Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-24-2024, 12:00 PM   #1
EFV-F82
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Bootmod3 failed tunning malfunction codes wont reset.

I live in Texas-2015 BMW M4 bootmod3 flash issues codes not deleting nor car wants to go in drive or reverse. I downloaded the stock tune then downloaded the stage 1 93 octane and closed the doors buckled the seat belt then pressed flash once 100% i pushed the ignition off waited 5 seconds and turned the car on then malfunction codes popped up and didnt go away. So i went and tried flashing back to stock to restart and once finished same issue all malfunction codes woudnt go away. Went to diagnostic to reset the codes and the vehicle still shows them. I went to DME Reset while vehicle was on and did the reset and now im here still having the issue where i cant move the car and all this malfunction codes persist.

Using KIES Motorsport ob2 wifi and paired perfectly please help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 01:34 PM   #2
JBM4
Private
Rep
Drives: M4CS

Try using your laptop with direct wire instead of your phone. Most times that’s the issue itself.

If that doesn’t fix your issues just contact bm3. Usually get a response within 24hrs.

Hopefully you get this resolved.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2024, 01:39 PM   #3
EFV-F82
Registered
Rep

Yeah i was wondering that using a cable might help will definitely try that soon and post back to see if it solved the issue. Thanks for response if anyone else has input please feel free to le me know 🙏🏼
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 07:14 AM   #4
EFV-F82
Registered
Rep

Car Runs again and is working had me and my buddy on it doing 2 trickle chargers front and back to keep it alive since battery drained and kept draining. First since the battery disconnect and flash was wifi and corrupted we went to bimmerlink and registered the battery then now being direct connected did the flash tune to stock then did the stock transmission once finished waited 5 seconds turned car back on and all worked car is back running and no more codes. Waiting a day or two to do the stage 1 93 octane with the direct cable and not using wifi and will keep this updated.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 08:57 AM   #5
JBM4
Private
Rep
Drives: M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV-F82 View Post
Car Runs again and is working had me and my buddy on it doing 2 trickle chargers front and back to keep it alive since battery drained and kept draining. First since the battery disconnect and flash was wifi and corrupted we went to bimmerlink and registered the battery then now being direct connected did the flash tune to stock then did the stock transmission once finished waited 5 seconds turned car back on and all worked car is back running and no more codes. Waiting a day or two to do the stage 1 93 octane with the direct cable and not using wifi and will keep this updated.
Hey I’m glad you got it sorted out 👍
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2024, 10:44 AM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV-F82 View Post

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0