Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

02-09-2024, 11:54 AM   #1
cormy
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Unhappy No spare..really??

Just found out my 2017 M4 doesn't come with a spare, just some air pump and flat fix canister (which is missing)...

Not thinking I'm going to be fixing a flat with this stuff alongside the highway, I am buying an appropriate spare from EZ Spare and will secure in trunk.

Anybody else go this route?

Was also looking for the oil dipstick last night...
Appreciate 1
Huck508.00
      02-09-2024, 01:00 PM   #2
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormy View Post
Just found out my 2017 M4 doesn't come with a spare, just some air pump and flat fix canister (which is missing)...

Not thinking I'm going to be fixing a flat with this stuff alongside the highway, I am buying an appropriate spare from EZ Spare and will secure in trunk.

Anybody else go this route?

Was also looking for the oil dipstick last night...
BMW stopped putting spare tires in cars around 2006-2008 time frame. A full size spare adds 50-60 lbm to the back of the car so Ms come with a M Mobility kit instead of runflat tires.

Oil dipsticks also went away during the same time frame. Blame emissions requirements on the elimination of the dipstick. The electric oil measuring sensor requires a couple of things to get an accurate measurement - engine oil warmed up nicely and on a very flat surface. Don’t be surprised if it shows full one day, min level the next day. However, don’t start dumping in oil right away. Drive some more and recheck the oil level on a flat surface. If it shows low again, started with 1/2 L and then check the level again. Worst thing is to continue pouring oil in and ultimately overfilling the oil pan.
Appreciate 1
heymarkv108.50