ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #1
octavioaccord
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Bc Racing!!!

Was up guys I I have eibach springs on my M3
But I actually would like to order some coilovers. There is a lot of different brands out there and I came across BC racing coilovers. They are prey affordable but I never heard of them so I am asking you guys to see what do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 02:39 PM   #2
weavingtraffic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
1990 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
I had these on my f30. Different car but I have nothing bad to say about them. They were almost perfect right out of the box and with a bit of minor tweaking I had the car riding and sitting how I wanted it to. I drove the car daily - a few clicks off the stiffest dampening adjustment - and found them to be extremely tolerable/well handling.

As for the f80, is this going to be a significant increase from stock? Maybe/maybe not. Depends on your goals. If you all you care about is a stiffer ride and moar low, it's probably fine. To track the car? Eh. They are definitely more affordable than the other options and I don't think you would go wrong with getting them.

Would be great to hear what others are saying who are running this suspension on our cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 10:34 AM   #3
JoshFND
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 shopping

Have them on mine for about 12k miles and no issues at all. Used them on previous builds of mine and always had the same great results, at a fraction of competitor coil over prices.
Attached Images

10-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #4
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

I might get them instead of my KW HAS. Good part is you can buy every single piece individual at BC. I think I give it a try.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 11:36 AM   #5
octavioaccord
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavingtraffic View Post
I had these on my f30. Different car but I have nothing bad to say about them. They were almost perfect right out of the box and with a bit of minor tweaking I had the car riding and sitting how I wanted it to. I drove the car daily - a few clicks off the stiffest dampening adjustment - and found them to be extremely tolerable/well handling.

As for the f80, is this going to be a significant increase from stock? Maybe/maybe not. Depends on your goals. If you all you care about is a stiffer ride and moar low, it's probably fine. To track the car? Eh. They are definitely more affordable than the other options and I don't think you would go wrong with getting them.

Would be great to hear what others are saying who are running this suspension on our cars.
Thank you so much for the response bro 🙏🏻
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 11:38 AM   #6
octavioaccord
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshFND View Post
Have them on mine for about 12k miles and no issues at all. Used them on previous builds of mine and always had the same great results, at a fraction of competitor coil over prices.
Man I follow you and I love the way your car looks but I didn't knew you wore using BC racing coilovers. Definitely will order them, thank you so much for the reply 🙏🏻
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 11:43 AM   #7
octavioaccord
Rep

Quote:
Also do you have the Swift springs with & extreme low option?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 02:23 PM   #8
JoshFND
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavioaccord View Post
Quote:

Yes, decided to up my rates for the fitment I was going for

On FB Alexx king assisted me and got me a really good deal. BC is in Orlando (about an hour from me) and got my items in 3 days
      10-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #9
octavioaccord
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by octavioaccord View Post
Quote:

Yes, decided to up my rates for the fitment I was going for

On FB Alexx king assisted me and got me a really good deal. BC is in Orlando (about an hour from me) and got my items in 3 days
Thank you so much bro I appreciate your help.
My Instagram name is @octavioboligan and @shapeyourimage if you ever need anything 💪🏻💪🏻
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 11:31 AM   #10
M 4 FUN
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320 Si, BMW M4 comp. BMW M

Car looks good. Only one thing that disturbs the clean look. The rear fender protection film. I would wrap the rear fender with PPF. I have done it and it protects better and doesn't change colour with time.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #11
wrussell1992
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4 FUN View Post
Car looks good. Only one thing that disturbs the clean look. The rear fender protection film. I would wrap the rear fender with PPF. I have done it and it protects better and doesn't change colour with time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4 FUN View Post
Only issue is the rear fender is continuous with the top rail and is over $1k to wrap. No shame in a couple chips over the years but worst case you respray vs spend $6k on a full wrap
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 03:51 PM   #12
M 4 FUN
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320 Si, BMW M4 comp. BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrussell1992 View Post
Only issue is the rear fender is continuous with the top rail and is over $1k to wrap. No shame in a couple chips over the years but worst case you respray vs spend $6k on a full wrap
Just cut the wrap at the "sideline" of the fender from the middle of the doorhandle and back to the rearlight. It won't be visible. We do it on all our M3/4's.
Appreciate 0