off I would.

The point of the manual is to be in full control of the machine.
Appreciate 1
shay2nak1070.00
      08-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #26
KZEVO
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
Quote:

I don't heel/toe during normal driving. For me it's about having complete control of the throttle and driveline. I don't even like the hill assist to be honest. Yes, it's effective and very convenient but if I could turn it off I would.

Updated my original post. Auto-rev match is disabled in all three engine/throttle modes with TC off.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 05:57 PM   #27
joegie
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

yeah, it seems to be hit or miss, I've been driving the car in sport to test the auto-rev, sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn't.

I get where you're coming from with heel/toe, my last car I would do it out of habit/second nature, I guess I'm just lazy and the car will do it perfectly so why not. guess i'll start driving in sport+ more to fix my laziness
      08-27-2018, 06:36 PM   #28
sprokai
Lurker
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6MT LSB

Quote:
That wouldn't have turned me off the 6MT. Even after having numerous MT cars I never got the hang of heel-toe.
Appreciate 2
shay2nak1070.00
MomoM3987.00
      08-27-2018, 07:48 PM   #29
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Updated my original post. Auto-rev match is disabled in all three engine/throttle modes with TC off.
That's just strange. Mine still rev matches with DSC off. Is this some new software version? I hope they don't update mine when I go in for service...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 09:46 PM   #30
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerIx View Post
That's just strange. Mine still rev matches with DSC off. Is this some new software version? I hope they don't update mine when I go in for service...
Exactly the same here.

And I had the same thought - heading in for run in service in a couple weeks and they better not jack this thing up.

Quote:
"off" off or MDM? Or both? MDM would be okay and actually better than my setup as I don't like having permanent rev match in Eff/Sport today. Having to be in MDM to turn this off in all modes is an okay compromise.

Honestly - it's been warm and dry here and I've not had any traction issues at all. The TC virtually never intrudes and I drive this thing hard. I use MDM for the canyons and zero issues which leads me to believe that either A) BMW really, really dialed in the ZCP cars and/or B) people are overreacting about traction issues in the older cars (I suspect the former). I just don't see this motor overpowering the rear tires in anything but going WOT through a sharp turn... and even my 46M will get sideways doing that. The other thing is that the car is so damn fast AND responsive at part throttle in Sports+ that actual WOT is overkill in most situations even though WOT is 100% locked down and controllable. That's the beauty - you can use full power in this thing pretty much whenever you want assuming warm/dry conditions.

You guys driving this thing in Efficiency mode are seriously missing out - the car is totally different in Sports+.

Last edited by EricSMG; 08-27-2018 at 09:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 08:28 AM   #31
KZEVO
Lieutenant
Rep

Auto-rev match is disabled only when full traction control is switched off regardless of engine/throttle mode (efficiency, sports or sports plus). With MDM, auto-rev match stays on regardless of engine/throttle mode.

Further, a nearby dealership checked a '18 f80 6MT they have on their lot and it too has auto-rev match enabled in sports plus mode. There are no internal documents pointing to a change. We will have to see whether this gets resolved during break-in service.

Quote:

"off" off or MDM? Or both? MDM would be okay and actually better than my setup as I don't like having permanent rev match in Eff/Sport today. Having to be in MDM to turn this off in all modes is an okay compromise.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 08:47 AM   #32
F1fan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80

Quote:
Further, a nearby dealership checked a '18 f80 6MT they have on their lot and it too has auto-rev match enabled in sports plus mode. There are no internal documents pointing to a change. We will have to see whether this gets resolved during break-in service.
WHAT? I am in the minority in that I would prefer that rev-match function on Sports+. If BMW has enabled that through a software update that will address one of my biggest complaints about the car. Can anyone confirm whether older (mine is a '17) vehicles will now rev match in sport+ if the dealer loads in new software?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 08:58 AM   #33
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I thought I read on this forum they figured out a way to code auto rev match on for Sport+ mode. If that is the case then i would imagine you can code it off as well.

My 5/18 build ZCP does NOT auto rev match in Sport+

Alan
      08-28-2018, 09:11 AM   #34
KZEVO
Lieutenant
Rep

Are you past your 1200 mile break-in service? Wondering if you recall if it changed after the break-in service or it always was disengaged in sports plus from the start. thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I thought I read on this forum they figured out a way to code auto rev match on for Sport+ mode. If that is the case then i would imagine you can code it off as well.

My 5/18 build ZCP does NOT auto rev match in Sport+

Alan
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #35
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
It's one of those odd things manufacturers restrict when it easily could be an option in iDrive. In this case BMW decided they knew best when to allow it and when not to. It would be nice to see this and ASD as simple on/off choices in iDrive so the owner with their own tastes can personalize the car to their liking.

Last edited by minn19; 08-28-2018 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #36
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Are you past your 1200 mile break-in service? Wondering if you recall if it changed after the break-in service or it always was disengaged in sports plus from the start. thank you.
I just did my break in service and nothing changed. Auto rev match was always off in Sport+ before and after the service.
      08-28-2018, 10:59 AM   #37
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I just did my break in service and nothing changed. Auto rev match was always off in Sport+ before and after the service.
I’m doing mine this evening. I’ll check on the way there and after to see if there is any difference. Mine is a really early 18 build, I believe August of 17 actually so I’m guessing it’ll be like the majority of everyone else’s.

Last edited by minn19; 08-28-2018 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 11:08 AM   #38
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

I'll be getting my 10k service soon. Crossing fingers the rev match behavior doesn't change.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 11:13 AM   #39
joegie
Second Lieutenant
Rep

i think mine is a 2/18 build date, purchased in june and still have not done break in service, i tested my sport+ driving home last night and it did not auto rev match.
      08-28-2018, 11:26 AM   #40
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 LSB M3 (F80)

Quote:
No
      08-28-2018, 03:41 PM   #41
hirev
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 yas marina manual

2016 m3 here, rev match not in sport plus ever....it works 98% of the time in other modes and I like it.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #42
YerrowNoodle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Sometimes I regret not getting a ZCP
      08-28-2018, 04:47 PM   #43
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

I get my 1200 mile service on Thursday. It better stay as is!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 04:51 PM   #44
alfonseexists
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 with Comp Pack

Garage List
2018 BMW m4  [0.00]
Another 18 zcp manual owner here. Rev matching is off on sports plus regardless of traction control settings. Mine was a 12/17 build. Mine goes to red line quickly if I stomp on it. No hesitations. Feels strong throughout
I also could do without the burbles. If my car had rev matching in sports plus I would not have gotten it. I bought a manual for a reason. I rather love the art of performance driving and the engagement a manual brings.

Everything is codeable thankfully. The options available are incredible
Appreciate 1
shay2nak1070.00