European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #5039
Liquid2.0T
Lieutenant
United_States
340
Rep
538
Posts

Drives: MW ZCP F80
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Hey Shawn,

I have an issue with the FEM_Body ECU and I'm getting a "cafd_ffffffff-255_255_255" error.

However when I try to do the following steps:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on desired FEM_BODY => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on FEM_BODY (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

I can't because I have the "Detect CAF for SWE" option in Esys grayed out for some reason. I'm running Esys 3.27.1 and psdz lite v4.19.40. Any idea why I don't have that "Detect CAF for SWE" option available?

Thanks!
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #5040
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
4580
Rep
24,549
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid2.0T View Post
Hey Shawn,

I have an issue with the FEM_Body ECU and I'm getting a "cafd_ffffffff-255_255_255" error.

However when I try to do the following steps:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on desired FEM_BODY => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on FEM_BODY (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

I can't because I have the "Detect CAF for SWE" option in Esys grayed out for some reason. I'm running Esys 3.27.1 and psdz lite v4.19.40. Any idea why I don't have that "Detect CAF for SWE" option available?

Thanks!
Inject CAFD and Encode using E-Sys 3.3x.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 02:09 PM   #5041
Liquid2.0T
Lieutenant
United_States
340
Rep
538
Posts

Drives: MW ZCP F80
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Inject CAFD and Encode using E-Sys 3.3x.
Thanks, do I need the full psdz, or can I do this with the lite version?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #5042
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
4580
Rep
24,549
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid2.0T View Post
Thanks, do I need the full psdz, or can I do this with the lite version?
Just Lite is fine.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #5043
Liquid2.0T
Lieutenant
United_States
340
Rep
538
Posts

Drives: MW ZCP F80
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

yaaaaaaaassss!!

Thanks buddy! It worked.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #5044
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
4580
Rep
24,549
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid2.0T View Post
yaaaaaaaassss!!

Thanks buddy! It worked.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 12:34 AM   #5045
AdvRider
Registered
United_States
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Mukilteo, WA

iTrader: (0)

Shawn, pls pm me coding for 15 F82
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 09:21 AM   #5046
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
4580
Rep
24,549
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRider View Post
Shawn, pls pm me coding for 15 F82
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 02:14 AM   #5047
Spun Crankhub
Brigadier General
636
Rep
3,824
Posts

Drives: Sakhir on Sakhir
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (44)

Hey shawnsheridan can I get some files from you for my 15 M4? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 05:21 AM   #5048
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
4580
Rep
24,549
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoChris View Post
Hey shawnsheridan can I get some files from you for my 15 M4? Thanks in advance!
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #5049
Spun Crankhub
Brigadier General
636
Rep
3,824
Posts

Drives: Sakhir on Sakhir
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
You da man, thanks so much!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 12:29 AM   #5050
laheqt
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW F31 320dX 2014
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Estonia

iTrader: (0)

Hey shawnsheridan, I know I might not be in the correct place currently but I'm new so hopefully you'll still help me.

I want to code my 2014 F31 so could you please send me the necessary files/software download links?

I'm pretty new to this (never done this before) so got a question from watching a video. When you connect with E-sys you need to choose the correct chassis version without the "DIRECT" in the end. For F30 you choose F020 etc. What should I choose for F31? Still the F020?
2ndly, I've been through tons of forums, videos etc and I noticed in a thread where Almaretto mentioned that people are not using cheat sheets anymore, rather an XML or something. What did he mean by that?

Thanks a ton!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 08:15 AM   #5051
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
4580
Rep
24,549
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by laheqt View Post
Hey shawnsheridan, I know I might not be in the correct place currently but I'm new so hopefully you'll still help me.

I want to code my 2014 F31 so could you please send me the necessary files/software download links?

I'm pretty new to this (never done this before) so got a question from watching a video. When you connect with E-sys you need to choose the correct chassis version without the "DIRECT" in the end. For F30 you choose F020 etc. What should I choose for F31? Still the F020?
2ndly, I've been through tons of forums, videos etc and I noticed in a thread where Almaretto mentioned that people are not using cheat sheets anymore, rather an XML or something. What did he mean by that?

Thanks a ton!
PM sent.

For F20 & F30, the E-Sys Connection Target is F20. The Launcher Car Series though must be set to match actual car designation (e.g. F20, F30, etc.).

Launcher Cheat Codes:

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=874588
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 01:20 AM   #5052
ac011
Private First Class
5
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: White F82
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

HI, Shaw

Can you PM me coding for F82 2015

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 05:26 AM   #5053
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
4580
Rep
24,549
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac011 View Post
HI, Shaw

Can you PM me coding for F82 2015

Thanks,
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 05:19 PM   #5054
HyeM3
Second Lieutenant
HyeM3's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (1)

Hey shawnsheridan could you send me the necessary files to code a '15 F80? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 05:32 PM   #5055
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
4580
Rep
24,549
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Hey shawnsheridan could you send me the necessary files to code a '15 F80? Thanks in advance!
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 08:39 AM   #5056
140M
New Member
Norway
32
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 140M V8RS
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Hi Shawn
Can you pm me files for coding 2016 f80?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 08:52 AM   #5057
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
4580
Rep
24,549
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 140M View Post
Hi Shawn
Can you pm me files for coding 2016 f80?
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #5058
Charroyo
New Member
Charroyo's Avatar
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: Sakhir Orange II M4
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Hey Shawnsheridan

Could you send me everything i need to code edc off on my 2018 f82??

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 09:51 AM   #5059
dvq
Private First Class
United_States
170
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Competition
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (1)

Hi could I get the software I need for a 2018 F82? Thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #5060
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
4580
Rep
24,549
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charroyo View Post
Hey Shawnsheridan

Could you send me everything i need to code edc off on my 2018 f82??

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvq View Post
Hi could I get the software I need for a 2018 F82? Thank you very much
PM's sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST