Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-11-2018, 08:10 AM   #23
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Congrats FC. With April production and no Individual colors, you should have no problem picking your car up early-July. Your issue will be whether the Welt has any delivery slots available on the day you're looking for. But the ED scheduling system is incredibly efficient and the turn-around on date requests is usually only 24 hours.

Beautiful spec btw. I'd only consider full leather as most of us think it transforms the look and feel of car's interior.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 08:37 AM   #24
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Nicely done.
The allocation game is getting strange with M3 lately, I have a feeling if dealer can vouch for the deal as being serious one, BMWNA will grant allocation. My wild guess, it looks like BMWNA just hate sending cars to dealer if it'll sit there unsold. With the raising interest rate, uncertain economy... etc, cars are not selling right now.

So for whomever looking or M3, convince your CA that you are serious buyer not just kicking tires around
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 09:04 AM   #25
FC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 F90, '23 BGTS 4.0, '21 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
Nicely done.
The allocation game is getting strange with M3 lately, I have a feeling if dealer can vouch for the deal as being serious one, BMWNA will grant allocation. My wild guess, it looks like BMWNA just hate sending cars to dealer if it'll sit there unsold. With the raising interest rate, uncertain economy... etc, cars are not selling right now.

So for whomever looking or M3, convince your CA that you are serious buyer not just kicking tires around
That's the weird part. I had a deposit in late February, was 1st in line at the dealership, was marked down as "pre-sold"- European delivery (or similar) and they still got zero allocations in March and April. He made it sound like they were typically good for two allocations a month.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #26
FC
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
Congrats FC.

Beautiful spec btw. I'd only consider full leather as most of us think it transforms the look and feel of car's interior.
Thanks. I did consider it, but this car is already more than I've ever spent on a car and I decided to put the money towards the exec pkg.

It's black interior and the updated dashes have the faux stitching which is not so bad.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #27
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Thanks. I did consider it, but this car is already more than I've ever spent on a car and I decided to put the money towards the exec pkg.

It's black interior and the updated dashes have the faux stitching which is not so bad.
Every new car that someone buys is generally more than they've ever spent on any previous car! That's no justification!

"Faux stitching". 'Nuff said!

You know that Full Leather is ~$1,000 cheaper with the Executive Package, right?

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #28
FC
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Every new car that someone buys is generally more than they've ever spent on any previous car! That's no justification!

You know that Full Leather is ~$1,000 cheaper with the Executive Package, right?
I do. It also means my extended leather is free.

The thing is, this car is gross overkill for my needs. By all accounts I should buy a GTI and be done, so I am already $40k over budget if you want to see it that way.
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42992.00
      04-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #29
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post

I do. It also means my extended leather is free.

The thing is, this car is gross overkill for my needs. By all accounts I should buy a GTI and be done, so I am already $40k over budget if you want to see it that way.
It's overkill for all of our needs. That's the allure and fun of it.
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42992.00
      04-11-2018, 03:35 PM   #30
killerdeck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2 CS HS, 6-sp, PSS

Quote:
Well, I heard from the dealer on Sunday what I expected... no allocations of April. So I moved on to a completely different plan.

Then he calls me yesterday. I don't know what kind of strings he pulled, but somehow he found a dealer with one of the few remaining M3's that could still be changed and I have a car!!!

I have a production number and the request has been sent to European Delivery for July 2nd.

I am stunned. Time to plan that trip!
Congrats to finally finding an allocation!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 09:32 AM   #31
FC
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdeck View Post
Congrats to finally finding an allocation!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 07:03 PM   #32
Atomicchicken
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hello,

I am new to all this but I just wanted to ask a question about timing. I have been in touch with my local BMW dealer and I am planning to pick up the car in Munich in September. My dealer said that they had allocation a few weeks ago but told me that it was too early for a September pick up. If I had taken that slot then the car would be ready for pickup in May. The dealer pretty much guaranteed me that they could supply me my M3 for pick up in September and I wanted to go ahead and book my trip so I did based on what the dealer said. I do realize that things may go wrong but I figured it was way in advance and they could timing it according. Now my question is about when would my dealer have to place the order for me to pick up in Munich in early September. I booked my trip from 9/8-15 if that helps.

Thank you for your help
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #33
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicchicken View Post
Hello,

I am new to all this but I just wanted to ask a question about timing. I have been in touch with my local BMW dealer and I am planning to pick up the car in Munich in September. My dealer said that they had allocation a few weeks ago but told me that it was too early for a September pick up. If I had taken that slot then the car would be ready for pickup in May. The dealer pretty much guaranteed me that they could supply me my M3 for pick up in September and I wanted to go ahead and book my trip so I did based on what the dealer said. I do realize that things may go wrong but I figured it was way in advance and they could timing it according. Now my question is about when would my dealer have to place the order for me to pick up in Munich in early September. I booked my trip from 9/8-15 if that helps.

Thank you for your help
Risky move. Booking your trip without any guarantees.

The rule is don't book flights until approval from ED department of pickup date. You don't even have an allocation.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 07:33 PM   #34
Sidebrowns
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '18 M3

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for your help
Don't take their word unless you have a production number at this time. Without a production number, you have no guarantee of an allocation so remember they're just blowing smoke.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #35
Atomicchicken
Private
Rep

Yes I know it's risky but worst case, I'll have a nice trip and I'll just get the car locally. But besides the fact that it's a risk, about when should I make sure the dealer starts ordering the car?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 08:21 PM   #36
Sidebrowns
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yes I know it's risky but worst case, I'll have a nice trip and I'll just get the car locally. But besides the fact that it's a risk, about when should I make sure the dealer starts ordering the car?
Sounds like you're ok with taking the trip even if you don't get your euro delivery. In that case I wouldn't be too concerned with the allocation status but if you want/need the car by a specific timeframe, I'd say plan on it taking at least 6 weeks from the time you receive your allocation to the time the car is delivered. Could be much longer though, in my case at least 16 weeks from the time my allocation was confirmed to the time I may expect delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 10:12 PM   #37
Atomicchicken
Private
Rep

Thanks for your input Sidebrowns. Wow, your case is 16 weeks?!?!? Crazy long. I hope you get it sooner. Is there any reason why yours takes that long? I'll have to keep reminding the dealer that I'm still ready and waiting to put in my order. The dealer seems knowledge and trustworthy but if it doesn't work out I don't mind, it's still going to be a kick ass trip.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 10:13 PM   #38
Atomicchicken
Private
Rep

What do you mean by production number? Can I get one this early? As I mentioned before, I want to pick up in September. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 10:29 PM   #39
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
What do you mean by production number? Can I get one this early? As I mentioned before, I want to pick up in September. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks
You get a production number when your car is ordered and accepted by BMW. You can order for ED 6 months ahead. BMW will store your car until your delivery date. I'd get your order in now. My order went in January for a late May delivery.
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2018, 10:45 PM   #40
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Quote:

Thanks
You get a production number when your car is ordered and accepted by BMW. You can order for ED 6 months ahead. BMW will store your car until your delivery date. I'd get your order in now. My order went in January for a late May delivery.
This. I would start shopping around with other dealers OP
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 10:46 PM   #41
Atomicchicken
Private
Rep

Nikolas,

Thank you for the info!!!! Super helpful. I'll be sure to request one now to somewhat guarantee a car for pickup.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 11:00 PM   #42
Atomicchicken
Private
Rep

One other question, it maybe a little off topic but I was going to add the black kidney grills in my order and I was reading around and I was wondering who would install the grills? Would they be installed at the factory during assembly or once it arrive in the US at the Vehicle Processing Center or Vehicle Distribution Center or at my local dealer? Also since I am planning to do European Delivery I will be picking up my car in Honolulu, Hawaii so would my car be delivered to the mainland once, then come to Hawaii or go directly from Germany to Hawaii?

Thanks again for your help guys
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #43
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
One other question, it maybe a little off topic but I was going to add the black kidney grills in my order and I was reading around and I was wondering who would install the grills? Would they be installed at the factory during assembly or once it arrive in the US at the Vehicle Processing Center or Vehicle Distribution Center or at my local dealer? Also since I am planning to do European Delivery I will be picking up my car in Honolulu, Hawaii so would my car be delivered to the mainland once, then come to Hawaii or go directly from Germany to Hawaii? Thanks again for your help guys
"Factory" accessories are normally installed at the VPC, but they cannot be ordered for ED cars (I know from experience). You'll have to order them through you dealer's parts department and have your dealer do the installation prior to re-delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 02:30 PM   #44
Sidebrowns
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your input Sidebrowns. Wow, your case is 16 weeks?!?!? Crazy long. I hope you get it sooner. Is there any reason why yours takes that long? I'll have to keep reminding the dealer that I'm still ready and waiting to put in my order. The dealer seems knowledge and trustworthy but if it doesn't work out I don't mind, it's still going to be a kick ass trip.
There seems to be some delay due to the color (Tanzanite Blue). If you're getting one of the standard colors you shouldn't have to worry about a crazy long timeframe like what's going on with mine.
Appreciate 0